Problem connecting to neowin irc

On the same day i connected to neowin IRC....

everything was fine the first two times

but this afternoon trying to connect, resluted in Nortan saying:

NetBus Trojan horse blocked

4:48PM(i think third time this afternoon i failed to connect due to this)

TCP inbound

because im an idiot, and im not sure if its a user, or something im putting IP

Remote address: 66.28.242.195:3368

Local: **.**.**.** NetBus (12345)

(local would be my IP, i have not installed anything since i installed BerIRC from the source you gave on front page

anyway when going for more info its in DC, and as paranoid as i am.....

anyway this was after someone for some reason said to press "alt+p" in the chat, me thinking it was a format thing, or whatnot, discovered no, it causes continous scrolling up?....so i restarted the comp when i could not stop it (it caused text windows like in chats to zoom the text in.....)....anyway i had updated NIS/Norton AV right after because amazinglly they had updates they did not have this morning.....anyway, since the update, it now keeps me from connecting due to said thing....

Ideas?....or is it for real, and something wrong on that side?

anyway it goes to tell me in IRC that the status: socket not connected....

post-35999-1109973196_thumb.jpg

You obviously have that trojan horse on your system. The server runs checks to make sure you are not going to attack it once you are connected.

Noton is just blocking that port that the neowin server is trying to connect to you on... Which is just cause that port number is generally used by a certain trojan...

Fix it? Not sure how hate to tell you to set norton to allow that port since its used by tojans...

Maybe you can set MIRC or what ever program you are using to be able to use that port ONLY.