All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Monkey Man, 7/10. It could've been a 8/10 if they didn't use that annoying Bourne Identify shaky cam for the fights. Otherwise, it was a good revenge story.
  3. George P

What was the last TV show you watched?

Fallout, great show, 9/10 if I had to give it a score. Also watching X-men 97, ep5 and 7 go so hard, 6 was ok overall.
  4. George P

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)

People saying this movie will save the MCU or put it back where it used to be etc. While I expect a fun movie and think some people are expecting too much. One good movie isn't going to put the whole franchise back on track overnight.
  5. Today
  6. Sure, if you look at it as a marketing term, then yeah. But I've always thought of it as a compatibility thing. Until the XSX and PS5 kept the same x86 arch and BC with PS4/XBO games, each new console would mark a clean break from the one before it. Older console cycles were also around the 5 year mark till the 360/PS3 made that 7-8. I think we're going to go back to a shorter, 4-5 year cycle, as far as home consoles go. Though as far as Xbox goes, I expect them to release a handheld device for sure. Maybe selling you a external GPU powered dock for 4k60 on your TV at home as a option.
  7. WhatsApp says it will leave India if forced to break end-to-end encryption by Karthik Mudaliar Photo by Studio Art Smile from Pexels WhatsApp has informed the Delhi High Court that it would cease operations in India if compelled to compromise message encryption during the ongoing case of WhatsApp LLC vs. Union of India. The online messaging platform argues that end-to-end encryption safeguards user privacy by allowing only the sender and recipient to access message content. Tejas Karia, appearing for WhatsApp, told a Division Bench in New Delhi: "As a platform, we are saying, if we are told to break encryption, then WhatsApp goes. There is no such rule anywhere else in the world, not even Brazil. We will have to keep a complete chain and we don't know which messages will be asked to be decrypted. It means millions and millions of messages will have to be stored for a number of years". Karia added that people use WhatsApp for the privacy feature it offers, and the service has more than 400 million users in India, which also makes the country the largest market for the platform. The Meta-owned company challenges the Information Technology Rules of 2021 in India (PDF, via LiveLaw.in), which mandate tracing chats and identifying message originators for security reasons, such as curbing the spread of fake news. WhatsApp says that this weakens encryption and infringes on user privacy rights under the Indian Constitution. Since then, WhatsApp has also published an explainer that highlights how the demand for message traceability, without explicitly naming the Indian government, violates human rights. The IT Rules, 2021 were introduced by the Central Government of India to govern social media intermediaries and digital media platforms. These rules stem from section 87 of the Information Technology Act, 2000, and aim to place obligations on intermediaries to ensure an open, safe, and trusted internet in India. The rules require intermediaries, like WhatsApp, to inform users of platform rules, prevent prohibited content, appoint compliance officers, establish grievance redressal mechanisms, and identify the originators of information. However, critics argue that these rules could potentially infringe on free speech by imposing restrictions on content removal, lack clarity on the definition of intermediaries, and raise issues regarding the calculation of user numbers. Organizations like the Internet Freedom Foundation (IFF) have also raised concerns that the rules significantly undermine privacy rights in the country and interfere with the right to freedom of speech and expression. Via The Times of India
  8. You can get rechargeable lithium packs that fit into duel AA slots. My official Xbox controllers all have them. They come in at the same size as 2 AA together so just fit snugly in and you can pop the backplate on. They come with a cut out backplate with 2 pins exposed that can then also be charged on a dock by simply dropping them on. Or you can plug cable in to charge over night. If for some reason one of these packs does not have charge i can resort to real AA's until one is charged. I have yet to face any situation where i could not play as a resort to battery power because of this. Its a win win and the best solution and way to go about providing power imo. You will never face a situation where your only option is to just charge the controller you forgot to. Also you will never have a situation that the controller is dead because the battery pack went bad. That sounds cool. I already got the DualSense gamepad for my PC and cloud gaming, when it cost like 40€ last year. It's worked really well for me, though I seldom get to use the controller's advanced features.
  9. So instead of reinvesting into google, they lay people off and buy back stocks. Dumb move for short term gains
  10. Higher wouldn't surprise me if it's got a beefy GPU like they say. The reason they've kep the CU counts on the iGPU low all this time was because of space/cost and the hit to power/thermals IMO.
  11. Yep just looked this is the type of battery pack i like to see in all controllers (have them on official xbox one also), simple, cheap, can replace, can use AA if for some reason i need to in a pinch. Its an all around winner.
  12. Astrolab FLEX lunar/Mars rover is the base of the crewed Lunar Terrain Vehicle, designed for Starship HLV. Just got a $1.9 billion NASA development contract. And it has a BIG robotic arm
