All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. T-Mobile all set to acquire Mint Mobile and Ultra Mobile following FCC approval by Karthik Mudaliar The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has approved T-Mobile's acquisition of Ka'ena Corp, the owner of budget mobile service providers Mint Mobile and Ultra Mobile, for up to $1.35 billion. The FCC's approval is contingent on T-Mobile implementing a 60-day device unlocking policy for all Mint Mobile and Ultra Mobile devices activated on the T-Mobile network, both before and after the closing of the deal. This is expected to simplify the process for Mint Mobile and Ultra Mobile customers who wish to switch their service providers. T-Mobile's CEO, Mike Sievert, expressed excitement about welcoming Mint and Ultra Mobile to the family, during an earnings call on Thursday: "I am so happy to report that we have received regulatory approval to acquire Mint and Ultra Mobile. We are really looking forward to welcoming them to the 'uncarrier' family. And I know they are going to fit in because they are hyper-focused on offering customers compelling products at a great value." With this acquisition, T-Mobile is set to expand its market share in the competitive telecom industry and gain access to a larger segment of the pay-as-you-go customer demographic. T-Mobile is also looking to benefit from Mint Mobile's successful direct-to-customer business model and even its marketing expertise which often features the involvement of celebrity co-owner Ryan Reynolds, amidst intensifying competition from rivals like Verizon and AT&T. The deal, which is valued at up to $1.35 billion will have the final purchase price to be determined by Ka'ena's performance during certain periods before and after the closing of the transaction. The agreement consists of 39% cash and 61% stock. Mint Mobile's unique marketing tactics, such as the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic response where Ryan Reynolds left a voicemail for customers informing them of unlimited free data, have contributed to the brand's growing popularity and appeal among consumers seeking more affordable mobile service options. Ryan Reynolds will continue to play a creative role for the brand. After receiving regulatory approval from the FCC, T-Mobile anticipates closing the acquisition on May 1. Via Reuters
  3. Well I was really just talking about the principal of net neutrality itself, not the method of bringing it about. At this point the country is such a disgrace that I was just trying to enjoy a positive development for a change, however small it may be. I better not study it too much though because there's probably some ugliness bundled in with this as well.
  4. Hopefully the EU will start fining Apple into oblivion. Then do the same thing with Google, Microsoft, etc. whenever they pull things like this.
  5. Today
  6. As a casual gamer with only couple AA battery devices left at home I much prefer the lithium battery that's charged inside the device through USB-C port. If battery dies during gaming, I can just plug in a charger or powerbank. The lithium battery should however be easily changeable, so the device doesn't become e-waste as the original battery degrades. Sadly that's not the often case nowadays.
  7. Except for CPU bit (8, 16, 32, 64) there has never been ANY notion of "PC gaming generations" -- at least in the last 35 years. ... and you can bet your dollars that Intel (and arguably Nvidia and AMD) are preparing their marketing efforts towards an AI-powered gaming generation, to borrow your image. As for the gaming console wars (which has been continuously raging for 35+ years), it's a niche war that will continue no matter the naysayers over the years -- and there have been plenty! "The last gaming console you'll ever buy" was part of the marketing buzz since the Xbox 360 (+ Kinect bundle) nearly 20 years ago!! You can bet your top dollar that high-end consoles and peripherals will be making a major comeback in the next 3-5 years (perhaps "skipping" the impending generational release this year) with AR/VR-based FPS and RPGs. Games like Metal Gear Solid in an AR/VR environment with surround-sound would be a best-seller... if only gaming engines evolved more to support AAAA-caliber frame rates on headset hardware specs. That'll launch another generational change: whichever AR/VR headset-compatible console AND "NEURAL" GRAPHICS ENGINES can get top-tier release will become king for a new era. (Mark my words...)
  8. Mindovermaster

Acronyms....

