Greenify app

11 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Anyone?

I don't use the app, but I can't find any reference to smart hibernation. I would assume that it tries to intelligently figure out which applications should be hibernated rather than working from a set list - if that is the case then it's really up to you. Do you want the app to decide if others should be hibernated, or do you have a specific set of apps that you want it to close down each time?

useless app, just block running background apps in DEV mode

3 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I don't use the app, but I can't find any reference to smart hibernation. I would assume that it tries to intelligently figure out which applications should be hibernated rather than working from a set list - if that is the case then it's really up to you. Do you want the app to decide if others should be hibernated, or do you have a specific set of apps that you want it to close down each time?

Just installed the app to find out 😛

Greenify will avoid hibernating foreground app and background apps with music playing or ongoing critical task

If you use any app to listen to anything (podcasts or music) I'd probably avoid enabling that.

Just now, Marujan said:

And if he has a pedometer app or something else that needs to run in the background they will no longer work with that option enabled (if my understanding is correct). Greenify looks like it allows you to specify which apps should be allowed to run in the background and which shouldn't.

2 minutes ago, Marujan said:

Do you have a link with instructions? It may help others too :)

2 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

And if he has a pedometer app or something else that needs to run in the background they will no longer work with that option enabled (if my understanding is correct). Greenify looks like it allows you to specify which apps should be allowed to run in the background and which shouldn't.

Word

I have Spotify, Tasker, Light Flow and LastPass all running in the background. All of which I need to be running in the background.

I used it on my Note II and it worked great. There is also a few functions that needs root (if I remember correctly). I haven't needed it with my Pixel 2 XL. Google has done a great job in doing what this app does on it's own.