Coming Soon from MS

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...in/advance.mspx

On April 12, 2005, the Microsoft Security Response Center is planning to release:

? 5 Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Windows. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for these security updates is Critical. Some of these updates will require a restart. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA).

? 1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Office. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for these security updates is Critical. These updates will not require a restart. These updates will be detectable using MBSA.

? 1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting MSN Messenger. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for these security updates is Critical. These updates may require a restart. These updates will be detectable using the Enterprise Scanning Tool (EST).

? 1 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Exchange. The greatest aggregate, maximum severity rating for these security updates is Critical. These updates will not require a restart. These updates will be detectable using MBSA.

In addition, Microsoft will release:

? An updated version of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool on Windows Update and the Download Center. Note that this tool will NOT be distributed using Software Update Services (SUS).

? 2 NON-SECURITY High-Priority Updates for Windows on the Windows Update site. These will be distributed to Software Update Services and are not required to install the security updates.

At this time no additional information on these bulletins such as details regarding severity or details regarding the vulnerability will be made available until 12 April 2005.

And all these will be available on Windows Update?

585745687[/snapback]

The Office update and Exchange update won't be on Windows Update - they're not Windows products.

The Office update and Exchange update won't be on Windows Update - they're not Windows products.

585745937[/snapback]

they will be on microsoft update aswell, the beta version which im using.

Almost two months without updates.  I started to get worried :p

Thanks for the heads up :)

585746516[/snapback]

didn't they have 13 updates last month?

Mmmm. Good. I *still* haven't installed SP2 on my XP Pro laptop. Gotta get round to doing that soon.

585748399[/snapback]

I think MS is gonna force SP2 on you & millions of others without it today unless you are somehow blocking it.

Its worth getting imo. Haven't had a single crash since installing it, and thats saying something for MS!

What time do the updates go live normally?