All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Will the Ultra Reditna XDR screen allow you to browse Reddit more efficiently...? XD
  3. Apple officially reveals the updated iPad Air with a 13-inch model and the M2 chip by John Callaham As rumored for months, Apple officially revealed a new version of its iPad Air tablet as part of its latest virtual press event. The two biggest updates for this latest iPad Air are that it will be sold in a larger 13-inch version, along with adding the company's in-house M2 processor for both models. While the previous iPad Air included the M1 chip, Apple is updating the new version with the M2 processor. Apple says it will allow the new iPad Air to be 50 percent faster than the previous version. The new tablet will also come with Wi-Fi 6E wireless hardware. The new iPad Air will come with 12MP cameras on the front and the back, and the cameras have been moved so they will look and work better when people use the tablet in landscape mode. The newly announced Apple Pencil Pro stylus will also work with the new iPad Air. The prices for the iPad Air will begin at $599 for the 11-inch version, and $799 for the new 13-inch model. The tablets will be available with storage sizes of 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and for the first time with a 1TB storage option. You can also buy them with a 5G wireless option as well. They are now available to order on Apple's store site and will start shipping next week. Apple also announced that the current standard iPad will now have lower prices, starting at $349. The company also announced the high-end iPad Pro tablet today with its all-new M4 chip and a "Tandem OLED" display The iPad Pro is also available for order today with a starting price of $999. Apple will be making even more announcements in just over a month as its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) will get underway in Cupertino, California on June 10.
  4. Apple announces M4-based iPad Pro with Tandem OLED displays and 5.1mm chassis by Taras Buria As expected, at its "Let Loose" event on May 7, 2024, Apple announced its next-generation iPad Pro tablets. Available in 11 and 13-inch variants, these tablets offer "Tandem OLED" displays, the latest M4 processors, and an incredibly thin 5.1mm aluminum chassis. The biggest change in the new iPad Pro models is the displays. Now, instead of IPS, the iPad Pro uses "Tandem OLED" technology that combines two OLED panels to create higher brightness. As a result, the new iPad Pro can produce up to 1,000 nits of peak brightness in SDR and 1,600 nits in HDR. Unlike the previous-gen iPad Pro, which only featured a mini-LED display in the larger 13-inch model, Ultra Reditna XDR is available in both sizes. The iPad Pro is powered by the new 3nm Apple M4 processor with four performance cores and six efficiency cores. Apple claims the processor provides 50% more CPU performance than M2. As for the GPU, it can operate up to 4 times faster than the M2. Finally, Apple promises significant performance uplifts in AI tasks thanks to improvements in M4's Neural Engine. As for storage, each iPad Pro now starts at 256GB and maxes out at 2TB. Some interesting changes happened on the back of the new iPad Pro. Now, instead of two cameras, the tablet has only one wide 12MP camera. The ultra-wide lens is gone, leaving space for a LiDAR sensor and True Tone flash. As for the front-facing camera, it now sits on the "correct" side of the tablet, providing a more natural view for video calls. All that without sacrificing the ability to charge the Apple Pencil on the tablet's side. All those upgrades come at a significant cost. The base 11-inch iPad Pro now starts at $999, while the 13-inch variant with 256GB of storage will set you back $1,299. If that is too much for you, check out the updated iPad Air and its new 13-inch variant. Apple also announced new accessories to complement its latest iPad Pro models. The Magic Keyboard now features an aluminum palm rest, a larger trackpad with haptic response, and a dedicated row of function keys, so you can use shortcuts for changing volume, adjusting brightness, and more. The new Magic Keyboard for the 11-inch iPad Pro costs $299, and its 13-inch sibling costs $349. The $129 Apple Pencil Pro is now a thing. It is the next generation of Apple's digital stylus, and it features several key improvements, such as squeeze, twist, haptic feedback, and Find My. The new tablets and their accessories are now available for preorder on the official website. Shipments begin next week.
  5. Stardock Announces DesktopGPT, and it's free for Object Desktop customers by Steven Parker Stardock has announced a new desktop application today that puts the power of AI at your fingertips. DesktopGPT is an application that is exclusive to Object Desktop that brings the latest AI models to Windows 10/11 for quick interactions and powerful prompting with templates. With DesktopGPT, Stardock is bringing the power of AI to desktop with unique features that makes it easy to jump in-and-out of interacting with multiple large language models (LLM) with a keyboard-first experience. With access to GPT-3.5 Turbo, GPT-4, and GPT-4 Turbo, users have flexibility to easily move between models to find the right tool for their interactions. From left to right: DesktopGPT with template panel open, DesktopGPT with response panel open, and DesktopGPT with response modifier panel open. A core feature of DesktopGPT are the powerful templates that make it easy for beginners and advanced users to engage with various LLMs. From translating text in multiple languages, to writing cover letters or subject lines for emails, DesktopGPT focuses on quick interactions to improve your workflow. “DesktopGPT is the evolution of a tool that we were using internally at Stardock to help us be more effective with our AI interactions” said Brad Sams, General Manager of Stardock Software. “And at the heart of DesktopGPT are templates that are a powerful way to streamline your repetitive tasks” Image: DesktopGPT settings panel DesktopGPT is the perfect complement to Object Desktop that is known for its productivity and personalization apps. With the new desktop application, we are once again raising the value of our suite of desktop enhancements with the inclusion of a new application for no additional cost. Here's a few of the app's highlights: DesktopGPT brings the latest models, including GPT-4 Turbo, directly to the desktop. Keyboard-first interface means you never have to take your hands off the keyboard. Templates make it easy to get curated responses to common tasks. Users can create their own templates that allow them to streamline repetitive tasks. Response modifiers make it easy to vary a response with pre-made modifiers. All Object Desktop customers get 75,000 tokens at no additional cost. DesktopGPT is available now exclusively for Object Desktop customers at no additional cost. At this time, Stardock are not planning to offer DesktopGPT independent of Object Desktop. Object Desktop includes programs such as Fences, Start11, Groupy, SoundPackager, DeskScapes and Multiplicity. Disclaimer: Neowin's relationship to Stardock
  6. Unfortunately, that seems to be the world we live in, rotating services to get access to what you want. I wonder how long it will be before services start charging a premium for month-to-month and making you sign-up for a full year in order to get the "normal" price.
