All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ya, just from the few posts here so far and half of them had the Edge get messed up! Way to go MS with your auto updating everything so automatically! Luckily I hadn't been on this machine in a while and even though I just had my Edge get updated, I'm still on the previous version to this update! While it downloads the update, you actually have to restart it for it to update, if it's open. Otherwise it won't just update on it's own. I always get a notification to restart to update on Canary. Apparently the Dev version doesn't work that way as my version gets updated upon opening. Never been told to restart. Some how missed this update on this machine also, which I'm usually on about every other day. Edit: just got updated to 76.0.167.1 on my Dev Edge. Started up just fine and working great. Edited 36 minutes after posting this reply. The canary channel gives me a circular icon where settings are. If they continue with just that, that's awesome. It would indicate an update but not be so intrusive trying to get my attention. I have Edge canary, Chrome, Firefox and Tor browser. Edge is beating them all at this point in time.
  3. check fire. I just got the Version 76.0.169.0 Canary channel. I didn't think I'd like it. well, guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. This thing runs much faster than Google Chrome.
  4. Copernic

CPU-Z 1.89

CPU-Z 1.89 by Razvan Serea CPU-Z is a freeware utility that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system. CPU-Z does not need to be installed, just unzip the files in a directory and run the .exe. In order to remove the program, just delete the files. The program does not copy any file in any Windows directory, nor write to the registry. CPU Name and number. Core stepping and process. Package. Core voltage. Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier. Supported instructions sets. All cache levels (location, size, speed, technology). Mainboard Vendor, model and revision. BIOS model and date. Chipset (northbridge and southbridge) and sensor. Graphic interface. Memory Frequency and timings. Module(s) specification using SPD (Serial Presence Detect) : vendor, serial number, timings table. System Windows and DirectX version. CPU-Z 1.89 changelog: Zhaoxin KX-5000 and KX-6000 processors families support AMD APU Ryzen Picasso detection fix Intel 9400F, 9600KF, 9700KF and 9900KF and 9th gen R0 stepping AMD APU Ryzen Picasso preliminary support DDR4 SDRAM chips manufacturer AMD Radeon VII (Vega 20) NVIDIA GTX 1660 and 1660 Ti Download: CPU-Z 1.89 | 2.7 MB (Freeware) View: CPU-Z Website Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  5. Today
  6. DocM

SpaceX Updates  (Thread 9)

