All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. And? What do you mean “and?” Microsoft teased such functionality then withdrew it. Stardock teased it and delivered. It’s a nice piece of ui functionality than people seem to want. Microsoft didn't necessarily withdraw it; it's being reworked since Microsoft's implementation depended on Edge which in itself is now being reworked over to Chromium.
  3. My Edge Dev (running in Admin mode) just updated to 76.0.167.1. Now I can run it in normal, non-admin mode, again.
  4. Yes and no. It works pretty well but I have had it tank machine performance when using a lot of applications with it at the same time.
  5. Why? This picture clearly speaks words about the gender inequality that exists at Microsoft, at least on this team. The above comments are legitimate.
  6. The Messaging App was not something used directly. The core was and is used by Skype to provide SMS syncing. I doubt any WP/WM10 user ever even noticed that messages could appear in the Messaging App, as it was NEVER the UI used. PS - the Messaging App hasn't displayed or allowed access to SMS messages for Sync since like 1803 or 1709 - so this isn't technically a new change. Do people still use SMS these days other than 2 factor auth? In Europe nobody uses that anymore since the telecoms kept charging way to much so everybody turned to WhatsApp. Then way to late made it free but people are used to other solutions now. I do but only as a backup. Text messages are unlimited for me...
  7. "With GlobalCoin, Facebook hopes that it can make sending money both affordable and secure" Facebook and secure DO NOT even belong in the same sentence but you just know there will tons of people who go for this!
  8. Absolutely nothing. This time they really really REALLY promise that they won't sell your data with anyone with ad money to wave about. /s BTW, to combat bank fraud, Please fill out this 600 page questionnaire about every financial detail you and your family, Friends, Neighbours, Random person you met in the park while dog walking, Your boss and co-workers and anyone you sat next to on the bus have made in say...the last 30 years. Don't forget bank account numbers and PIN's of course....You can trust us this time..we are Facebook and we care..
  9. Ya, just from the few posts here so far and half of them had the Edge get messed up! Way to go MS with your auto updating everything so automatically! Luckily I hadn't been on this machine in a while and even though I just had my Edge get updated, I'm still on the previous version to this update! While it downloads the update, you actually have to restart it for it to update, if it's open. Otherwise it won't just update on it's own. I always get a notification to restart to update on Canary. Apparently the Dev version doesn't work that way as my version gets updated upon opening. Never been told to restart. Some how missed this update on this machine also, which I'm usually on about every other day.
  10. SpaceX has a long history of sandbagging. Ex: for years F9 was listed as being capable of 11.5-13t to LEO for various blocks, but last night it lifted 18.5t - 2t more than Apollo 7.
  11. I thought I heard Leo Laporte saying she's Transgender. That explains everything. I guess in one of her tweets "She also goes forth to mention that being a transgender, her transition has been really difficult." Oh didn't know that, but in either cases, I hope she gets the help she needs and calm down a bit instead of turning into a criminal! She sounds really smart, she should go get a job and make some good coin. Smart people move forward. She seems pretty much stagnant to her anger and whatever hides behind that. She won't go far. Or a smart angry / extremely frustrated person that had a lapse in judgement?
  12. He tried with bank accounts by suggesting facebook handled customer queries. Now he is cutting the middle man.
  13. Not that any of the major OEMs are much better but seriously, if I didn't like some of the extra/enhanced features that Samsung added to the phone I would just unlock my bootloader and load a custom ROM ... Sony gave Android Pie to so many phones back in October... Wish they gave that quick of an update treatment back when I had my Xperia Z3. I got turned off of Sony phones after that one because most of their phones came to the US with the fingerprint reader disabled. I heard that finally changed that with their last couple of phones but I'm still reluctant to try them again; I had various antennae and battery issues too with by my Z3 and the ZL I had before it. I own an XZ PRemium, an XZ2 Premium and an Xperia 1 coming this week, all with android 9. The XZ Premium originally shipped with Android 7. Samsung is yet to update all S8s
  14. Cannot wait for the day when camera apps give you the option to only shoot landscape whatever the orientation of the phone.
  15. A company with one of the worst security records is starting a cryptocurrency. What could go wrong.
  16. Not that any of the major OEMs are much better but seriously, if I didn't like some of the extra/enhanced features that Samsung added to the phone I would just unlock my bootloader and load a custom ROM ... Sony gave Android Pie to so many phones back in October... Wish they gave that quick of an update treatment back when I had my Xperia Z3. I got turned off of Sony phones after that one because most of their phones came to the US with the fingerprint reader disabled. I heard that finally changed that with their last couple of phones but I'm still reluctant to try them again; I had various antennae and battery issues too with by my Z3 and the ZL I had before it.
