W7 boot screen

I everyone,

For some reason, when I boot up W7, the boot screen has now changed to the vista one (single bar with moving blocks).

Is there any wat to revert it to W7 (windows flag morphing from little lights).

Any help will be usefull. Thanks !

Build 7000. I had the new screen before but tried to install deamon tools and since, it's the vista-like screen.

well, with windows 7's recovery options it would be no problem to put in the disc and do a reinstall....

not sure what all it would do though....

well, with windows 7's recovery options it would be no problem to put in the disc and do a reinstall....

not sure what all it would do though....

Tried it before (startup repair), no changes to the boot screen. If I only knew where is that bootscreen...

Edited by buzz99

Go to run,type in msconfig,click the boot tag, take the check out of no gui boot,reboot

Doing that made it have just a blank screen for me.

Windows 7 in my macbook has the boot screen. But in my Aspire One it doesn't.

Doing that made it have just a blank screen for me.

Windows 7 in my macbook has the boot screen. But in my Aspire One it doesn't.

Did you update video card drivers on the Aspire?

needs 1024 x 768 native resolution to work

Did you update video card drivers on the Aspire?

Yup.

What i mean though is by default, my mac did and my acer didn't.

After using the No-Gui it just made a blank screen without the bars on both.

It's no big deal so long as everything else works, I hardly ever reboot my machine, and a girlfriend of mine isn't even impressed with it, being a "Macette" and all! :s

I don't see any bootscreen at all :s. My install just goes to the login screen directly after a couple of seconds of a blank screen.

What are your system specs? I'm kind of annoyed because with my system, I figured I would be seeing no bootscreen, but no... I see it every boot for about 10 seconds.

It's no big deal so long as everything else works, I hardly ever reboot my machine, and a girlfriend of mine isn't even impressed with it, being a "Macette" and all! :s

A windows enthusiast web site owner, has a girlfriend that likes Mac's :no:

It's almost like Melinda Gates using a Mac at home :p

A windows enthusiast web site owner, has a girlfriend that likes Mac's :no:

It's almost like Melinda Gates using a Mac at home :p

Haha! :rofl: (Y)

Radish?

Modifying the boot files could cause this. Quote from Rafael at withinwindows.com:

"Before you think about cracking open your resource editor and replacing system files, be aware winload.exe, the Windows Boot Loader, has a list of critical files (e.g. ntoskrnl, tmp.sys) that are checked for valid digital signatures. bootres.dll and its associated MUI are now on this Sinofsky-like list, an intentional move to secure the Windows 7 brand. This means any modification of these files will result in Windows 7 falling back to the Windows Vista-style boot graphics. To workaround this behavior, you?ll need to patch the Windows Boot Loader itself, or keep a kernel debugger attached at all times. Yuck. [Nitpicker corner: I have not gone down the noguiboot path]"

Link to article ->http://www.withinwindows.com/2008/12/05/wi...-boot-progress/

So maybe try restoring these files back to original (extract from install.wim or boot.wim, boot to Windows 7 DVD and use the command prompt) will fix this.