Desktop Icons without Text

No luck, here is what i did.

I run the Remove Recycle bin.reg. Then opened tweakui but there was no recycle bin there. I tried doing it a few other ways but still no luck..

Umm.. when i open flashfxp i can see the recycle bin there, its called some wierd name though.. :-S

No luck, here is what i did.

I run the Remove Recycle bin.reg. Then opened tweakui but there was no recycle bin there. I tried doing it a few other ways but still no luck..

Umm.. when i open flashfxp i can see the recycle bin there, its called some wierd name though.. :-S

585361131[/snapback]

That's odd,.. the "Remove Recycle Bin.reg" returns the Recycle Bin to default. :huh:

Try importing the "Remove Recycle Bin.reg" + the "Add Recycle Bin to Desktop.reg" from the attached zip file and refresh your Desktop.

Add_Recycle_Bin_to_Desktop.zip

Nope..

Its wierd though, there is no icon on the desktop but if i go to Run>Desktop there is a recycle bin icon there, with no text..

I guess im just stuck without it on the desktop, no biggy.

2x You're welkome!  :D

Open Regedit and go to  [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-5002-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\MyDownl\Command] and edit the command.  :)

About Azureus & NeoMule: I don't use these programs, can you PM me the shortcuts?

585360936[/snapback]

Thanks for the info on how to change the path for "My Downloads"

I will PM the shortcuts for Azureus and NeoMule shortly...

Thanks Herby, great work mate....

Can I also add a VideoLAN to the request list Herby??

What shortcuts(paths) am I PM'ing(apart from the obvious ones) you Herby??, In reference to NeoMule & Azureus??

Sorry for n00b question... :pinch:

Edited by Harsh!

Can I also add a VideoLAN to the request list Herby??

What shortcuts(paths) am I PM'ing(apart from the obvious ones) you Herby??, In reference to NeoMule & Azureus??

Sorry for n00b question... :pinch:

585370509[/snapback]

Of course, you can!.. :p

PM me the shortcuts to the programs, helpfiles and Command line parameters (I need the Commandline parameters for the extra functions in the Context menu, if you don't know them I'll search for them). :)

Im lost still with the Azureus cause it uses Java when it starts so im all messed up with the shortcuts. I will hopefully find the right shortcuts over at there website. Below is all I know(& it aint much!!)

Azureus:

C:\ProgramFiles\Azureus\Azureus.exe

Nope..

Its wierd though, there is no icon on the desktop but if i go to Run>Desktop there is a recycle bin icon there, with no text..

I guess im just stuck without it on the desktop, no biggy.

585362075[/snapback]

Biggy to me! :D

I think that I found the solution; import the "Show Recycle Bin.reg" from the attached zip, refresh your Desktop and it should be back. :)

Im lost still with the Azureus cause it uses Java when it starts so im all messed up with the shortcuts. I will hopefully find the right  shortcuts over at there website. Below is all I know(& it aint much!!)

Azureus:

C:\ProgramFiles\Azureus\Azureus.exe

585372429[/snapback]

atm I'm working on a big update of the current icons.

(I found a great little command line tool and I'm addapting the Icons to it).

I'll search the net for the commands asap. :)

Show_Recycle_Bin.zip

hey herby, i liked your Master Volume control icon. But can u make on which contains Creative SurroundMIxer. and remove NVIDia and recording controls please.

C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2\Surround Mixer\SurMixer.exe

thanks in advance.

hey herby, i liked your Master Volume control icon.  But can u make on which contains Creative SurroundMIxer.  and remove NVIDia and recording controls please.

C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy2\Surround Mixer\SurMixer.exe

thanks in advance.

585385113[/snapback]

No problem,.. I was just editing it... :D

This version uses NirCmd (a great little Command Line Tool) to adjust the volume.

Copy NirCmd*.* to your Windows or System32 directory, then import "Remove Master Volume.reg" and then "Add Master Volume CSM.reg" + refresh your Desktop.

Master_Volume_CSM.zip

This is very interesting. I just wonder weather this (the custom menus) is compatible with IconX or not.

I think you should make editor so ppl can easily make their own :)

585387594[/snapback]

The custom menus are compatible but IconX does'nt support the nameless Icons. :(

About the editor: Tbhoc posted here that he is developing a program to do all this automatically, but atm he's bizzy with his gce project.

I've updated the first post with the new and updated Icons. :)

Changelog:

Cleaned all the Regs.

Updated some to use NirCmd; a great little Command Line Tool. (more info @ http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html)

NirCmd replaces MonOff, Mute & SetVol.

Updated Internet Explorer with "Delete All..." command. (deletes Cookies & Temp Internet Files)

Updated My Computer with System Info, Hibernate and Logg Off commands.

