Google Play Music sometimes restarts a podcast when trying to resume playback.

I recently installed a Bluetooth stereo in my Ford Escape to try to remove the wire clutter. I was using a iPod Nano. After trying to take the plunge into Bluetooth, it's not going very well.  When I drive I don't listen to Music but instead, I listen to a 2-hour long podcast, mostly "Security now)  My issue is this.

if I start listing to a podcast with Navdy and then go to my house turn on my Bluetooth headphones, or plug in regular ones with a play and stop button on them then press play it sometimes starts the Podcast from the beginning.  I then have to find where I left off. I then get back in my car and bring up the play pause button and press play. Sometimes it plays other times it starts over.

Has anyone else been experiencing this or has it just been me?  Other people around the internet look as if they have been complaining about this issue for a few years. I'm close to going back to my iPad Nano 4th gen which was rock solid.

So tonight it happened. Before I left I got skipped to where I was before the podcast restarted. I then walked down town and paused it using my watch. I then closed the app on my phone and the controls on my watch disappeared. Then on the way home I opened Google Play Music and hit play. It then restarted the podcast from the beginning.  The thing is while I was on my couch before I left home I played through this exact scenario numerous times making sure it wouldn't restart. I was then ..Soooooooooooo ######.. I walked home listening to nothing. So anyway... I think it's google play music.. ######## thing!

Tomorrow, back to my iPad Nano 4th Gen I go.

One may be thinking just use another media player on Android, but Navdy only supports  Google Play Music..