North Carolina boy Cannon Hinnant, 5, laid to rest after senseless murder: You 'can't imagine what it's like'

Darius Sessoms, 25, has been charged with walking up to the boy late Sunday afternoon and shooting him in the head at point-blank range, according to police and witnesses. Cannon was killed as he rode a bike in his father’s front yard in Wilson. The boy's two sisters, 7 and 8 years old, were with him when he was shot, according to reports.

Hinnant told the station he and Sessoms were next-door neighbors. He had Sessoms over to his house the night before for dinner. They drank a beer together on the porch, he said.

"There wasn't anything between me and him, any bad blood whatsoever, for him to have a reason to do this," Hinnant said, the station reported.

He said he ran to Cannon after he heard the gunshot from inside the house.

"I screamed, 'Somebody, please help me save my son! Help me God save my son, please,'" Hinnant said.

He said he saw Sessoms pacing with a gun in his hand, get in a car and then drive off.

"I was looking at him as I was picking up Cannon," he said. "I was so full of rage, but I couldn't leave my son's side. I wanted to be with my son."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-carolina-boy-cannon-hinnant-murder

• Sad 1

On 8/15/2020 at 2:17 AM, FloatingFatMan said:

Normally I'm dead against the death penalty, but not when it involves murdering or otherwise harming kids... I hope he fries.

Woodchipper food. Seriously 😠

We've seen this killing of someone's kids when drug deals have gone bad. Even weed deals, and it's legal here. Gang weed is cheaper than commercial, so the turf wars continue.