Excellent question. We won't know until the report comes out if a fraudulent part caused the accident, but in the criminal charges doc it did say some of those parts ended up in the Crew Dragon DM-1 and DM-2 capsules.
  7. I just came to the realization that with this build, the flash drive creation part of the Media Creation Tool is utterly pointless. You can't actually USE the resulting flash drive to upgrade a computer. Yeah, you can use it for a clean install, but otherwise what's the point? You can copy the contents to a folder and upgrade. But yeah, good point. Ironically, burning a DVD is actually preferable to making a flash drive for this build. Way to go BACKWARDS Microsoft!!! But how would that work on most modern machines, even if there is a optical drive installed? My Blue-ray writer only work in legacy mode from the bios. i suppose it will work ok if you don't boot from the DVD drive and just use it to store the update on for updating and not a clean install. I may try that, just to see, easy enough to my computer back to it original state as i have image back up and i am having a lazy day today as I don't feel 100%. Yeah, I meant for doing an upgrade, a DVD would be preferable. For doing a clean install, USB flash drives work fine. Takes a long time on DVD. Then mount the iso for an upgrade.
  8. I just came to the realization that with this build, the flash drive creation part of the Media Creation Tool is utterly pointless. You can't actually USE the resulting flash drive to upgrade a computer. Yeah, you can use it for a clean install, but otherwise what's the point? You can copy the contents to a folder and upgrade. But yeah, good point. Ironically, burning a DVD is actually preferable to making a flash drive for this build. Way to go BACKWARDS Microsoft!!! But how would that work on most modern machines, even if there is a optical drive installed? My Blue-ray writer only work in legacy mode from the bios. i suppose it will work ok if you don't boot from the DVD drive and just use it to store the update on for updating and not a clean install. I may try that, just to see, easy enough to my computer back to it original state as i have image back up and i am having a lazy day today as I don't feel 100%. Yeah, I meant for doing an upgrade, a DVD would be preferable. For doing a clean install, USB flash drives work fine. Takes a long time on DVD.
  9. I just came to the realization that with this build, the flash drive creation part of the Media Creation Tool is utterly pointless. You can't actually USE the resulting flash drive to upgrade a computer. Yeah, you can use it for a clean install, but otherwise what's the point? LOL, oh dear, what is wrong with that company? i wonder how they hell they got so big. oh yes, the new update also do not like additional internal drives either. Yeah, maybe that's the reason it failed on my machine, it does have two hard drives. Absolutely idiotic that they have allowed this bug to make it into production. I guess I'll try disconnecting the second internal drive as well to see if it works. It installed on mine, but using the DVD drive, it took a couple of hours, I let it carry on as i was doing the gardening. It did not seem to care about the internal drives, which is strange. i have gone back to the previous version as i found the latest version was a bit sluggish, my browser scrolling seemed to be jerky and my video editor just kept freezing when scrubbing. I heard there is a raw photo extension available for windows 10, but it will only work int he may update, what a stupid idea that is? I am pretty sure the only reason for that is to get people to update, typical Microsoft. Still up to their dirty tricks.
  10. Kinda like the reportedly articles from last year that there would be three iPhones without home buttons coming? I’d believe them removing the 3D touch hardware. They already did with the XR and it’s a top seller.
  11. Get your Excel out of my Visual Studio: tweaked VS Code icons now in preview by Florin Bodnarescu Image via VS Code (GitHub) Folks who use Visual Studio Code, Microsoft's free cross-platform IDE announced back in 2015, should start seeing a new set of icons for both Insider and Stable builds. As those who've used the IDE may know, this is not the first time Code has received an icon overhaul, with version 1.17 from September of 2017 bringing the first refreshed icon set. The Stable version's colour was changed to orange - prompting comparisons to Sublime -, while Insiders got a slightly lighter shade of green. The change wasn't met in a very positively received, so the colour of the Stable build icons was changed back to blue. You can see a selection of past, current, and future icons below: After the introduction of the new Visual Studio 2019 icon and the IDE's subsequent release, as well as the newly redesigned Office icons, Code's icon was due for another redesign. Following the first round of proposed refreshes, there were complaints that the Insider icon wasn't distinguishable enough from regular Visual Studio or indeed the Stable variant. Furthermore, the previous Insider icon drew comparisons to Excel, in no small part due to its similar shade of green and spacing from the rightmost element. With all of the above addressed, it's worth talking about another variant of Visual Studio Code, which is VS Code Exploration. This is similar to the Insider build in that it's ahead of the public one, though this is focused on implementing newer versions of Electron - the framework on which Code is based. The current Exploration builds retain the same shade of orange debuted by the redesigned icons in September 2017, though the ribbon element on the right employs a zig-zag pattern instead of being filled in, like the other two. This one is also due for an update. The reworked icons (seen above) will be the same across platforms, eliminating the differentiated look of previous iterations, and should be available to Insiders right now, with Stable builds getting them in early June. This is the latest in a series of updates that Microsoft has been rolling out in an effort to unify its iconography across services. Your Phone Companion got its new icon last weekend, with the Microsoft Launcher recently unveiling a slightly redesigned logo, and even Access having its icon finally reworked. Source: VS Code (GitHub) via Thurrott.com
  12. adrynalyne

Human Resources at The Work Place

They are...to a point such as employee to employee conflict. HR is never impartial and unbiased though.
  13. spacelordmaster

So wthat's the point in telling the employees that HR is there for them if the truly are not?
  14. adrynalyne

Most obvious answer? They don’t work for the employees, nor do the employees sign their paychecks.
  15. Matthew S.

You could actually say the same things about unions too especially if their in bed with said company/
  16. spacelordmaster

This is a question for someone here that may work at HR at a company. You can answer anonymously if you like. How come HR is never on the employees side as they are supposed to be?
  17. Tost

Hi!

