All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Not proof, but the fact that they have had alternative OS's developed for 5 or so years doesn't make them look innocent. Why else would they go to the trouble of developing and maintaining an OS for the sole reason of using it as a backup if Google and Microsoft forced them away? I love the look of their products, however I've always been weary about it. Trump may be a lying bastard, but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Why else? The same reason Samsung did with Tizen and Bada: more control and choice. Alternatives are good and if you can get enough buy-in, you can succeed. Most don’t. True, good point, however those two OS's arguably came out of different business models. - Firstly Bada was of a time when Android was still in development and battling it out against many other mobile OS's like Symbian, Asha, and Windows Phone 7. - Tizen is from a similar time (merged with Bada), however it's still supported by a number of hardware manufactures and the Linux Foundation. Either way, both these OS's were used in the wild, and afaik Huawei's is not and is also made for only their devices. Android and Windows ecosystem are too well established and a familiar selling point for consumers to create a new OS for just "control and choice". This is why I suspect they made their backup OS because they knew whatever they were doing may result with restrictions similar to this.
  3. China is Huawei and the chinese are stealing tech and pirating everything. If Huawei is getting this beat-down.... its because they are chinese Racist much? whats racist about what i said? throwing the you are a racist card doesn't make you anymore or less racist than me. so please point out where i was wrong. the Company is a Chinese company. Chinese government encourage their people to steal and sabotage other nations economy through IP theft and Piracy. So if Huawei is getting this beat down its because they are Chinese. Its as simple as that. Trying to justify it I see. Then tell me why say, TP-Link isn’t facing the same issue? They are Chinese. I can’t wait to hear your response. No really. I’m excited and can’t wait.
  4. From day one I said how unnecessary and stupid it was. The hardcore Apple users told me how wrong I was. Here we are though, with a hardcore Apple fan above you now falling in line and discussing the pros of removing it. Can’t say I am surprised, that’s usually how it goes. Of course, removing it for the reason of lowering the cost is probably a very real thing. For Apple. I doubt it will be passed on to the consumer. Having only just started using an iPhone (6S) for work, once I figured it out I found 3D touch to be much more responsive and reliable than long touch of Android. The haptic feedback also feels more refined and it can be utilised in places where long press is also present effectively creating three different gestures. But yes, it's not clear to users, easy to interpret what's going on, or which of those gestures are in play, so is probably overkill. I only stumbled across it accidently, and couldn't replicate it for ages!
  5. I'm not convinced personally, however am interested to learn more.
  6. Check the event viewer. This assumes it didn’t rebooting into installing (doesn’t sound like it did ) I get the following error codes in event viewer. 0x80073CF9, 0x80246013 and a few of 0xC1420121. Mostly the first 2. I'm trying to research them now to see how to fix it. Any ideas? The codes mean less to me than the message. Can you post those and were they all related to windows installation? Different version of Windows but https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/...9-fails/m-p/6582136#M154697 Got a creative card? I suspect they might be the issue. No creative card. It's a dell laptop. Less than a year old. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073CF9: 9ND94HKF4S0Z-AppUp.SGXDFP. Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80246013: 9ND94HKF4S0Z-AppUp.SGXDFP.
  7. Copernic

EMDB 3.42

EMDB 3.42 by Razvan Serea EMDB is an application to keep track of your movie and TV Series collection. Both physical discs and media files are fully supported. With an automatic import from the database of IMDB, export to csv, text or HTML, thumbnail cover preview, a loan tracker, advances search and filter functions and multi-language user interface. EMDB doesn't need a .NET framework or any other external libraries and is therefore fully portable. And best of all... it's free!. EMDB 3.42 changelog: Database: Added IMDb Top 250 property Database: Added Bengali audio stream and spoken language properties. System: Fixed crash when deleting all movies. System: Also delete nfo files when deleting media files. MediaInfo Batch Update: Fixed an issue with assigning audio stream languages if more then one is present. System: Fixed issue when deleting media files on removable disks when deleting an entry from the database. IMDb Import: Added support for recent movies on IMDb having a new (longer) IMDb number." Translations: Updated the Finnish, German, Italian, Slovenian, Turkish and Dutch translations." Download: EMDB 3.42 | 3.8 MB (Freeware) Link: EMDB Home Page Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
  8. Stadia will be for the gaming what iPhone was for mobile phones, what Walkman was for music...a total disruption of established ways to call and listen and Stadia will add gaming to that list, imho.
  9. Today
  10. The apple way; remove a feature and charge more for it!
  11. China is Huawei and the chinese are stealing tech and pirating everything. If Huawei is getting this beat-down.... its because they are chinese Racist much? whats racist about what i said? throwing the you are a racist card doesn't make you anymore or less racist than me. so please point out where i was wrong. the Company is a Chinese company. Chinese government encourage their people to steal and sabotage other nations economy through IP theft and Piracy. So if Huawei is getting this beat down its because they are Chinese. Its as simple as that.
  12. Wonder if prices are going to go up again.
  13. It's not a decision, it's 100% speculation! They've been speculating about an iPhone SE sequel since... the day after it was originally released. Literally, every...single...year. And they've been wrong, literally, every...single...year. The feature is bomb! Just its implementation may change (naturally different display tech requires different touch-detection tech) but the interactions are what's unique about iOS versus other mobile OSes (both widely distributed and niche alike).
  14. If you run this based on the number of models OnePlus must have a gold medal. Still waiting on the 3/3t being updated
  15. oh man, i spent months perfecting 3d touch features on my app and they're taking it away? bummer...
  16. Eric Biran

