help me stop my mom..

a few months ago someone destroyed my moms Honda CRV...

then she tells me that her next car is out of these --> toyota highlander, Lexus RX300, Nissan Xterra, or the Honda Pilot.

she eliminated all the choices down the the Honda Pilot and i told her it was a nice car. you know, a good sized SUV, good milage for its class, and she'll be safe. it'll be the perfect car for her.

yesterday she comes home and tells me that she test drove a HUMMER and fell in love with it and wants to buy it. somehow she going to get $20,000 off the sticker price through work. BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT.. THE POINT IS WHAT THE **** IS MY MOM GOING TO DO WITH A HUMMER?!?!

then she tells me "i'm only going to drive it a few times a week.." (she carpools almost everyday)

i'm not going to tell her, but the main reason i don't want her getting that car is because there are too too many women driving SUVs that are too big for them to handle, they never stay in their lane, they are always slow and annoying when they are behind you because their lights are mounted higher. people who live in california will understand exactly what i'm talking about.

my second reason is the car is huge, and it will easily get damaged, even if you're a good driver someone else will always damage it..

third is the gas.

now what i want to know is are there any Hummer (H2) drivers in this forum.. please tell that this car is undependable and needs a lot of service and costs a lot of money..

hahaha, ur mom is stupid if she actually goes through with it! can't tell you exactly how to talk her out of it, but good luck and i hope you succeed!!

[i'm not going to tell her, but the main reason i don't want her getting that car is because there are too too many women driving SUVs that are too big for them to handle, they never stay in their lane, they are always slow and annoying when they are behind you because their lights are mounted higher.]

Yep.

The H2 is a POS, get the H1 if you really want a hummer, now that would be a sweet ride.

And nothing ****es me off more then driving by an elementary school and see all these stupid young moms in their brand new SUVs taking their kids to school. F*cking rich people....

i'm not going to tell her, but the main reason i don't want her getting that car is because there are too too many women driving SUVs that are too big for them to handle, they never stay in their lane, they are always slow and annoying when they are behind you because their lights are mounted higher. people who live in california will understand exactly what i'm talking about.

I just love sexist comments.... <--- Sarcasm.

:crazy:

Well, your mom is going to do what she wants to do. I guess I'm lucky in the fact that my mom is of the old school mind and would rather have a really nice luxury 4 door car that is capable of getting more than 11 miles-per-gallon. It's rubbed off on me as I seriously have no interest in SUVs whatsoever. Not only have they made people's egos skyrocket, they've also made gas prices skyrocket as well. Give me a cobalt blue Infiniti G35 over an H2 any day.

But, such is life. The SUV is possibly one of the top 10 worst things ever invented - and making the Hummer readily accessable to a consumer is only going to make it worse. Hell, just tell her that if she is willing to pay for your gas, then so be it - cuz each time one of those things is bought, it's going to drive up the demand ever so slightly :)

By the way, there's nothing worse than sitting in a Rally's or Carl's Jr. drive-thru with some A-Hole's SUV super duper digital xeon headlights right in your freakin grill :no:

Hell, just tell her that if she is willing to pay for your gas, then so be it - cuz each time one of those things is bought, it's going to drive up the demand ever so slightly

True, true. Poor mileage, elevated xenon headlights in the eyes, inability to see around when they hog the left lane, etc. I mean, we could go on and on. And if she is dead set on it, there is probably nothing you can do. But, hopefully you are allowed to speak your mind. "Mom, think of the money we could save if, instead of buying a Hummer we get a _____." You could proceed to show your research into the matter, and tell her that you did this all because you love her. You could show how you could buy two cars with that kind of money, or use the extra money to spend in other ways (help pay off a mortgage, for example).

What do I drive? A Ford Focus Wagon. Storage capacity of an SUV (arguably more room than an SUV), 31 mpg, close-to-normal car height, ability to tow, etc.

A Hummer! Tight! Get your mom to give you the keys to that car, if you plan to go out.

my second reason is the car is huge, and it will easily get damaged, even if you're a good driver someone else will always damage it..

Trust me, the only thing that gets damaged will be the "object" in the way of that monster.

a good american car phuh ! you mean nr.1 reason war @ Irak :pinch:

give me a good german car any day like a b&w or a mercedes :shifty:

a good american car phuh ! you mean nr.1 reason war @ Irak :pinch:

give me a good german car any day like a bnw or a mercedes :shifty:

bnw ? i dunno that one :laugh: ;) :shifty:

bnw ? i dunno that one&nbsp:laugh:h: );)&nbsp:shifty:y:

yeah yeah lets all laugh @ my speak problem.:crazy:y:

Edit: in dutch haha jaffa ja erg grappig, weer maare hoe is het met je studie? now that pwn:D:D

yeah yeah lets all laugh @ my speak problem.. :crazy:

Edit: in dutch haha jaffa ja erg grappig, weer maare hoe is het met je studie? now that pwns :D

bwahahaha :pinch:

dont start with me on that :no: :laugh:

yea a BNW.. and make sure to get a top of the line quality TV from Sorny

yeah i live those man.. :laugh: