Trying to find MSN Explorer Betas.

I been trying to find MSN Explorer Beta copies for probably 1 or 2 weeks now and found nothing so far. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of MSN Explorer Beta version? I seen this pic float around here:

msedge_fbvZ8hRSvn.png.c78ca7873c9b55fae6c4d0fc787ca7fd.png

This appears to be the only pic of the MSN 9.1 Beta (or any betas) that I can find. The only reason why I want to download the beta copy because if you have the the installer disk it would install without it asking for a user account and it would be easy to mount the ISO to a virtual drive.

If anyone could help me that would be great, thank you. :)

I thought I might have it, for the longest time I kept chatlogs and attachments that Tom Warren sent me back in the 2000's when we used to share MSN leaked betas over MSN (Live Messenger) 😛 but it looks like I deleted all the attachments at some point in time :( as I now only have the chatlogs from that time.

11 hours ago, Aholicknight said:

This appears to be the only pic of the MSN 9.1 Beta (or any betas) that I can find. The only reason why I want to download the beta copy because if you have the the installer disk it would install without it asking for a user account and it would be easy to mount the ISO to a virtual drive.

If anyone could help me that would be great, thank you. :)

Br00TCn.gif

I thought the point of MSN Explorer was that you would be logged in to your account for easier access? And looking at that screenshot makes me think that half the functions of MSN Explorer would not work these days...

Anyway, I found this: MSN Explorer Preview 1 (Beta) and MSN Explorer 7.02.0005.2201. I can't find anything for MSN Explorer 9.1.

The files are available, but I've no idea about the functionality of the programs themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2021 at 07:05, Elliot B. said:

This may be interesting to you:

Author: Michael MJD

Uploaded: January 8, 2021

Have seen that video, that video is the reason why I created this post + that gold 24k beta CD he made a video about. He mentioned in the video that if you have the beta version it won't communicate with Microsoft servers to sign in so you can use it. You can't use any of the old MSN Explorer versions anymore because it has to communicate with Microsoft servers and they have been taken offline, which is why I am asking for the beta version of MSN explorer.

17 minutes ago, Aholicknight said:

Have seen that video, that video is the reason why I created this post + that gold 24k beta CD he made a video about. He mentioned in the video that if you have the beta version it won't communicate with Microsoft servers to sign in so you can use it. You can't use any of the old MSN Explorer versions anymore because it has to communicate with Microsoft servers and they have been taken offline, which is why I am asking for the beta version of MSN explorer.

Well if you know what server it communicates with you can put a loopback in your HOSTS file? Maybe it helps?

Hmm just looking the video description links to the tool to make it possible https://github.com/brz/MarEx

3 hours ago, Copernic said:

Try the http://www.oldversion.com/  forums,  OldVersion contact: ov@oldversion.com,  or try your luck here:  https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsxp/

Tried searching on oldversion.com and no results was found. Really hoping that someone even one person would have the MSN Explorer Beta archived because I can't find anything online.

1 hour ago, Aholicknight said:

Tried searching on oldversion.com and no results was found. Really hoping that someone even one person would have the MSN Explorer Beta archived because I can't find anything online.

Hosted by Microsoft itself http://download.microsoft.com/download/msninetaccess/Install/preview1/W9X2K/EN-US/msnsetup_full.exe this is Beta 1 Preview but unless you figure out that tool which bypasses the need to sign in via Microsoft it will be of no use to you. You might have to try contacting the dude from that video you linked.

On 25/01/2021 at 16:32, Steven P. said:

Hosted by Microsoft itself http://download.microsoft.com/download/msninetaccess/Install/preview1/W9X2K/EN-US/msnsetup_full.exe this is Beta 1 Preview but unless you figure out that tool which bypasses the need to sign in via Microsoft it will be of no use to you. You might have to try contacting the dude from that video you linked.

Tried to install that beta on my windows XP VM and it does not work idk why

2 hours ago, Aholicknight said:

Tried to install that beta on my windows XP VM and it does not work idk why

honestly I'm not too surprised it doesn't work. it was unlike any other browser were it used a lot of server side components that don't exist anymore. plus even if you could get it running it would probably be quite difficult to find any website that would render properly in it anymore. Web standards have changed a lot since the browser was relevant.

I used to love the browser back in the day but it is one of those apps that wasn't bound to age well unfortunately due to its reliance on the server side components.