Vista Installation 5284

Issue with Installin Vista Build 5284

Two things would happen

If I tried to upgrade it, it would get about 34% and then complain about an error, which was setup.exe

The other is, I'm installin Vista as in a full install, and well every now and then I hear my HDD, shuttin off, i heard it do this at least 5 times. Then I finally actually heard the HDD turn back on and the lights showed sign of it being accessed. Now I'm still at this Screen sayin Installation is takin longer then expected.

I'm wonderin If my hdd is dyin, its a 7 year old WD 20 gig, the rest of the pc is 250's

the whole pc is

2.9 P4 Celeron...I HATE P4, i miss my AMD

1 gig 3200 ddr

128 FX 5500

270 gigs HDD

I'm going to go to bed and see what happens when I wake up, I BETTER PHUCIN NOT GET Deleting Orphaned File Extensions, CHKDSK my ass, more like A GUI Formatter....

all I know is i downloaded it off a torrent site, but my question is, do you think my hdd is dying, cause if thats the case here's my other question, is it possible to install to a slave secondary hdd, and have it boot?

Well, official Beta tester or not, i'm sorry to announce you that your not ready to use Vista yet...

Wait for that it go RTM on the end of the year, and then you will be hable to contact Microsoft and ask for help with qualified Technician.

I'm experimentin, I have all my **** backed up now, I might even ghost it, but eh Im goin to have an OS is 15 minutes, then play around, ah the joy of experimentin and torrenting

its a leak on a torrent site, I also like that PEBKAC, catchy also, kinda like 1D10T error. Now I'm goin to see if i was right, if my HDD is dying, the thing has been through so much, first HDD I ever had

OK.....How much does it cost and what do you have to do to become an Official Beta tester?

Finally you know a little bit more that you was looking like,

So there some tips for you:

First, Want to care about your spelling? I'm better and English is my second language.

Second, you are on one of the most big Windows related board, if there a leak, thrust me, we will know it.

Finally, Stop saying the words "Vista + Torrent" it's your first day here and you start badly.

OK.....How much does it cost and what do you have to do to become an Official Beta tester?
Ask your friend?

I'm sorry, I'm just goin' through some withdrawls, and also being in college and all can be real stressfull. We were talkin about the MSDNAA, I think that's what it is, and how Vista can install so nicely. I remember when Longhorn was FIRST introduced, and how the vector based system was supposed to be all greedy about the system resources it uses.

I'm eating food now, I'm eliminating my hunger. Also the first prhase you said

"Finally you know a little but more that you was looking like" exactly what does that mean?

That is an interesting question How much does Msdn cost?

I searched on the msdnaa site and for a full membership it costs ?594.00

Price displayed is VAT Inclusive where a valid VAT Registration number has not been provided. Customers from the following countries must pay VAT regardless: Germany (16%), Norway (25%) and Switzerland (7.6%).

source: http://msdn.microsoft.com/

Issue with Installin Vista Build 5284
all I know is i downloaded it off a torrent site, but my question is, do you think my hdd is dying, cause if thats the case here's my other question, is it possible to install to a slave secondary hdd, and have it boot?
I'm experimentin, I have all my **** backed up now, I might even ghost it, but eh Im goin to have an OS is 15 minutes, then play around, ah the joy of experimentin and torrenting

And let me guess how you came across a copy of Ghost. :no:

As far as I am aware, 5270 is the latest released testing build. My friend told me that he got a leaked copy of 5284, maybe I'll follow that up and try to get some screenshots.