Command & Conquer 3

Thanks to Demolition Man from the official CnC Renegade Forums for getting to the portfolio of one of the Renegade concept artists - Thomas Szakolczay. It seems he posted pictures from C&C3 and Ren2 there.

Ren2 concept arts are new, But this time, its not the same for C&C3. The dude posted models, with textures and polycounts and even (!!!) in-game pictures! There are movies of a design demo and a GDI Mission1 Intro movie, where a meteor has crashed in Las Vegas and you must retrieve it with a medic squad.

The Concepts of Ren2 once again prove the fact that Ren2 was going to be set between Ra2 and TD. There is a picture of logo designs of the Russian scavengers saying "Brotherhood*Unity" in Russian and there are some Allied Seal and Scavenger "Cyborg"/Conscript designs.

Source: CNC Community

Portfolio of Thomas A. Szakolczay

Command & Conquer 3

Command and conquer 3 was to be the third installment to the C&C franchise set in the near future, It was to be a real time strategy game using what is now the generals engine. This is the 4th title that I worked on that never got past the pre-production stage.

So instead of making a game that the CNC community might have liked, they opted for a trendy modern warfare game that basically trashes the entire CNC formula and is currently despised by CNC fans everywhere. Interesting.

So instead of making a game that the CNC community might have liked, they opted for a trendy modern warfare game that basically trashes the entire CNC formula and is currently despised by CNC fans everywhere. Interesting.

Theres always going to be somebody moaning.

:sleep:

Wait, i thought a C&C title was being released soon?I remember a spacey teaser pic from E3 or something and it had EA logo on it. I was looking forward to it :/ So no titles are being released then?

now if they could only get the original C&C and RA to work on windows xp....

Red Alert works for me in Windows XP SP2 when I downloaded the latest patch 3D Gamers - ra108usp.exe and then run the game under win95 compatibility mode.

I still prefer the classic command & conquer: red alert.... It is a great game, I dont need advance grafics, I just want realismen which is excellent in c&c ra....

You just made my day. C&C3 on top of my list of games to wait for. :woot:

If you read his site it says C&C 3 will never be released. .

Command & Conquer 3 - 2002:

Command and conquer 3 was to be the third installment to the C&C franchise set in the near future, It was to be a real time strategy game using what is now the generals engine. This is the 4th title that I worked on that never got past the pre-production stage.

Which really bites because the pre-pro looked really good. I guess that is what happens when big publishers eat up all the small gaming companies. What ever happened to the good old days with Westwood Studios, Bullfrog Studios, Muddy Foot, and all the other small gaming companies that always seemed to go that extra mile and break out of the box. The only company that I can think of that is still holding there own is Blizzard

Which really bites because the pre-pro looked really good. I guess that is what happens when big publishers eat up all the small gaming companies. What ever happened to the good old days with Westwood Studios, Bullfrog Studios, Muddy Foot, and all the other small gaming companies that always seemed to go that extra mile and break out of the box. The only company that I can think of that is still holding there own is Blizzard

:cry: I was really getting hyped up, thank god you broke this news today itself.

I've searched around to only find that ppl are assuming it is still in produection when in fact on Thomas A. Szakolczay website (the guy you got the concept pics from) he clearly states that it was scraped. Also there are no reports of this game on GameSpot or any other big gaming website that tends to have the scoop on new offical games.

"Command & Conquer 3 - 2002:

Command and conquer 3 was to be the third installment to the C&C franchise set in the near future, It was to be a real time strategy game using what is now the generals engine. This is the 4th title that I worked on that never got past the pre-production stage. "

What I'm guessing happened is they scraped the project and used the game engine that was suppost to be in C&C 3 and used it for C& C Generals. Its too bad I would have liked to have played this game.

Hate to be the barer of bad news but ever since bill roper and his group took off blizzard has been taking strict orders from Vivendi. However fear not because Flagship Studios is up and running. As is Arena.net.

Ah man, this bloody blows. This game looks absolutley fantastic, and if it was released I'm sure it would of made a much bigger lasting impression than ****y Generals did.

Generals was fun, but not a masterpeice like RA1 and C&C was. I think I probably played those games more than any others combined... or at least it felt like that.

Gaming has really lost it's fun since EA came along and gobbled up my three favourite gaming studios, Bullfrog, Maxis and Westwood. They all made fantastic games and now it's just all graphics graphics graphics. Hopefully this can be classed as the dark age of gaming where everyone just sat making better and better pixel shaders and not putting them to work - soon hopefully we will hit a barrier which will slow graphics development down and make everyone think about gameplay, in the exact same way that people had to before we had 3D accelerators.

We should have a website to track where all the game developers are going :p

Lots of my old favourite game studios either just disappeared or got eaten up. I wonder where they all went?