All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You mean the one that can't steer and multiple of them blew up already? Latest reports say Xiaomi cars are a hit among the masses
  3. Well, after several years of no new iPad that was quite disappointing. Yes, they are faster slightly brighter. No new iPad mini, which I thought was definitely on the cards. I have no reason to upgrade from an iPad pro now over 3 years old.
  4. OLED finally. I'll happily admit that for me a tablet it's a luxury device so I've never been bothered if I only use it for a handful of things (reading, notes, media consumption). I'd agree that for the price and hardware capabilities they have nowadays it's a shame they can't do more. Samsung had an interesting idea with Linux on Dex for a while but in true Samsung fashion they got rid of it.
  5. Steven P.

Sleep tracking completely broken on Galaxy Watch6

Hi, it's me again! 🙋‍♂️ Finally after trying since August 2023 with different Galaxy Watch models (original 2018 Classic, 5, 4 and now Watch6 Classic) I now have a "sleep animal" for the first time. But I can only get sleep to track when I wear it on my ankle at night. If I wear it on my wrist, it only tracks between 1-2 hours. I am the first to admit I do not get great or enough sleep. I am usually tired in the afternoon and will sometimes have an hour nap.
  6. The players who got the Redfall Hero Pass will get some kind of credit from Bethesda by John Callaham Earlier today, it was revealed that Microsoft is shutting down a number of game development studios under its Bethesda Softworks division. They include Tango Gameworks, Alpha Dog Studios, and Arkane Austin. That team released the vampire-themed shooter Redfall just over a year ago in May 2023. Microsoft offered people who purchased the $100 Redfall Bite Back edition access to a Hero Pas which was supposed to add two new heroes to the game in a future DLC pack. The Hero Pass was also available separately as a $30 add on to the game. One year after the game's launch, the Hero Pack had yet to be released. Today, the official Arkane Studios X (formerly Twitter) page confirmed Redfall will receive no more updates which means the Hero Pack has been canceled. Signup here https://t.co/wb1R4m4emj to receive details on how eligible players can receive this credit. pic.twitter.com/69Os17kpQ8 — Arkane Studios (@ArkaneStudios) May 7, 2024 The post also says that buyers of the Redfall Bite Back edition and the Hero Pass add-on will get some kind of "credit" in the future. The post contains a link to a Bethesda support site, which at the moment says: We are working to finalize details for the Redfall credit program. This article will be updated as new information becomes available shortly. Today's X post does state that while there won't be any more updates for Redfall, its multiplayer servers "will remain online for players to enjoy". Redfall was heavily hyped before its launch by Bethesda and Microsoft but its release was met with mixed reviews from the press and low interest from gamers. Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer admitted that the release of Redfall was a disappointment, and added that "there is nothing more difficult for me than disappointing the Xbox community."
  7. Oh, that makes them even bigger ripoffs than I already thought they were, given how far less durable they are despite costing more. Thanks for the information...
  8. Special thanks to Razvan Serea for always covering notable software on Neowin!
  9. No just the big screen "fold" series sadly, Even though the flip costs more than the S24 no dice no DeX
  10. I'm the odd man out. Give me 4 monitors over that any day of the week.
  11. You mean the one that can't steer and multiple of them blew up already?
  12. Uhm, hasn't DEX been included with all their foldable devices?
  13. For the price they are charging for this thing DEX should be included IMO
  14. Galaxy Z Flip 6 US variant visits Geekbench again, this time for CPU benchmark test by Sagar Naresh The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 6 has been quite busy for a while now. After appearing for a GPU test on the Geekbench listing, scoring numbers almost similar to the flagship, the Galaxy S24 Ultra, the US variant of the Galaxy Z Flip 6 has again visited Geekbench, this time for a CPU test. As spotted by X (formerly Twitter) user CID, the US variant of the Galaxy Z Flip 6 has appeared in the Geekbench listing with model number SM-F741U. The device scored good numbers in both single-core and multi-core tests. The Galaxy Z Flip 6 US variant scored 1794 in single-core and 4486 in multi-core. One of the most prominent details revealed by the listing is that the Galaxy Z Flip 6 US variant packs 12GB of RAM. This is, however, contradictory to the previous appearance on Geekbench, where the phone with the same model number appeared with 8GB of RAM. There is a possibility that Samsung will offer the Galaxy Z Flip 6 in two variants, i.e., 8GB and 12GB of RAM. The device spotted on Geekbench, allegedly the Galaxy Z Flip 6 US variant, runs on Android 14, and the upcoming foldable is expected to launch with One UI 6.1.1 out of the box along with many of the Galaxy AI features. Samsung will optimize the software and improve its performance as days pass and the phone becomes ready to launch. Samsung is speculated to debut the Galaxy Z Flip 6 alongside the Galaxy Z Fold 6 and the rumored Galaxy Z Fold 6 Ultra at the second Unpacked event in Paris ahead of the Olympics in early July. Besides, earlier reports have also revealed that the Galaxy Z Flip 6 and the Galaxy Z Fold 6 will come in a total of seven and five different color options, respectively. Moreover, there are rumors of a wallet-friendly Galaxy Z Fold 6 FE (Fan Edition) debuting this year.