Underwear never disappears or undoubtedly breaks the economy. Did learn, you?
  9. wow how generous of them... for the first time...
  10. actually it would not be better Better would be for congress to get off their ass and make a freaking law, and stop playing games with the FCC, depending on who gets elected They are supposed to ENFORCE laws, not make their own crap up
  11. gft77

Tesla Cybertruck

The Myth of Elon Musk: Busted
  12. Mindovermaster

The official Funny Pictures thread

Now THAT is funny..
  13. Yesterday
  14. There are far more pressing things to clean up over the next 4 years than revert this back. InB4 craigslist puts personals back lol
  15. If they don't have anything to talk about then why spend the money on it? They gave us their roadmap for this year, I expect it to be back next year.
  16. I was speaking about console generations as far as compatibility goes. There is no more "generation" like before where each one had a clear split from the others. It's all the same going forward, like with PC gaming. There's no notion of PC gaming generations for example.
  17. That a **t load of users. I for once use it more than Twitter these days. Lots of the content I actually want to follow such as artists, music etc. The only reason I still open the Twitter app once a week is because of some companies that I follow for customer support etc are still there and some devs.
  18. Mojang adds extra render distance, new social hub, and more to Minecraft Realms Plus by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe The Realms Plus server hosting subscription service that Mojang offers for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition just added three more perks for members to enjoy. The service already offers 11-player servers to enjoy with friends, cross-platform play, and a monthly selection of Marketplace content. Now, a hub for keeping track of everyone's adventures, a render distance upgrade, and more bonus items are here too. Dubbed Realm Stories, the social hub's main feed offers a place for all players to share screenshots from the server, discuss activities, and even show off major events like diamond mining, finding mineshafts, and defeating the Ender Dragon for everyone to see. Next, the Timeline tab offers a quick look at when each player is usually online in a given day, making it easier to host larger play sessions with more members. Third and final tab of Realm Stories, Members, is the fastest way to find who is online currently, their membership status on the Minecraft server, and even sort by most recent online players. iOS and Android players will have to wait a little while longer to get this Realm Stories feature though, as it's still in development for the mobile platforms. Mojang is also enabling Realms Plus server holders to have better render distances in their worlds. "All servers now have eight extra chunks render distance, which means you can spot danger, opportunity, or an escape route from further away – 20 chunks to be exact," says the announcement today. Keep in mind that despite the server providing the data, the visible distance can still vary due to the platform each player is using. The final feature being added to Realms Plus is access to new Character Creator items. Much like Marketplace items, these will drop each month for membership holders, and once claimed, they can be used forever. "Whether you want to match that ice cream fort of yours, intimidate the inhabitants of a new survival spawn, or blend in with your surroundings – your wardrobe collection is about to grow," Mojang adds. Minecraft Realms Plus for Bedrock Edition costs $7.99 per month for its server hosting services plus the brand-new additions announced today. Mojang also offers a $3.99 per month standard Realms subscription that offers servers with three player slots, but lacks other perks.
  19. I agree with you on the first part, but completely disagree with you on the second. Anyone CAN in fact do any of those things (at least here in the US). Whether or not they are successful at it is another point entirely. Net Neutrality also makes sure that those startups have access to the Internet in the same fashion as the originals did.
  20. You can’t function in society today without Internet. It has become an essential service. It needs protecting.
  21. The interface is easy but totally different to Windows and there is an app called Software or Ubuntu Software (not sure now) that contains most of the programs you want, it's like the Microsoft store or Mac App Store.
  22. Latest Non-LTS to LTS upgrade is offered right away whereas LTS to LTS upgrade is offered later when Ubuntu 24.04.1 comes out around August when more bugs are fixed.
  23. I'm going to give Ubuntu a shot again, 20 years after I first tried it. However the article here really goes into some VERY technical mumbo-jumbo that even as a fairly tech savi user, I have no idea about. I think I'm glad Ubuntu is a bit rusty, and that you can nest KVM in ppc64el, and of course that we can profile CPU's without the fear of retribution. Actually, no, I don't care about that. Is the interface easy to navigate? Does it have an easy way to install programs without using the command line or having to install several dependencies before it works? Does it run well and remove barriers that Linux traditionally has had for standard users?
  24. Poor little microsoft, no wonder they're doing everything they can to squeeze more cash out of Windows with adware around every corner, this is clearly not enough income...
  1. Load more activity