Desktop Icons without Text

For MY COMPUTER and MY NETWORK PLACES, how do I disable the FOLDER VIEW settings? Everytime I open them, it goes to FOLDER VIEW layout. And for the RECYCLE BIN, I can't drag an item into it anymore. Any fix for these problems?

EDIT:

I removed the tag "/e," from this line and it worked, no longer in folder view ;)

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00000000-5000-0000-0000-000000000002}\Shell\Open\Command]@="explorer.exe /n, /e, ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}"

Still no idea how to make the recycle bin drag and droppable though. :(

Edited by mayamaniac

Hey..... i just want to say great job guys these shortcuts are perfert.... Just wanna know if anyone knows how to make this for Eudora, PowerDVD.... how do you guys find out the switches to use for the program to execute in a certain manner.. cos i cant find much on these two programs

if anyone can work this out.... Thanks in advance

Cheers Mate

:D

hey, did you get the notepad one done?

584905006[/snapback]

:sleep:

ok, just in case herby does happen to be makin some new icons or checking this post...might as well make some requests.

AIM

Opera

Notepad

thanks!?;))

584919335[/snapback]

I am pretty sick at the moment (Sinusitis) and I don't spend much time behind my computer, but if you want them fast, read my previous posts and try to create them.

A few posts back I posted a link to a program that can help you. :))

For MY COMPUTER and MY NETWORK PLACES, how do I disable the FOLDER VIEW settings? Everytime I open them, it goes to FOLDER VIEW layout. And for the RECYCLE BIN, I can't drag an item into it anymore. Any fix for these problems?

EDIT:

I removed the tag "/e," from this? line and it worked, no longer in folder view;) ;)

Still no idea how to make the recycle bin drag and droppable though:(? :(

584910596[/snapback]

If you don't have multiple user profiles on your computer, you can use the "Add Recycle Bin.reg" from the first post, you can drag & drop stuff in it. :D

so when I open this file and right click merge for each one.. the names will go away?

has anyone tried this out?

584910984[/snapback]

The reg files in the first post are the fixed ones,... the don't remove the name from My Computer ect but they create new nameless icons on your Desktop.

Just try it and if you don't like it just use the remove... reg files.

Hey..... i just want to say great job guys these shortcuts are perfert.... Just wanna know? if anyone knows how to make this for Eudora, PowerDVD.... how do you guys find out the switches to use for the program to execute in a certain manner.. cos i cant find much on these two programs

if anyone can work this out.... Thanks in advance

Cheers Mate

584912476[/snapback]

Thanks,.. and welcome to Neowin! :D

I searched the internet for "command line parameters" for the executables.

Alot of programs don't use command line paramete:(. :(

Sometimes you can use a program that uses them to launch another program (like the one I used with the Winamp Icon).

Herby . . . great work ...

nothing more to say ....? :D

584918346[/snapback]

Hey lysar,.. thanks ... and welkome to Neowin! :D

[/Herby]

I'm still sick but I'm well enough to work on some of the requests... :)

When you want one without an enhanced context menu (most of the programs don't use command line parameters), you can try to create it with Shell Object Editor (see Post #182).

When you really want one with an enhanced context menu, just PM me.

I get alot of PM's about the theme, icons and wallpaper that I used in the first post.

You can find all the info you need here. :happy:

hey, hope u get well soon, i really suck at computer stuff mostly so if you do happen to get a little free time all i would request is an icon for opera. thanks!

584934574[/snapback]

Thanx! :D

I got some more requests for an Icon for Opera,.. I'm working on it. :)

^ thank you, this is exactly the thing i was searching for

584999122[/snapback]

That's all a real cool stuff!?:yes::

I love it.?:p:p

((((( Strictly4me )))))

585004606[/snapback]

Thanks Herby. Good stuf(Y)Y)

585005308[/snapback]

Here's 1 4 CCleaner (Crap Cleaner)

Fast & free system optimization tool: removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space.

Context Menu:

Crap Cleaner - Runs the cleaner upon loading and then closes the application.

? Open CCleaner

? Log Issues - Enables logging under Issue Scanning (For debugging issues only).

? Homepage

? FAQ

? Help

CCleaner.zip

Edited by Herby

& here's one for IrfanView.

Context Menu:

- IrfanView

- Scan Image

- Slideshow (My Pictures)

- Thumbnails (My Pictures)

- Close All (Closes all IrfanView windows)

- Homepage

- Help

585001891[/snapback]

thx a lot Herby.... :)