Blue Mountain

Interesting

Dear ******,

As part of helping us test MSN Messenger Beta, we have selected a subset of our testers to help us test a premium subscription offering.

Blue Mountain? supplies Emoticons, Backgrounds, and Display Pictures for MSN Messenger. As an MSN Beta tester, Blue Mountain? has provided these PIN numbers so that you can download Messenger Beta content for free during this beta period.  You will be able to download free: 1 Creaticon, 2 Regular Display Pictures, 1 Regular Display Picture Packs, 3 Emoticon packs, 3 Backgrounds, 1 Background Pack, and 1 Theme Pack.

Please follow the scenario below to download free Blue Mountain? content using the PINs below. Each PIN is assigned specifically to you to download the content only once.  You must use the PIN for the specific type of content for which it is assigned.

whats so interesting....its beta and those items need testing....many others of us got the same email....what would be interesting is if Bill Gates bought us all a G6 Pontiac for testing.

whats so interesting....its beta and those items need testing....many others of us got the same email....what would be interesting is if Bill Gates bought us all a G6 Pontiac for testing.

584741844[/snapback]

What I find interesting is that MS is actually going through with this pay for extras stuff. Personally I could care less for this, I will never use it. I may try it during this free beta, but nothing more.

That's not the worst part.

Check this one out. Looks like video chat will also be on a pay model

From the beta test page

Try New, Improved Video and Audio Conferencing

If you have a microphone and/or a camera, please try the following scenarios.

Video Conversation services are free through 11/11/04 for all beta testers.

MSN_Beta.doc

Ohh no! Thats sad! I remember trying to impress my friends with my Guitar sk33ls through MSN Messenger! Those were the times! Please say it isnt so.

As for the Emoticons, I make my own and so long as the Custom Emoticons feature isnt on pay basis, I'll just make it myself

post-32056-1097930487.jpg

haha, would be awesome see mozilla create an IM client.

When is microsoft going to learn, people dont "need" them nowadays, and frankly nobody is going to buy something they can get for free elsewhere.

wtf, this means no display pictures, no emoticons, and backgrounds, + no web caming unless you pay? wtf, screw microsoft, im gonna change to yahoo, or even when google launches its Imessenger

wtf, this means no display pictures, no emoticons, and backgrounds, + no web caming unless you pay? wtf, screw microsoft, im gonna change to yahoo, or even when google launches its Imessenger

Uhm, No. That's if you want to download emoticons.. You can get a majority of free ones on Mess.be or anywhere else.. And display pictures, still free! Just Deluxe Display Pictures where if you say 'lol' it will laugh for you and your friend, etc. And webcamming will be free unless you want to do a Video Conference with more than 1 friend.

Im going to pay in my opinion.. I like the idea of Deluxe Display Pictures! This is just like AIM Expressions. Get over it!

584747472[/snapback]

I don't pay for them. I get them anyway since I'm an AOL member. That brings up the question: do MSN members have to pay for these extras? Or do they get them free with their subscription?

what ive seen so far of this paid content is sucks big time not even worth it

That's not the worst part.

Check this one out.? Looks like video chat will also be on a pay model

From the beta test page

Try New, Improved Video and Audio Conferencing

If you have a microphone and/or a camera, please try the following scenarios.

Video Conversation services are free through 11/11/04 for all beta testers.

584746287[/snapback]

What a load of bull! I don't know where you got that from but it isn't from betaplace.

Actually,. yes that is where I got it from

584748702[/snapback]

Well it isn't on any part of Betaplace that I have seen.

The version that is on Betaplace is shown in this attachment.

post-32041-1097961598_thumb.jpg

if microsoft start charging they will loose a lot of users, since most of them are teenagers (13-18) and wont have the money to pay, so there will probably be a big shift over to yahoo / AIM

oh well, yet another stupid move...