  13. You can get rechargeable lithium packs that fit into duel AA slots. My official Xbox controllers all have them. They come in at the same size as 2 AA together so just fit snugly in and you can pop the backplate on. They come with a cut out backplate with 2 pins exposed that can then also be charged on a dock by simply dropping them on. Or you can plug cable in to charge over night. If for some reason one of these packs does not have charge i can resort to real AA's until one is charged. I have yet to face any situation where i could not play as a resort to battery power because of this. Its a win win and the best solution and way to go about providing power imo. You will never face a situation where your only option is to just charge the controller you forgot to. Also you will never have a situation that the controller is dead because the battery pack went bad.
  14. Will they finally support true Bluetooth Multipoint like my JayBird X3s and TOZO Golden X1s? Without that, not worth even considering at all...
  15. FTC accuses Jeff Bezos, Andy Jessy and others of deleting chats amid antitrust investigation by Karthik Mudaliar The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has accused top Amazon executives, including founder Jeff Bezos and CEO Andy Jassy, of destroying text messages discussing business matters amid the agency's antitrust probe against the company. The FTC alleges that between April 2019 and May 2022, Bezos and Jassy, among other Amazon executives communicated using Signal, which has a feature that deletes messages, thereby erasing evidence the FTC could have used in its antitrust case against Amazon. The use of encrypted messaging platforms like Signal for business communications can complicate regulatory investigations as messages can be set to self-destruct, which could make it more challenging for authorities to access crucial evidence. The FTC claims that Amazon failed to preserve these documents, which it was required to do as part of the ongoing antitrust investigation. In September 2023, the FTC filed an antitrust lawsuit against Amazon, accusing the company of operating an illegal monopoly and using anticompetitive practices to keep competitors from gaining a foothold in the digital retail market. These strategies apparently included punishing sellers that offer lower prices away from Amazon and aggressively pushing them to obtain Prime status for their goods, which makes it substantially more expensive for sellers to also offer their products on other platforms. In December 2023, Amazon asked the court to dismiss the FTC's lawsuit, arguing the agency "confused common retail practices with anticompetitive conduct." The FTC then asked the court to reject Amazon's request stating that it has laid out how Amazon is a monopolist and has explained how the company unlawfully maintains its monopoly power. A U.S. federal judge has set an October 2026 trial date for the FTC's antitrust lawsuit against Amazon. Both the FTC and Amazon are currently debating the schedule, scope, and rationale of the case. You can read the lawsuit details here. Via Bloomberg (paywall)
  16. You mean the SN30Pro they gimped so it can only be used with xCloud?
  17. Xbox controller should come with a Lithium battery, BUT in a play and charge kit. That way you get the option.
  18. My SN30Pro+ came with what looks like a play-and-charge kit, and it sure looks like I can put AAs into it. Never did, but it's there. Shame 8Bitdo removed this
  19. Oh, it's Ubuntu's 20th anniversary!! And it wasn't mentioned in the article?! Also damn I'm getting old.
  20. Android 15 could offer you the option to force dark mode on stubborn apps by Sagar Naresh While Android 15 is still in its early beta, many new features have already been spotted that may come in the stable version. Recently, some strings of code suggested that Android 15 could bring a feature that will automatically turn off your phone's screen when not in use, a nifty privacy feature. In a new APK teardown, Mishaal Rahman (via Android Authority) shares a glimpse of a hidden feature that would let you force dark mode on all apps on your phone, even if they don't support dark mode natively. Dark mode is a very popular feature nowadays, and since it offers a more comfortable viewing experience, most people switch to dark mode as soon as they get a new phone. The dark mode also helps to conserve battery life. Unfortunately, not all apps support dark mode. The solution to this was a setting called 'override force-dark' which is located in the Developer Options. There was a limitation to this feature. Although it could apply dark mode to the app, the result wasn't pleasant, and often it could make the text within the app unreadable. As spotted by Mishaal, the hidden 'make all apps dark' toggle under Settings > Accessibility > Color and Motion works better than the 'override force-dark' developer options, which have been there since Android 10. On switching on the toggle, Mishaal found that the 'make all apps dark' toggle works great, and doesn't mess up text or images, working similarly to the 'override force-dark' option, but with improved application thanks to under-the-hood algorithm changes. Moreover, since the feature is found under Accessibility in the Settings menu, it isn't hidden from users. As seen in the screenshots, although there is room for improvement for the 'make all apps dark' feature, as it still reduces the contrast of certain buttons, the output is much better than the 'override force-dark' option. Gallery: Make all apps dark Android 15 The feature is still not available in the Android 15 beta update, but it is speculated that it will arrive with the next beta update, which is scheduled to be released during Google I/O 2024 next month.
  21. No, we should not be justifying their actions of pure greed. Home version is also a paid one therefore no need for ads in it. I am getting really tired of this ads everywhere bulls**t.
  1. Load more activity