All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I'll miss 3D touch actually. It's more responsive than just long press. Granted we're talking only a minuscule difference, but I appreciated the tech. Especially on the lock screen. When i had to rotate between an SE and an iPhone 8 for my dev unit, I didn't miss it until it was gone.
  3. I’d ask you to elaborate, but we already know you hit and quit threads so I won’t. > know you hit and quit threads so I won’t. But you did it anyways. :-P Wikipedia Reasonable and non-discriminatory (RAND) terms, also known as fair, reasonable, and non-discriminatory (FRAND) terms, And this measure is discriminatory because Huawei hasn't been judged as a company.
  4. Streaming a 4K game at 60FPS will require quite a bit more than a 15Mbps internet connection unless the bitrate is very low.
  5. How so? Stadia will be limited to some games, it will require a serious internet connection to provide close to the quality Google claims it can deliver and will be expensive. Shadow requires the same internet quality yes, but I have any game I own and can run a cloud based desktop on multiple screens if I want now at €30/month with games at 60FPS fullHD quality. I also have full control over what I do and install as well as have an actual Nvidia P5000 dedicated to my PC. Stadia will be like any other google experiment that came before it, it will get some attention, make Google some money and then they drop it.
  6. Courier Journal Slow news day ... just found this one funny.
  7. XP_2600

unbound DNS and Active directory

I installed an Unbound DNS at my network to get some benefit from the DNS caching, i used google DNS (8.8.8.8) as forward zone for "." , its working perfect, now i thought about using our Active Directory DNS as a forward so i replaced the google DNS with our AD DNS ip address but it does not work, any idea what i am missing here? thanks.
  8. Today
  9. I've been debating if I want to go back to the iPhone. I haven't had once since Nexus 5 came out and been enjoying Android since. But, majority of my friends have iPhone's and whenever I get a video sent from them to my text messages, it looks like the video was recorded on a early 2000's phone. I'll probably snag a X or XS for a cheaper price.
  10. Exactly. You could have the worst best hardware (as this Stadia claims to have) but if the customer has a crap internet connection or a ping of over 10ms, then that right there would be a system killer. Half the worlds internet isn't even the required 15mbps yet to even get streaming 4K that this would require.
  11. Delivery Optimization makes downloads super quick on the local network. Works well for me to install builds quickly.
  12. The need to upgrade often for smartphones died years ago, the market peaked and it's trending down now. Cutting you off from updates is the last way they can get you to upgrade at this point. Oh I agree with that. I have a X so I'm still quite happy with the hardware I have, but with the Xs and the XI coming this year, as I said hardware wise, nothing really has changed and will be changing. All the big changes to the iPhone are meant to come September - December 2020. I just think as a owner of the X, myself and many others will be asking themselves "What is it about the XI will make me want to upgrade if I already have a X?" The answer is sadly, nothing really. A wide angle lens camera is a big whoop-de-doo for someone that rarely even uses the phone camera. Apple used to innovate, but the last 3 or so years, there hasnt really been any.
  13. I played it. I would LOVE to play it on PC in hi res. and I am highly interested in the demo so your "sarcasm" is wasted
  14. I've learned in my years the more secretive a project the more likely it's absolute crap and they know it. Unless they've solved that whole pesky speed of light problem I can't see this being anything more than exactly what I expect it to be. I don't expect much.
  15. China is Huawei and the chinese are stealing tech and pirating everything. If Huawei is getting this beat-down.... its because they are chinese Racist much? Can you disprove his comment? The Chinese culture has different ethics than the western world. The Chinese believe the ends justify the means, regardless of how dishonorable it is [e.g. stealing tech which they do all the damn time]. It's not racist to point out a stereotype that exists because they literally ######ing do it every day. Well, western countries do the same. I mean, to justify the means because of the ends. They need wars to justify the existence of their mighty war industry, so they start wars, of course as far as possible of their own soil. They need friendly governments in foreign countries, so they finance the politicians that can assure they will be friendly once in power. Look what they tried to do in Venezuela.This, when they don't simply assassinate the leader that dares not to get on his knees. Americans and Europeans have been doing this for centuries. try looking at what china has been doing to its own people then tell me what they will do to others if they have the power. Again, what you said has nothing to do with what we are discussing. For apple and other companies to trade in china, they have to bend over to the government and i do see you complaining about that.
  16. The apple way; remove a feature and charge more for it! I would pay more for removal of the notch feature Don't worry you will Then he'll pay even more for the removal of that ugly new camera array, but not before he pays more for it first!
  17. No problem buying a Huawei phone in Canada... Canada does not seem to know about this ban thing...
  18. alexandros pallikaridis