Updated My Network Places with Network Diagnostics and Remote Assistance commands.

Updated the Recycle Bin with Disk Cleanup command.

Updated Shutdown button with Hibernate and Logg Off commands.

Added Ad-Aware SE Personal.

Added Alcohol 120%.

Added CCleaner.

Added updated Control Panel.

Added FlashFXP.

Added Foobar2000. (by Splinter)

Added Games Folder Example. (by squeksquek)

Added IrfanView.

Added updated Master Volume (with volume presets)

Added Master Volume CSM. (Creative SurroundMixer)

Added Media Center.

Added Media Player Classic.

Added Microsoft AntiSpyware.

Added My Computer -e. (no Explorer Bar)

Added My Documents -e. (no Explorer Bar)

Added My Documents+. (modified the real "My Documents" folder so you can drag and drop)

Added Neowin.

Added Office 2K3. (small version of Office 2003)

Added Photoshop CS.

Added Spybot - Search & Destroy.

Added TuneUp Utilities 2004.

Added XnView. (by Splinter)

The guide is under construction. :)

Edited by Herby

I dont know bout you but heres a list of some popular programs that people(me) use...lol

Spysweeper,HypersnapDX5, Sisoft Sandra 2005,TweakXP Pro 4 ,WS_FTP Pro 9,Samurize ,Trillian, Maxthon & VLC..

Any chances of you geniuses having a crack at some of these??

Thanks for all the great work so far peoples & Herby...

post-77438-1107482742_thumb.jpgSomethings gone wrong with the "My Documents" reg files....

Even when I run the remove file(reg file) the missing **** dont come back :cry:

See attached screenshots

post-77438-1107483085.jpg

I dont know bout you but heres a list of some popular programs that people(me) use...lol

Spysweeper,HypersnapDX5, Sisoft Sandra 2005,TweakXP Pro 4  ,WS_FTP Pro 9,Samurize  ,Trillian, Maxthon & VLC..

Any chances of you geniuses having a crack at some of these??

Thanks for all the great work so far peoples & Herby...

585406881[/snapback]

Sure,.. when I find some free time. :D

post-77438-1107482742_thumb.jpgSomethings gone wrong with the "My Documents" reg files....

Even when I run the remove file(reg file) the missing **** dont come back :cry:

See attached screenshots

585410756[/snapback]

The My Documents icon in the Startmenu has nothing to do with the one on your Desktop. (nor the reg file) :)

Import the reg file in the attached zip & reboot your Computer.

If that does'nt work try to change it with X-Setup:

Appearance -> Start Menu -> Windows XP -> New Start Menu -> Visible Items -> Check "Right Column: My Documents".

Start_ShowMyDocs.zip

This Icon can Open and Close your CD /DVD Drives + Turn Autorun On or Off (reboot required).

post-20663-1108477690.jpg

Installation: Import "Add CD - DVD Drives.reg" and Refresh your Desktop.

Copy NirCmd.* to your Windows or System32 directory.

UnInstall: Import "Remove CD - DVD Drives.reg" and Refresh your Desktop.

Remove NirCmd.* from your Windows or System32 directory.

Edit the reg file to change the drive paths and letters:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-5200-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\03]

@="? Eject (G:)"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-5200-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\03\Command]

@="NirCmd.exe cdrom open G:"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-5200-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\04]

@="- Close (G:)"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-5200-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\04\Command]

@="NirCmd.exe cdrom close G:"

Change G: to your CD / DVD drive path

If you have one CD /DVD drive delete command nr. 05 and 06:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-5200-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\05]

@="? Eject (H:)"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-5200-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\05\Command]

@="NirCmd.exe cdrom open H:"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-5200-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\06]

@="- Close (H:)"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-5200-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\06\Command]

@="NirCmd.exe cdrom close H:

[/Herby]

CD_DVD_Drives.zip

very nice guide but isnt there somethin where u right click to rename your desktop icons and hold alt then on keypad press 0160 then letting go will have no text at all just your desktop icons

Thank You ! This is excellent work. The nicest addition to my system since firefox :)

very nice guide but isnt there somethin where u right click to rename your desktop icons and hold alt then on keypad press 0160 then letting go will have no text at all just your desktop icons

585475433[/snapback]

Try both, and you'll see that his method is far superior. I never bothered with alt+0160

cause it doesn't look nice, and u miss functionality on icons like 'My Computers'.

585475433[/snapback]

Really don't know why people keep sayin' this...

:no:

If you use ALT+0160 you still have the blank space under the icons.... Heby gound a way to remove ALSO this blank space.