XP Service Pack 2 Beta Due Real Soon Now

Neowin has posted to its site a copy of the full Windows XP Service Pack 2 beta invitation. The invitation says testers should expect to receive the code sometime in the next few weeks. A number of the new features due in SP2 are known already: popup ad blocker; Internet Connection Firewall turned on by default; Messenger Service turned off by default; improved memory protection, etc. Although called a Service Pack, the update ?due out by mid-2004 (we're guessing Q3) ? is more like a whole new version. (Just for the record, the versions of SP2 that leaked earlier this year are now null and void. Microsoft is starting the beta count all over.)

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/

I wonder how much longer till we get to download and test the Service Pack from BetaPlace?

Really been looking forward to this.

But I guess it may still be a week or more away, since the Newsgroups haven't shown up yet and they normally do before we get access to download files. :|

so true :crazy: :( :(

anyway.. i didnt get a beta invatation :( :(

i don know how.... didn't those things that gave a new serial generate it on the fly, or were those read from a file ?