help me stop my mom..

they never stay in their lane, they are always slow and annoying when they are behind you because their lights are mounted higher. people who live in california will understand exactly what i'm talking about.

YES

just tell her you heard there were a lot of Hummer related accidents and that they aren't that safe.

Not to mention that they are just fugly

Hummer?

I'm sorry - we non-USofA folks need a little guidance :blush:

Does 'hummer' have the same meaning up there in Durham as it does down here in Merseyside or not? If it does, you'll know which meaning I'm talking about ... ;)

That's awesome. Hummer's kick ass.

And for anyone giving SUVs a bad name, nuts to you. They can tow, they can carry people + objects, they have huge clearence, and (unless they suck) 4-wheel drive.

I guess it comes down to why she is buying a vehicle. Is price an obstacle or not (doesn't sound like it is)? How much will she be driving? Etc.

I love the Honda Pilot...I think its an excellent car for the money. I guess I look at it from a money and reliability/quality perspective. I want the most car for the determined amount of money to spend.

To sum things up.....determine the need for the car and then decide. If money isn't an obstacle, get the hummer, otherwise, maybe take a different approach.

And for anyone giving SUVs a bad name, nuts to you. They can tow, they can carry people + objects, they have huge clearence, and (unless they suck) 4-wheel drive.

the definition of an SUV has been stretched tooooooooooooooooo much..

the only true SUV that is left is probably Jeep Wrangler and Land Rover..

you think a Lexus RX300 is an SUV or even this H2?? damn i wish i had saved the video i had of a H2 off roading and breaking its axel because it couldn't go over a tiny rock.. where as a jeep could have pulled it off easily.

SUV's are all about status now.. if i get into an accident, i'll be safe.. hahahaha. what do i need this SUV for? i dunno, i don't go off roading, i don't use it to carry things, i only have two kids.. hmmm why do i need it then? because it's sooooo purrrrdy

And thats why the USA will use 30% of the worlds petroleum products, even though it only has 5% of the world propulation.

As for BMWs, personally I'd prefer an Audi or Mercedes ;).

seems if she wants it so bad and wont listen to logic you could try to impress her with another car that is nice and shiny and has lots of buttons to keep her amused

How so? I know people with PhD's and they happen to drive H2's... They're not stupid.

tough bunnies. i think they are :p

the definition of an SUV has been stretched tooooooooooooooooo much..

the only true SUV that is left is probably Jeep Wrangler and Land Rover..

you think a Lexus RX300 is an SUV or even this H2?? damn i wish i had saved the video i had of a H2 off roading and breaking its axel because it couldn't go over a tiny rock.. where as a jeep could have pulled it off easily.

SUV's are all about status now.. if i get into an accident, i'll be safe.. hahahaha. what do i need this SUV for? i dunno, i don't go off roading, i don't use it to carry things, i only have two kids.. hmmm why do i need it then? because it's sooooo purrrrdy

A true SUV must have 4-wheel drive, be able to tow at least 1.5x times it's weight, and be able to clear (without breaking) most trail sized objects. I drive a Cheeroke (more SUV than a ****ty Wrangler) and it can do all those things. As far as 20 miles to the gallon goes (or even less in the case of the H2), well, that's what big gas tanks are for.

tell your mom she looks fat in a hummer :happy: in a flash of a second she will wan't a other car :yes:

:laugh: You should tell her to buy a car based on where you live. If you live in the city what's the point of a hummer. You're not going to use it to its full potential. I'm don't mean be sexist and I apologize if it looks that way but I see a lot of women driving 'power' cars, well I don't see them driving, they see me driving while they're on the side of the road with a cell phone calling a tow truck. From what I've seen a lot of women can't handle the monumental power these cars have. Also just imagine how annoying it'll get when you have difficulty parking that huge thing when you go shopping or somehting similar if you're not a professional driver. It's like Porsche making the Cayenne. Porsche has always been about sport and racing. I'll always be a die hard Porsche fanatic and I don't blame them for making Cayenne since it is a "Sport" Utility Vehicle but is anyone honestly going to drive 165MPH up a mountian? What I'm trying to say is stick too what you know and what you can handle.

:laugh: You should tell her to buy a car based on where you live. If you live in the city what's the point of a hummer. You're not going to use it to its full potential. I'm don't mean be sexist and I apologize if it looks that way but I see a lot of women driving 'power' cars, well I don't see them driving, they see me driving while they're on the side of the road with a cell phone calling a tow truck. From what I've seen a lot of women can't handle the monumental power these cars have. Also just imagine how annoying it'll get when you have difficulty parking that huge thing when you go shopping or somehting similar if you're not a professional driver. It's like Porsche making the Cayenne. Porsche has always been about sport and racing. I'll always be a die hard Porsche fanatic and I don't blame them for making Cayenne since it is a "Sport" Utility Vehicle but is anyone honestly going to drive 165MPH up a mountian? What I'm trying to say is stick too what you know and what you can handle.

A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR THIS GENTELMAN!!

and no you are not being sexist.. most women can not handle "power" cars as you said. and i definately know my mom will not be able to handle that car. i honostly prefer the Honda Pilot, this H2 is unneccesary. i just need to keep pounding that in her head and drive her crazy. if she does buy. i will never ever drive,wash,touch,all of the above her car.

the same thing i'm doing with my aunt's Range Rover she is the worst driver i have ever seen and she drives that thing because.. let me quote "it's a powerful car like me and it's beautiful just like me"

H2's were the most unreliable car JD and associates tested this year by a huge margine. They were so bad they moved GM from the middle of the pack to the least reliable car manufacturer.