Command & Conquer 3

We should have a website to track where all the game developers are going :p

Good idea ! I wonder if something like this is already in works. :whistle: Gamespot etc., keep track of release dates but its too cluttered.

EA would not scrap a popular franchise. From the looks of it, they were originally going to do C&C3 but something happened along the way and they decided to make a new series (Generals). That does not mean they did away with it altogether, just delayed it. I'm positive there will be a sequel to Tiberian Sun after LOTR.

Whoever said Command & Conquer III will never be released -- he never said that. He said his work was cancelled. They're working on a different Command & Conquer III now [this is according to ex-EALA and Westwood employees]...

now if they could only get the original C&C and RA to work on windows xp....

i'm afraid that's impossible

they're such classic games, they deserve old platform

THAT is C&C: Tiberian Twilight? :| WTF (N)

The Westwood today (if it still exists) is the polar opposite of the Westwood of 6 years ago :(

Westwood was bought by EA quite awhile ago.

I thought Westwood was disbanded or something like that?

Anyway, yeah its sad to see what happened to the major powerhouses of the past. Bullfrog, Apogee, Westwood, Origin, LucasArts, all gone down the drain.. :(

I thought Westwood was disbanded or something like that?

Anyway, yeah its sad to see what happened to the major powerhouses of the past. Bullfrog, Apogee, Westwood, Origin, LucasArts, all gone down the drain.. :(

Hey now, lets not say things we cant take back. I was dissapointed recently with LucasArts but they by no means have gone down the drain.

Hey now, lets not say things we cant take back. I was dissapointed recently with LucasArts but they by no means have gone down the drain.

Ah well, I was thinking of more in the context of adventure games (aka Monkey Island, Grim Fandago... ) :)

As if we wont see a revival of the Command and Conquer series. Dune, C&C kickstarted and virtually created the whole genre. Now if Dune can manage to see a revival of 2 new games in recent years (Dune2000 + Emperor: Battle for Dune) then surely we will see Tiberian Twilight in the not too distant future.

Geez if Activision can release such crap sequels as Dark Reign 2, I have no doubt they will have the good foresight to see that C&C3 would be a worthwhile investment.

Then again the original darkreign was a great game, and Activision brought the rights to it, and DR2, was crap, hrmm maybe that says it all about Activision and sequels. Well heres hoping anyway.

We need one last Nod V Gdi conflict to show us how it all ends, and if Kane was as prophetic as he would have us believe.

Erm, don't count on RA2 being included in the actual story of C&C :)

No, I'd of thought it would be.

This is the C&C story:

1) Red Alert 1. Einstien invents the time machine, goes back and kills hitler before he starts his nazi empire. WW2 never happens, but Stalin takes power. Red Alert 1 follows, with Stalin launching a full attack into Europe.

Some time follows. Stalin is crushed, the soviet empire is allowed to continue but only under the supervision of the allies.

2) Red Alert 2. Some whacky guy that I can't remember the name of rebuilds the soviet union's army and attacks USA and Europe. Once again, they are defeated. This time for good.

The allies realize they need to become one state to fight of the power of terrorism, so they become GDI (Global Defence Initative).

??? C&C 3. Tiberium lands on earth from outer space on a comet and starts spreading across the world. It is exceedingly mineral-rich, but very toxic. From the pictures and stuff in this thread, it seems that the fallen soviet empire start rebuilding themselves into NOD.

3) C&C1. The tiberium has now got a full hold and it is full out war against NOD.

4) C&C Tiberium sun. More of the same...

Aldo, sorry, but you're wrong. I'm pretty sure C&C is a different storyline from Red Alert. Also, C&C "1" is C&C: Tiberian Dawn. C&C "2" is C&C: Tiberian Sun. C&C "3" will be C&C: Tiberian Twilight. In the course of a day, the sun first appears at dawn, then is in they sky for the daytime, and then goes down around twilight. Tiberian Twilight will be the third course of the C&C story; it's not a prequel.

SPOILERS

No, they are linked. At the end of the RA1 Russian campaign when Nadio shoots Stalin she says "the Brotherhood will be pleased", then Kane comes enters stage right (he whispered in Stalin's ear in an earlier FMV as an advisor/aide) and says that they can "come out of the shadows" or similar. :)

Edit: Oh, and look at those Zeppelins. Recognise that logo from anywhere? :p