All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yep. The article says, "the service has more than 400 million users in India, which also makes the country the largest market for the platform." But they won't break encryption. If they did, it's a slippery slope of other countries making the same demand. And then before you know it, WhatsApp have lost one of their main selling points and their customers will go elsewhere (Telegram, Signal...)
  3. They won't break encryption either. It's easier to leave India, no matter how many users use it. This might be the right time to invest in vpn, even if a small number of people choose to keep using Whatsapp with VPN it is still a large number of people.
  4. Breaking encryption would be the death of the product globally & they know if they comply then they'd have to do the same for literally every other country.
  5. Ooh interesting, i wonder if they'll mention it's aided by AI when they announce it.
  6. They won't break encryption either. It's easier to leave India, no matter how many users use it.
  7. Today
  8. nah, WA will not leave India at any cost. Last I read, India is their #1 country by the number of daily users and even the #2 spot was faaaar behind.
  9. Dick Montage

What was the last TV show you watched?

Baby Reindeer Enjoyed it, well made, but the lead character just became an insufferable ######!
  10. Monkey Man, 7/10. It could've been a 8/10 if they didn't use that annoying Bourne Identify shaky cam for the fights. Otherwise, it was a good revenge story.
  11. George P

What was the last TV show you watched?

Fallout, great show, 9/10 if I had to give it a score. Also watching X-men 97, ep5 and 7 go so hard, 6 was ok overall.
  12. George P

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)

People saying this movie will save the MCU or put it back where it used to be etc. While I expect a fun movie and think some people are expecting too much. One good movie isn't going to put the whole franchise back on track overnight.
  13. Sure, if you look at it as a marketing term, then yeah. But I've always thought of it as a compatibility thing. Until the XSX and PS5 kept the same x86 arch and BC with PS4/XBO games, each new console would mark a clean break from the one before it. Older console cycles were also around the 5 year mark till the 360/PS3 made that 7-8. I think we're going to go back to a shorter, 4-5 year cycle, as far as home consoles go. Though as far as Xbox goes, I expect them to release a handheld device for sure. Maybe selling you a external GPU powered dock for 4k60 on your TV at home as a option.
  14. WhatsApp says it will leave India if forced to break end-to-end encryption by Karthik Mudaliar Photo by Studio Art Smile from Pexels WhatsApp has informed the Delhi High Court that it would cease operations in India if compelled to compromise message encryption during the ongoing case of WhatsApp LLC vs. Union of India. The online messaging platform argues that end-to-end encryption safeguards user privacy by allowing only the sender and recipient to access message content. Tejas Karia, appearing for WhatsApp, told a Division Bench in New Delhi: "As a platform, we are saying, if we are told to break encryption, then WhatsApp goes. There is no such rule anywhere else in the world, not even Brazil. We will have to keep a complete chain and we don't know which messages will be asked to be decrypted. It means millions and millions of messages will have to be stored for a number of years". Karia added that people use WhatsApp for the privacy feature it offers, and the service has more than 400 million users in India, which also makes the country the largest market for the platform. The Meta-owned company challenges the Information Technology Rules of 2021 in India (PDF, via LiveLaw.in), which mandate tracing chats and identifying message originators for security reasons, such as curbing the spread of fake news. WhatsApp says that this weakens encryption and infringes on user privacy rights under the Indian Constitution. Since then, WhatsApp has also published an explainer that highlights how the demand for message traceability, without explicitly naming the Indian government, violates human rights. The IT Rules, 2021 were introduced by the Central Government of India to govern social media intermediaries and digital media platforms. These rules stem from section 87 of the Information Technology Act, 2000, and aim to place obligations on intermediaries to ensure an open, safe, and trusted internet in India. The rules require intermediaries, like WhatsApp, to inform users of platform rules, prevent prohibited content, appoint compliance officers, establish grievance redressal mechanisms, and identify the originators of information. However, critics argue that these rules could potentially infringe on free speech by imposing restrictions on content removal, lack clarity on the definition of intermediaries, and raise issues regarding the calculation of user numbers. Organizations like the Internet Freedom Foundation (IFF) have also raised concerns that the rules significantly undermine privacy rights in the country and interfere with the right to freedom of speech and expression. Via The Times of India
  15. You can get rechargeable lithium packs that fit into duel AA slots. My official Xbox controllers all have them. They come in at the same size as 2 AA together so just fit snugly in and you can pop the backplate on. They come with a cut out backplate with 2 pins exposed that can then also be charged on a dock by simply dropping them on. Or you can plug cable in to charge over night. If for some reason one of these packs does not have charge i can resort to real AA's until one is charged. I have yet to face any situation where i could not play as a resort to battery power because of this. Its a win win and the best solution and way to go about providing power imo. You will never face a situation where your only option is to just charge the controller you forgot to. Also you will never have a situation that the controller is dead because the battery pack went bad. That sounds cool. I already got the DualSense gamepad for my PC and cloud gaming, when it cost like 40€ last year. It's worked really well for me, though I seldom get to use the controller's advanced features.
  16. So instead of reinvesting into google, they lay people off and buy back stocks. Dumb move for short term gains
  17. Higher wouldn't surprise me if it's got a beefy GPU like they say. The reason they've kep the CU counts on the iGPU low all this time was because of space/cost and the hit to power/thermals IMO.
  18. Yep just looked this is the type of battery pack i like to see in all controllers (have them on official xbox one also), simple, cheap, can replace, can use AA if for some reason i need to in a pinch. Its an all around winner.
  19. Astrolab FLEX lunar/Mars rover is the base of the crewed Lunar Terrain Vehicle, designed for Starship HLV. Just got a $1.9 billion NASA development contract. And it has a BIG robotic arm
  20. You can get rechargeable lithium packs that fit into duel AA slots. My official Xbox controllers all have them. They come in at the same size as 2 AA together so just fit snugly in and you can pop the backplate on. They come with a cut out backplate with 2 pins exposed that can then also be charged on a dock by simply dropping them on. Or you can plug cable in to charge over night. If for some reason one of these packs does not have charge i can resort to real AA's until one is charged. I have yet to face any situation where i could not play as a resort to battery power because of this. Its a win win and the best solution and way to go about providing power imo. You will never face a situation where your only option is to just charge the controller you forgot to. Also you will never have a situation that the controller is dead because the battery pack went bad.
  21. Will they finally support true Bluetooth Multipoint like my JayBird X3s and TOZO Golden X1s? Without that, not worth even considering at all...
  1. Load more activity