[Updated] Naked gunman kills four in Nashville Waffle House

A nude gunman has killed four people at a Waffle House in Nashville in the US state of Tennessee, police say.

The man burst into the restaurant at 03:25 (08:25 GMT) in the suburb of Antioch, and reportedly opened fire with a semi-automatic rifle.

Four other people were wounded. A customer wrestled the weapon from the man, who then fled the scene on foot.

Police are hunting for the suspect, and have identified a "person of interest" in the case.

Police say the gunman was naked except for a green jacket when he opened fire and shed it after the shooting.

He was armed with an AR-15 rifle, a weapon commonly used by mass shooters in the US, according to local media.

Source: BBC

And of course Twitter has the answer for this major problem:

The shooter is still at large.

-----------------------------

Update: 4/23

According to Fox News it appears the shooter has been apprehended

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/23/waffle-house-shooter-arrested-after-cops-say-stole-bmw-days-before-deadly-rampage.html

Edited by Brandon H
added fox news update

That's why our medical insurance is going #####, people aren't getting help to their psychological problems...

Psychiatric care in the US is an even more dismal scene than physical healthcare. But I'd guess drugs until something comes up.

And we have another unstable mind with an AR-15. So we're going to go through the same hoops again.

He previously had that exact AR-15 seized. It was then returned to his father... who then gave it back to him. His father should be charged as well.

In July 2017, the U.S. Secret Service arrested Reinking for being in a "restricted area" near the White House, according to the Secret Service.

"He wanted to set up a meeting with the president," said Secret Service representative Todd Hudson. 

After the arrest, his Illinois firearms authorization was revoked and local Illinois police seized four weapons. 

"Among the weapons seized by those authorities was the AR-15 rifle used at the Waffle House today," said Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron at a Sunday afternoon news conference. 

Police believe Reinking's father received the weapons after their confiscation, and returned them to his son. Nashville Police Chief Steve Anderson said he believes under Illinois law, guns seized can be returned to someone who has a valid state authorization. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2018/04/22/travis-reinking-nashville-waffle-house-shooting-suspect/540144002/

Looks like these dumb gun laws need to be revamped.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, wakjak said:

He previously had that exact AR-15 seized. It was then returned to his father... who then gave it back to him. His father should be charged as well.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2018/04/22/travis-reinking-nashville-waffle-house-shooting-suspect/540144002/

Looks like these dumb gun laws need to be revamped.

you mean, looks like his dad broke the laws by giving the guns back to a person that did not have a firearms authorization....

James Shaw Jr: hero.  He may not think so, but yeah. The "H" word fits.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-tennessee-waffle-house-shooting-scene-20180422-story.html

Man who wrestled gun away from Tennessee Waffle House shooter: He 'was going to have to work to kill me'

The man who snatched an AR-15 rifle from a gunman at a busy Tennessee restaurant says his was a "selfish" act of self-preservation and he doesn't consider himself a hero. Never mind that he is being credited with saving several other lives.

"When I grabbed the barrel of the weapon it was hot, but I didn't care. It was life or death," said James Shaw Jr., a 29-year-old Nashville resident who found himself wrestling with the suspect after four people had already been fatally shot at a Waffle House bustling with wee hour patrons early Sunday in Nashville.

>

800x450

"Man who wrestled gun away from Tennessee Waffle House shooter: He 'was going to have to work to kill me'"

Man I wish I could do something that badass.

Is "hero" defined by the action, or the intent? I don't think he had the luxury of time for intent.

2 hours ago, Zagadka said:

"Man who wrestled gun away from Tennessee Waffle House shooter: He 'was going to have to work to kill me'"

Man I wish I could do something that badass.

Is "hero" defined by the action, or the intent? 

Either, but often things happen to fast for intent to form. Doesn't change the result.

And you never know how you'll react until the time comes. Trust me.

Edited by DocM

8 minutes ago, techbeck said:

well, they finally found the guy

updated source? the main article doesn't mention anything yet