All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. HoochieMamma

Sega announces Game Gear Micro handheld retro consoles

Super cute, but they really have to calm down on the price.
  3. Sega announces Game Gear Micro handheld retro consoles by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe In celebration of its 60th anniversary, Sega today announced a new line of retro miniature consoles modeled after its Game Gear handheld console from the early 90s. Compared to the original, the Micro has been shrunk down to less than 40% of its size, coming in at 80mm in width, 43 mm in height, and 20mm in thickness. The tiny handheld touts four color variants, but instead of simply being a cosmetic change, each one will arrive pre-loaded with four different games for fans to collect: Black Sonic the Hedgehog Puyo Puyo Tsu Out run Royal Stone Blue Baku Baku Animal Gunstar Heroes Sonic & Tails Sylvan Tale Yellow Nazo Puyo: Arle no Roux Shining Force Shining Force II Shining Force: Final Conflict Red Columns The G.G. Shinobi Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible Special The variants will be available for purchase separately for 4,980 yen (~$45) each as well as in a bundle that will include the entire four-color set for 29,980 yen (~$250). However, Sega also throws in a Micro version of its Big Window accessory for free when purchasing the latter bundle, letting nostalgic fans magnify the screen just like on the original console. The Game Gear Micro pre-orders are now open in Japan with an October 6 release date. A western release has not been announced yet. This isn't the company's first foray into the miniature console department, the iconic Sega Genesis Mini arrived last year with 40 preloaded games. Via Gematsu
  4. Normally I'd agree but there's the first war of the worlds radio broadcast that proves people will believe the dumbest ######. On the other hand if there was no censorship, more of the more outlandish statements would start circulating and people might actually realize twitter is not a reliable source of anything else other than other people's opinions.
  5. HoochieMamma

Google's upcoming 'Sabrina' Android TV dongle leaks

If this does 4K then it will be great.
  6. NotsoTechy

PC no post, no display, no beep, fans spinning

Thanks to the replies though, I appreciate it.
  7. Lol why do they even make these? Especially with the garbage SoC from 2013 that is the only option? It makes the watch almost unusably slow.
  8. Today
  9. DKAngel

my mb beeps when thwere is no ram, actually it beeps alot
  10. Gaia-X, Europe's competitor to Silicon Valley's cloud computing offerings, takes shape by Ather Fawaz Image via CompuVision A group of 22 German and French companies are aiming to set up a legal entity to run the Gaia-X cloud computing platform. The entity will be registered as a non-profit firm under Belgian law, according to a status update picked up by Reuters. The German and French Economy Ministers, Peter Altmaier and Bruno Le Maire, respectively, will brief reporters on progress on the initiative on Thursday, June 4. With a targeted launch for early 2021, the Gaia-X cloud computing platform is Europe's bid to break its reliance on Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and the Google Cloud Platform. Germany and France have brought up the topic of sovereignty and security when their data is hosted remotely on the cloud servers hosted by Silicon Valley giants. Gaia-X will employ AI-based software and analytics while providing a cloud computing platform that is in line with the security interests of the European Union. BP Delivery's public briefing encapsulates Gaia-X's raison d'etre: The global public cloud computing market is currently dominated by Amazon Web Services (47,8%), followed by Microsoft Azure (15,5%), Alibaba (7,7%), Google (4%) and IBM (1,8%). None of these players are European. Geopolitical tensions and trade wars, however, are making European politicians and companies cautious about storing data in the cloud on American or Chinese servers. To come to a more secure Cloud environment that is full European and in line with the Digital Single Market strategy from the European Commission, the project GAIA-X was masterminded in Germany, with Minister Peter Altmeier as the frontrunner in the initiative. More than 100 companies and research institutions from 17 countries are currently involved in the initiative. Some of the prominent names include SAP, Deutsche Telekom, Siemens and Bosch of Germany and France’s Atos. Source: Reuters
  11. Swiss watchmaker Hublot announces a luxurious $5,200 Wear OS smartwatch by Rajesh Pandey Despite multiple promises and Fitbit's acquisition, Google has not really done much with Wear OS. All smartwatches based on Wear OS released so far suffer from a myriad of issues including performance and battery life. If the entire Wear OS experience is not a big enough deterrent and you crave for a premium experience, luxury Swiss watchmaker Hublot has announced a $5,000 smartwatch running Wear OS -- the Big Bang e. The watch is available in two variants: titanium and ceramic. The former costs $5,200 while the ceramic model is available for $5,800. The case itself is cut in "sandwich" construction which was invented by Hublot in 2005. The highlight of the Big Bang e is not that it is running Wear OS but its hardware. Apart from titanium or ceramic build, the OLED display of the 42mm watch is protected by sapphire crystal which means it is incredibly resistant to scratches. There's also a rotary crown that can be used to navigate around the UI. The watch is rated 3ATM for water resistance and the hour numerals are metallized for that truly luxurious experience. Internally, the Big Bang e packs run of the mill components for a Wear OS smartwatch which includes a Snapdragon Wear 3100 chipset, 1GB RAM, 8GB of storage, and 300mAh battery that is rated to last only for a day of use. Notably, the wearable lacks both GPS and NFC which could be a deal-breaker for many. The Hublot Big Bang e will be available in the US, Europe, the UK, and China whenever it launches later this year. You can sign up to be notified about the availability of the watch here.
  12. NotsoTechy