  15. Meh, just another giant iPhone that can't even do what my 2013 Surface Pro has forever been capable of...
  16. Tango Gameworks is the surprise there, HiFi Rush is easily one of the best games of last year and just got ported to Switch and PS5 🫠
  17. EVs like the Hyuandai Icon already beat apple to making this unfortunate meme a reality with its $60,000 battery replacement. Wonder how apple will think different about it...
  18. Hardware phenomenal, iPadOS still gimped. Same old.
  19. Microsoft introduces the Fire Vapor Special Edition Xbox Controller by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe The Xbox controller lineup just received another variant, and this time, it's expanding the Vapor Special Edition family. The newly announced member is the Fire Vapor Special Edition, a red-orange option. This edition is joining the Stormcloud Vapor, Dream Vapor, and Nocturnal Vapor Xbox Wireless Controllers that have been released over the last couple of years. "Inspired by flames, every red and orange color swirl is an expression of blazing fire with a mesmerizing design that’s unique to each controller," says Xbox Accessories' senior product marketing manager, Daniel Ruiz, in the announcement today. "With vibrant flashes of color, the Fire Vapor controller is guaranteed to add some heat to your gaming setup." Like with other Vapor Edition controllers, each Fire Vapor will feature a swirl pattern design on the faceplate and grips that are unique to each controller. The back and sides also feature rubberized, red diamond-pattern grips for keeping hands steady during long gaming sessions. All the features seen in a standard Xbox Wireless Controller are here too, such as built-in Xbox Wireless and Bluetooth connectivity for playing across Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PCs, and mobile devices. A handy 3.5mm audio jack to plug in a headset, remappable buttons via the Xbox Accessories app, a dedicated Share button to quickly capture moments, and even a removable battery compartment are there as additional benefits. Moreover, connecting this controller to an Xbox Series X|S console will also grant players an exclusive red and orange swirl dynamic background inspired by the new controller's design. This can be found under the console's Personalization options in Settings in the Dynamic Backgrounds section. The Xbox Wireless Controller – Fire Vapor Special Edition is only available for purchase via the Microsoft Store as an exclusive release. The controller is out now and is priced at $69.99.
  20. A typical dishonest comment from an anti-11 person. Nothing is being forced, this is simply a new default which can still easily be turned off. You may not like the feature, but its important and should be turned on for all laptops at a minimum. Dude, when I bring up encryption to average people, I still get space eyes. If it's going to be the default, then MS needs to at least have a full screen notification informing the user in ELI5 terms what it means and the consequences of not having backups or at minimum, a backup of the BL key.
  21. So best consumer hardware components on the market...WOW and comes with iPadOS...LOL Now all content creators can make those 'Can an iPad replace your computer?' videos all over again. Spoiler: it wont.
  22. Uhm, what's the benefit of this subscription version over what Power Toys has been offering free for a while now via its PowerToys Run feature?
  23. I agree with everything you said, expect for "cracking down on sharing." It is totally reasonable for them to expect everyone viewing their content to pay for it. It's reasonable and fair, I am not condemning it. My only reason for mentioning it is because it will have an impact on the subscriber. If they do share passwords and now they can't, they will have a decision to make because of this. Every time a company does something to disturb the way a customer uses their service, then the customer will reevaluate their participation, and that is the reality.
  24. Will the Ultra Reditna XDR screen allow you to browse Reddit more efficiently...? XD
  1. Load more activity