  7. And the benefit of viewing content legally instead of pirating it, but if you don't care about that, then yes, your list tracks.
  8. I'm guessing you got that experience with Winbug10? I had similar horrible experience when I tried Winbug10 on my Surface Pro 2, so much so, I reverted it back to Windows 8.1.1. With 8.1.1, it was very reliable and I'd still be using it today had my computing needs not passed its 8GB RAM limit. Got a 32GB RAM i7 Surface Pro 7+ and didn't even dare to boot into Winbug10 given what I had experienced earlier. Instead, did a clean installation of Windows 11 Pro right out of the box...so far, way more reliable than what I experienced with Winbug10, especially the Tablet experience, but still not as reliable as Windows 8.1.1, thanks mostly to the degraded File Explorer performance. Dutchie64: "The hardware is in general nice, but they - really - should make them more serviceable. Lost two tablets due to borked drives, and one to a puffed up battery. If only I would have been able to easily replace those. Shrugs...." Uhm, don't you have local electronics repair shops over there? I took mine to a 1-man repair shop, he was able to open my Surface Pro 2 and upgrade it to a 1TB SSD. Also, took my mom's Surface Pro 2, which had a puffed up battery, to Case Mogul here, they got a replacement battery for it and she's still using it till today.
  9. Yes, and that is the problem with all electronics nowadays. I remember my phones and laptops fondly, where I could just remove a back panel and flip in a new battery. Or open it up, and add another drive. now, not so much and I hate it. You're just waiting for it to become a expensive paperweight.
  10. "...which is why, despite the massive TFlop bump, Sony apparently expects a 45% performance improvement." Considering Series X is about 20% more powerful than PS5, -> Pro is then only about 20% faster than Series X.
  11. I agree with everything you said, expect for "cracking down on sharing." It is totally reasonable for them to expect everyone viewing their content to pay for it.
  12. Telling you have no clue, without telling you have no clue
  13. LOL Microsoft should just stick to Office, Azure, Windows, DevOps and AI They are not good at consumer stuff and consumer hardware. It is failure after failure and they always give up. Can't wait to see how they are going to manage Call Of Duty and mess that up too lol
  14. I am guessing they are talking about the "Premium" version, because its already freely included with Windows.
  15. What about Xiaomi? The car looks something to look forward to
  16. I would like to hope that the current online features/games/etc. will all be available. They'd probably keep that infrastructure the same. But then again, this is Nintendo so anything's possible...lol... from what the leaks are sounding like, this will be a similar to previous handheld generation jumps. Like GBC to GBA or DSi to 3DS. Backwards compatible but will have a few enhanced and extra features.
  17. Today
  18. I think this is more of a case of Bethesda putting out hot garbage over the last few years.
  19. I would like to hope that the current online features/games/etc. will all be available. They'd probably keep that infrastructure the same. But then again, this is Nintendo so anything's possible...lol...
  20. Lol, sorry but no. A) I straight-up don't believe you. Name the jurisdiction...oh, you won't, okay then. B) your attempt to write in legalize is laughable. C) if what you said is true, then how has it not been an issue for Android, iPhone, and Chrome Books? They all meet the description you gave.
  21. May very well be, but then they need to make sure EVERY user KNOWS and UNDERSTANDS this, which they don't. Makes no sense to say "there are pages and pages and pages of documentation on this". So are there pages and pages and pages on the harmful effects / risks of alcohol, nicotine, hot coffee, wet saws, and so on, and so forth. Without properly informing and making a clear effort to educate their users, they will be sued and the case will be won.
  22. I feel like any kind of Apple branded car would be a hard sell, especially in the current era where Tesla is getting a lot of attention for having good technology and poorly made vehicles. I think the last thing people want is another technology company making vehicles. In my opinion, what Apple should focus on is enhancing Car Play. Give it some standalone capabilities. Work with partners to let Car Play access things like A/C controls and other inside functions so it can work like a true infotainment system, instead of just a way for your phone to take over the car's screen.
  23. But, but MS buying everything is good for the industry they said.
  1. Load more activity