MSN Messenger 2 get enhanced audio and video feat.

The Internet division of Microsoft Corp. and Logitech International SA are working on enhancing the video and audio capabilities in MSN Messenger.

According to eWeek, MSN Messenger already has a Webcam feature and provides some audio capabilities, but users must initiate video and audio sessions separately, an MSN spokesperson said. With Version 7.0 of the IM service, MSN and Logitech will provide higher-quality video and audio, and synchronize them so users can more easily begin and conduct video and audio sessions.

The improvements are expected to be available in the spring with the launch of MSN Messenger 7.0, which is currently in beta.

"The new capabilities we're delivering with MSN will remove barriers that in the past have prevented widespread consumer use of video and audio communications," said Junien Labrousse, senior vice president of Logitech's video business unit, in a statement.

http://www.ebcvg.com/news.php?id=4741

MSN Messenger 2 :huh:?

Apart from that its sounds all good to me (Y)

Might have to try it and see if it comes close to Skype as at the moment thats what I find the easiest to use for Voice communications.

I didn't have room for "to" in topic title, so had to use "2"...:p

585595974[/snapback]

you should've just removed the period at the end :rolleyes: nobody uses periods in their topic titles

you should've just removed the period at the end  :rolleyes: nobody uses periods in their topic titles

585595981[/snapback]

lol, good point. I use MSN Messenger for webcam but like I said I find Skype better for Voice Communications so its a wait and see situation really. Regarding the bug in MSN Messenger 7.0.0604 with webcams stalling after 1 second its not a bad idea to upgrade the features including voice which is nothing compared to programs like Skype.

I never got the Messenger audio part to consistently work with all people.

Skype is the best audio communication product I have used. Great Firewall support. But poor echo cancellation.

Messenger should have its Firewall/NAT traversal implementation fixed.

Messenger does use the best audio codec though.

umm, ya already on the front page :| unless you posted first, too lazy to check times.

but i think that can is already taken :p there is already an MSN Messenger 2 :p

umm, ya already on the front page :|  unless you posted first, too lazy to check times.

but i think that can is already taken :p  there is already an MSN Messenger 2 :p

585598049[/snapback]

As always, this was posted first on BPN.

&

title is short for

'MSN Messenger to get enhanced audio and video feature'