Well i guess It gave up on me, but would you recommend if I try a different PSU to test on my board?
  13. In troubled areas, that might actually go towards helping with relations... Especially if the cops are given better training in their communications skills.
  14. Misinformation is misinformation; you do not decide that for yourself.
  15. Because for Twitter, Trump is the goose that lays the golden eggs.
  16. When there's no beep and the fans are spinning it's usually the MB. Could be the PSU but in most case it's the MB.
  17. Mindovermaster

Did I say that? Dam... Guess that's what you get when you're tired... My head is swimming right now. Damn you, allergies....
  18. O&O ShutUp10 1.8.1411 Build 240 by Razvan Serea O&O ShutUp10 a small portable utility that provides access to almost 50 privacy-related tweaks, most of them hidden or not easily accessible to the average computer users. Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated. Using ShutUp10 you can easily disable Windows Defender, turn off telemetry, disable peer-to-peer updates, turn off Wi-Fi Sense, disable automatic Windows updates, turn off and reset Cortana and more. ShutUp10 allows you to create a System Restore point before you apply any changes, so that you can revert your system at any time if you run into problems. O&O ShutUp10 is entirely free and does not have to be installed – it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC. And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days! O&O ShutUp10 1.8.1411 Build 240 changelog: NEW: Disable app access to motion on this device NEW: Disable app access to movements for current user NEW: Disable app access to phone calls on this device NEW: Disable app access to phone calls for current user NEW: Disable app access to radios on this device NEW: Disable app access to radios for current user NEW: Disable app access to unpaired devices on this device NEW: Disable app access to unpaired devices for current user NEW: Disable app access to device location on this device NEW: Disable app access to device location for current user NEW: Disable app access to unpaired devices on this device NEW: Disable app access to unpaired devices for current user NEW: Disable app access to eye tracking on this device NEW: Disable app access to eye tracking for current user NEW: Disable app access to use voice activation for current user NEW: Disable app access to use voice activation when device is locked for current user FIX: Disable app access to your location FIX: Disable app access to wireless connections FIX: Disable app access to loosely coupled devices FIX: Saving the language settings was not performed correctly in some cases Available in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Chinese (simplified) Download: O&O ShutUp10 1.8.1411 | 1.2 MB (Freeware) View: O&O ShutUp10 Home Page Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  19. Mindovermaster

How can it POST with no video? BIOS loads, yes, but first thing it checks is the RAM, if it sees none, it should beep constantly. Why the beeping doesn't work for him? No idea. Either his speaker is bad, or his board is a brick.
  20. Jim K