Hi from Silesia, Poland 🖖
  18. Google should be paying me to carry around their spy device!
  19. Where Google's phones lose IMHO: no video out via cable (wireless casting doesn't even come close in FPS or quality) for e.g. video calls, no notification LED (I hate Always on Display), still USB 2.0 after paying $479, and stock Android is horrendous at usability - Android OEMs make it more usable and friendly. They're great camera phones, but very very poor showing overall.
  20. I’d ask you to elaborate, but we already know you hit and quit threads so I won’t. Basically they don't need the SD Association's permission to be able to equip their phones with SD card slots. The association, much like the USB Implementers Forum or the Wireless Power Consortium just standardizes the technology to prevent fragmentation. They can just call it something else and make all existing SD storage compatible. Source that this falls under FRAND? If they are claiming this power to ban, it sounds like it isn’t under it. Nowhere does it say Huawei was banned from providing SD expansion in their phones, which this association doesn't have the power to any way. They were just removed from their list of contributors which means they no longer have a say in how the standard evolves in the future. Huawei actually has their own standard which is faster than SD, so this has zero effect on them. I’m not gonna lie, I’ve not investigated past the article here, but yeah, it does say they are banned from doing so. Huawei being removed from the list, the company can no longer support this kind of external storage in its devices. That's not the best wording but it still doesn't mean they are banned from equipping their phones with expansion slots. Like I said in my parent comment, they can just call it anything else and make it compatible with all existing SD storage solutions. Well again, source? I’m not saying you are wrong because we all know blogs like to parrot each other, but a whole bunch are saying otherwise. This engadget article words it much better: https://www.engadget.com/2019/.../huawei-sd-association-ban/ From the first para "The change in status means that Huawei will no longer be able to offer products using official SDA branding and will exclude the company from being involved in setting standards going forward." As for why this has zero effect on Huawei, here you go: https://www.theverge.com/circu...osd-replacement-mate-20-pro
  21. If enough other countries do this, canada will do it soon enough
  22. I’d ask you to elaborate, but we already know you hit and quit threads so I won’t. Basically they don't need the SD Association's permission to be able to equip their phones with SD card slots. The association, much like the USB Implementers Forum or the Wireless Power Consortium just standardizes the technology to prevent fragmentation. They can just call it something else and make all existing SD storage compatible. Source that this falls under FRAND? If they are claiming this power to ban, it sounds like it isn’t under it. Nowhere does it say Huawei was banned from providing SD expansion in their phones, which this association doesn't have the power to any way. They were just removed from their list of contributors which means they no longer have a say in how the standard evolves in the future. Huawei actually has their own standard which is faster than SD, so this has zero effect on them. I’m not gonna lie, I’ve not investigated past the article here, but yeah, it does say they are banned from doing so. Huawei being removed from the list, the company can no longer support this kind of external storage in its devices. That's not the best wording but it still doesn't mean they are banned from equipping their phones with expansion slots. Like I said in my parent comment, they can just call it anything else and make it compatible with all existing SD storage solutions. Well again, source? I’m not saying you are wrong because we all know blogs like to parrot each other, but a whole bunch are saying otherwise.
  23. i hate stories like this...... keyword people - "reportedly" so in other words, we dont have a clue. Also a A999 chip was shoved in which can make milk shakes.
  24. I’d ask you to elaborate, but we already know you hit and quit threads so I won’t. Basically they don't need the SD Association's permission to be able to equip their phones with SD card slots. The association, much like the USB Implementers Forum or the Wireless Power Consortium just standardizes the technology to prevent fragmentation. They can just call it something else and make all existing SD storage compatible. Source that this falls under FRAND? If they are claiming this power to ban, it sounds like it isn’t under it. Nowhere does it say Huawei was banned from providing SD expansion in their phones, which this association doesn't have the power to any way. They were just removed from their list of contributors which means they no longer have a say in how the standard evolves in the future. Huawei actually has their own standard which is faster than SD, so this has zero effect on them. I’m not gonna lie, I’ve not investigated past the article here, but yeah, it does say they are banned from doing so. Huawei being removed from the list, the company can no longer support this kind of external storage in its devices. That's not the best wording but it still doesn't mean they are banned from equipping their phones with expansion slots. Like I said in my parent comment, they can just call it anything else and make it compatible with all existing SD storage solutions.
  25. Maybe I am misunderstanding you but if your just trying to upgrade from say 1809 to 1903 using your ISO file just right click the 1903 ISO and mount it and then upgrade by running the setup file. The released ISO won't let that happen as it blocks the upgrade when done with a USB drive. That bug is fixed with the latest cumulative update, the one written about here. Until MS releases a new ISO for general use, only DVD's work to upgrade to 1903. ISOs work fine too. As mentioned, right click and mount it. You can then run setup and upgrade.
  26. my WI-FI driver was down after udate, connected by cable and installed old driver from 2015y
  27. I have looked into small form factor computers for some time now because I have a great fiber connection and would like to reduce my electricity bill. I could see my future "PC" just being a dumb terminal where everything is done on a server. Full loop actually to the old UNIX terminal days, just 4k, 60 FPS streaming Let's say the service costs $30; then it's silly to rent the service versus to buy the original console. Also, is it a convenient service?. Not really because it requires a good internet, something that we usually don't have (using cable) and on mobile (and this later is usually metered). It's also not viable for a wifi spot (where the connection is spotty), and it is only practical at home (and only if we have a good connection, sans to share the Internet), and at home, we have a console. But I actually do have a good 150 Mbit fiber connection, so that wont be an problem for me.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?