GitHub acquires Dependabot; Launches GitHub Sponsors

great article
  19. China is Huawei and the chinese are stealing tech and pirating everything. If Huawei is getting this beat-down.... its because they are chinese Racist much? Can you disprove his comment? The Chinese culture has different ethics than the western world. The Chinese believe the ends justify the means, regardless of how dishonorable it is [e.g. stealing tech which they do all the damn time]. It's not racist to point out a stereotype that exists because they literally ######ing do it every day. Well, western countries do the same. I mean, to justify the means because of the ends. They need wars to justify the existence of their mighty war industry, so they start wars, of course as far as possible of their own soil. They need friendly governments in foreign countries, so they finance the politicians that can assure they will be friendly once in power. Look what they tried to do in Venezuela.This, when they don't simply assassinate the leader that dares not to get on his knees. Americans and Europeans have been doing this for centuries.
  20. European countries decided to respect the ban as well, against their own best interests. I have to assume that they have received convincing evidence to give up playing nice with Huawei, especially when doing so comes with a significant revenue loss. They should share the evidence, and get it over-with. Then people will understand. they can't share what they have not got and I don't think they have any evidence at all, just Trump being Trump, he so much want to do what he said he would do when he was elected. like his so called Wall, so when is that happening? Just like the U.S, thinks they rule the world. The wall is coming about as much as Obama is closing gitmo. None of it will happen.
  21. They must be nearing the limit of what people will play.
  22. From day one I said how unnecessary and stupid it was. The hardcore Apple users told me how wrong I was. Here we are though, with a hardcore Apple fan above you now falling in line and discussing the pros of removing it. Can’t say I am surprised, that’s usually how it goes. Of course, removing it for the reason of lowering the cost is probably a very real thing. For Apple. I doubt it will be passed on to the consumer. I thought so too but I have come to like 3D touch for some things. It allows for some nice shortcuts on the iPhone and I find myself instinctively doing it on my iPad and then being disappointed it doesn't work. That said, Apple did drop the ball on developing the feature as it doesn't have all that many good use cases. I do like it better than long touch because it is faster to do but if it can be emulated in software that is fine.
  23. Trying to make their products accessible to all is "wasting everyone's time"? Just wow. Never said that trying to make their product accessible to all is wasting everyone time, but what will you make accessible to all when you don't even have any good games? And by that I meant comparing to competition. Hate to burst your bubble, but the world doesn't revolve around you Your definition of what constitutes a good game is not everyone's definition. It's got the games I want to play, and has the most capable hardware to play them well. Simple as that really. p.s. This news article centres around accessibility, so I can be forgiven for thinking that's what you referring to. As it happens it just simply off topic. Well I hate to burst your bubble that world does not revolve around you either, at least my world has 4 likes (support) while yours does only 1 or none. It has got game that you want to play but the world is bigger than what you want to play and is even bigger in the side of competition of X-box. p.s. They can talk about making bricks for hospitals per X-Box if they want, but there won't be any sale if you cant match up to your competition in offerings. If we're descending this debate to who's posts have more likes (support), then my posts in this thread have 12 likes, yours have 11 (at time of writing). But hey ho. Besides, why does it have to be battle and attack the other side all the time? It's puerile and childish. You can enjoy what you enjoy, without throwing abuse and attacking something that others (admittedly, fewer others) enjoy.
  24. I wonder if the UK can ban U.S products, lets see, no Microcrap, no intel, no AMd sadly, but we would cope. No lousy awful stuff they call chocolate, not that ours is much better, certainly now that there is a U.S company that owns Cadburys. no awful U.S beer, and yes our beer have improved in leaps and bounds over the years. , no google.
  25. European countries decided to respect the ban as well, against their own best interests. I have to assume that they have received convincing evidence to give up playing nice with Huawei, especially when doing so comes with a significant revenue loss. They should share the evidence, and get it over-with. Then people will understand. they can't share what they have not got and I don't think they have any evidence at all, just Trump being Trump, he so much want to do what he said he would do when he was elected. like his so called Wall, so when is that happening? Just like the U.S, thinks they rule the world.
  26. European countries decided to respect the ban as well, against their own best interests. I have to assume that they have received convincing evidence to give up playing nice with Huawei, especially when doing so comes with a significant revenue loss. All they are just sucking up to the u.s as normal.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?