ARM is the latest company to cut off Huawei

So in essence bend over backwards to whatever BS the US government wants from them? The US has yet to show any kind of substantial evidence about spying from Huawei. I'm saying Huawei should call the US's bluff. They should ask for SPECIFIC changes to SPECIFIC issues. Trump is throwing a tantrum at the moment. The best way to head this thing off before it gets any worse, is to ask, "What, exactly, will make you happy?" Which moves the burden off of Huawei. That said, Huawei has the most to lose getting caught between 2 governments. So, yes, they should capitulate and compromise as quickly as possible, or they will die. As I said, it will likely turn out to be some very minor changes when the US is forced to actually produce something concrete, which is a very minor concession on Huawei's part. Hopefully this will all blow over, as things tend to do with Trump. They will make some minor changes, and Trump will claim victory in personally forging a new era of economic commerce between the US and China...and everything will go back exactly the way it was. The problem is, calling them out and asking for evidence or even cooperating doesn’t have any effect on Trump and won’t make a difference while he has say. This company is just an excuse for him to spit on China. In fact, I would say they are probably nothing more than a scapegoat. If he can say he did something (something UGE!), for sure he will take credit for it. If he can get cooperation, even something small, that will get the kind of press he likes, which should bring an end to this so he can move on to the next thing.
  17. Netgear Arlo Support is a leading support system now these days. We offer many types of cameras. Our customer chooses as per our requirement or need. Our Toll-Free Number is always available for your help. Just dial at our Toll-Free Contact Number - +1-352-888-3810 or access to our website. Arlo Customer Service
  18. If you are looking for a speedy solution for Dell Printer related issues, dial our Dell Printer Customer Support number for the assistance anytime. Call us +1-855-607-8359
  19. From day one I said how unnecessary and stupid it was. The hardcore Apple users told me how wrong I was. Here we are though, with a hardcore Apple fan above you now falling in line and discussing the pros of removing it. Can’t say I am surprised, that’s usually how it goes. Of course, removing it for the reason of lowering the cost is probably a very real thing. For Apple. I doubt it will be passed on to the consumer.
  20. Then don't download it? But it’s cool and trendy to sport the Apple gear and talk MS trash. Don’t take that away from him! What will he have left then?
  21. For non enterprise/educational editions as of April 9th they're only supporting three builds, 1709 will fall out of support in November. The Ent/Edu versions basically get an extra year, though unless it's an error here it looks like they're ending that practice with 1903 https://support.microsoft.com/...indows-lifecycle-fact-sheet
  22. China is Huawei and the chinese are stealing tech and pirating everything. If Huawei is getting this beat-down.... its because they are chinese Racist much? Can you disprove his comment? The Chinese culture has different ethics than the western world. The Chinese believe the ends justify the means, regardless of how dishonorable it is [e.g. stealing tech which they do all the damn time]. It's not racist to point out a stereotype that exists because they literally ######ing do it every day. Disprove his racist comment? No, we are all on the same page that it was racist.
  23. I wouldn't really say they are removing 3D touch, just the hardware for it, as it's expensive and unnecessary. The feature can be reproduced almost perfectly with just software. Sure there will be people who will be unhappy about this but you cannot please everyone.
  24. Josh_LosAltosHills

Best Buy cancels all pre-orders for Samsung's Galaxy Fold

I like that Samsung is trying out something new. I don't think the tech is there yet to make this viable for anyone. they should have showed it off, maybe throw out some review units and then put it away while they try and get it right. as always I will wait to see if Apple shows one off, odds are it will work great out of the box.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?