  17. LaP

GitHub acquires Dependabot; Launches GitHub Sponsors

The bias was still valid with Ballmer in place. But yeah lately MS has been doing well.
  18. Today
  19. Interesting. I was waiting for MS version of it and was disappointed when they canned it. Is Groupy performing well?
  20. Multi monitors support in Windows 10 improved but it's still very sucky. Yeah DisplayFusion is definitely a must have.
  21. Not that any of the major OEMs are much better but seriously, if I didn't like some of the extra/enhanced features that Samsung added to the phone I would just unlock my bootloader and load a custom ROM ... Sony gave Android Pie to so many phones back in October...
  22. No need to make yourself appear credible by citing computer experience. It’s an older, low powered machine. It is expected that older OSes run better on it. I got a i3-2120 CPU, 8GB of RAM, a good SSD, and Win10 runs fine. there is no way I would use Win8 over Win10 especially after Win8's initial release pretty much gave that OS a bad rep due to it's interface not being suited for desktop/laptops and then it never recovered as people generally seem to go Win7 or Win10 as I don't see much reason for Win8 right now. Windows 8 was bad , true, however 8.1 made of changes and its quite usable for a non-workstation PC/laptop. I don't miss the Start menu and the new interface doesn't get in my way too much. Yeah, I have heard that but at that point it's reputation was damaged and people pretty much avoided anything Windows 8 at that point.
  23. Landscape mode vertical video should be banned from the internet entirely. Monitors and TVs are WIDEscreen not tall-screen! Meanwhile, there is no excuse whatever to not hold your smartphone in "portrait mode" when recording a video clip on it. To anyone that still records in portrait mode, you're all idiots. Don't even THINK about uploading your vertical video trash to ANY public video sharing platform or website! /rant
  24. You are talking about ware. You have apparently done 26 TB of writes to your drive, which is about 20% of its life, so you have about 80% left before you start losing capacity. If that is about 2 years, then you can probably expect to keep the drive a total of 10 years, which seems pretty reasonable. Yeah, just about any decent SSD type of device should crack at least 100TB of writes before any chance of failure occurs from writing data to the device as just about anything modern should be rated for a minimum of 70-75TB and that's on the smaller capacities to. so those 1TB range SSD's should go WELL beyond that before failure occurs from writes. True, and the drives do wear leveling, so on a larger drive, the writes are spread across the entire drive. Even if you have a file that is frequently updated (such as the Windows Page File) it will not cause a single part of the drive to wear out faster. The more free space you have on the drive, the more it can spread the load. Yeah, but basically with these 500GB and 1TB range SSD's becoming more of the norm as prices decline people should be able to easily crack into the lower half of the triple digits of TB written to the drive before any real risk of failure (assuming the SSD only fails from writing data to it and not just random faulty pre-mature hardware failure). so even for a conservative figure... most people will have moved onto new hardware before a modern SSD dies from writing data to it unless your one of those people who consistently write a lot of data to it on a day-to-day basis. but even these types should still easily get years out of it unless they are going crazy with the data writing. but as I imagine you already know... even with roughly a 250GB SSD one should be able to get at least 5-10 years out of it as even if one did 80GB (as in 80TBW) per day, every single day, which is A LOT more than most people would do I am sure, that would be 146TBW in 5 years and it's not a stretch for a decent 250GB SSD to reach that point if not further even when they are only officially rated for 75TBW and the like. so even with 40GB a day that would stretch things to 10 years and that's still a lot for someone to do consistently. so with those 500GB/1TB range SSD's you can pretty much use them and forget don't worry in the slightest about writing too much data to it as I don't even really worry much on my 128GB and 250GB SSD's as both are 72TBW/75TBW rated and have 5 year warranty. I got one year left on my Samsung 850 EVO warranty but, the last I checked, I might have been something around 15TBW to it (I am pretty sure it's less than 20TBW).
  25. Not that any of the major OEMs are much better but seriously, if I didn't like some of the extra/enhanced features that Samsung added to the phone I would just unlock my bootloader and load a custom ROM ...
  26. The Messaging App was not something used directly. The core was and is used by Skype to provide SMS syncing. I doubt any WP/WM10 user ever even noticed that messages could appear in the Messaging App, as it was NEVER the UI used. PS - the Messaging App hasn't displayed or allowed access to SMS messages for Sync since like 1803 or 1709 - so this isn't technically a new change. Do people still use SMS these days other than 2 factor auth? In Europe nobody uses that anymore since the telecoms kept charging way to much so everybody turned to WhatsApp. Then way to late made it free but people are used to other solutions now.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?