You sure about that? I said "It requires a CPU with an integrated GPU which the Ryzen 1400 doesn't have." Why would you say a "CPU with an APU"? That makes zero sense. /fin My best guess. You've tried the clear CMOS route (by removing the battery), you aren't getting any beeps regardless of configuration ... so it is either the motherboard or PSU in my opinion. If one of them are still under warranty...I would RMA. If you have an extra PSU laying around (or could borrow one) you could try it ... though I'm inclined to believe your motherboard went to silicon heaven. Obviously, I wouldn't take my word for it as others here may offer additional suggestions which may help solve your issue.
  21. hi there - good day dear friends, found a solution - this i want to share with you... cf https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51990613/getting-a-list-of-all-plugins There is a plugin API which we can query for plugins like this: $api = plugins_api( 'query_plugins', $args ); developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/plugins_api – we can make use of plugins_api('hot_tags'), array('page' => 90000000000, 'number' => 90000000000). It returns some plugins but not all. we can go this way: $api = plugins_api( 'query_plugins', [ 'per_page' => - // get the current "page", or if the option not exists, set page to 1. $page = get_option( 'plugins_page' ) ? (int)get_option( 'plugins_page' ) : 1; // get the plugin objects $plugins = plugins_api( 'query_plugins', [ 'per_page' => 100, 'page' => $page, 'fields' => [ //......... ] ] ); // increment the page, or when no results, reset to 1. update_option( 'plugins_page', count( $plugins ) > 0 ? ++ $page : 1 ); // build up the data array $newData = []; foreach ( $plugins as $plugin ) { foreach ( $plugin as $key => $p ) { if ( $p->name != null ) { $newData[ $p->name ] = [ 'slug' => $p->slug ]; } } } // get plugin data already in file. // The last argument (true) is important. It makes json objects into // associative arrays so they can be merged with array_merge. $existingData = json_decode( file_get_contents( 'plugins.json' ), true ); // merge existing data with new data $pluginData = array_merge( $existingData, $newData ); file_put_contents( 'plugins.json', json_encode( $pluginData ) ); Getting a list of plugins: This will not return ALL plugins but it will return the top rated ones: $plugins = plugins_api('query_plugins', array( 'per_page' => 100, 'browse' => 'top-rated', 'fields' => array( 'short_description' => false, 'description' => false, 'sections' => false, 'tested' => false, 'requires' => false, 'rating' => false, 'ratings' => false, 'downloaded' => false, 'downloadlink' => false, 'last_updated' => false, 'added' => false, 'tags' => false, 'compatibility' => false, 'homepage' => false, 'versions' => false, 'donate_link' => false, 'reviews' => false, 'banners' => false, 'icons' => false, 'active_installs' => false, 'group' => false, 'contributors' => false ))); we can save the data as JSON Since the data that we get is huge and it will be bad for performance, we can try to get the name and the slug out of the array and then we write it in a JSON file: $plugins_json = '{' . PHP_EOL; // Get only the name and the slug foreach ($plugins as $plugin) { foreach ($plugin as $key => $p) { if ($p->name != null) { // Let's beautify the JSON $plugins_json .= ' "'. $p->name . '": {' . PHP_EOL; $plugins_json .= ' "slug": "' . $p->slug . '"' . PHP_EOL; end($plugin); $plugins_json .= ($key !== key($plugin)) ? ' },' . PHP_EOL : ' }' . PHP_EOL; } } } $plugins_json .= '}'; file_put_contents('plugins.json', $plugins_json); Now we have a slim JSON file with only the data that we need. To keep updating the JSON file, we run that script to create a JSON file every 24 hours by setting up a Cron Job. just wanted to share this with you have a great day... 😉
  22. NotsoTechy

I am not getting any beeps at all, and the fans are all spinning, is it really the motherboard? How do I know if the motherboard is dead or faulty? The 1 in is connected through a molex pin, the other exhaust fan is connected in the board and the other is through a molex pin
  23. Mindovermaster

Actually, you don't say "A CPU with a GPU" So, "A CPU with an APU" is the correct term. I'm not trying to be annoying, I'm just correcting you on terminology.
  24. Mindovermaster

With the Stealth cooler, it shouldn't touch your RAM slots... Well, with no RAM, your board doesn't even get past POST. So, no, there wouldn't be any beeps. Saying you have 3 fans, how are they connected? there's only 2 headers on your board. (nothing to do with this, just curious)
  25. Jim K

Actually, an APU is a CPU with integrated graphics....right? Your petty "corrections" get annoying FYI. ...and you aren't getting any beeps regardless of the configuration ... with everything plugged in? Basically, you're getting fans spinning but no beeps or anything else? I believe that motherboard has a three year warranty. Have you passed the three years yet? If it is still under warranty, I would RMA the board. I
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?