Xbox 360 User Interface

Xbox 360 Dashboard: Games

37.jpg

The Games panel of the Xbox 360 Dashboard lists available titles, including downloaded content, and Achievements earned in each game.

Xbox 360 System Configuration

50.jpg

Xbox 360 Dashboard: Media

38.jpg

The Media panel of the Xbox 360 Dashboard offers access to music, photos, as well as content stored on a networked Windows Media Center PC.

Xbox 360 Dashboard: Xbox Live

39.jpg

The main Xbox Live panel of the Dashboard lists messages, friends and provides access to the Xbox Marketplace.

Xbox Live Marketplace

40.jpg

From the Xbox Live Marketplace, users will be able to purchase games, themes and other virtual goods. The Xbox 360 will come with a free Silver membership to Xbox Live.

Invite a Friend

41.jpg

Xbox Live users can receive invites from friends interested in playing a game. Each invite can include an audio or video message attached.

Xbox Live Friend List

42.jpg

Xbox 360 users can view their Xbox Live friends sorted by the game they are currently playing.

Game Downloads

43.jpg

Xbox Live will offer free downloads of arcade games.

My Arcade Games

44.jpg

The Xbox 360 will list already downloaded arcade games for quick access.

Xbox 360 Media Browsing

45.jpg

The Xbox 360 will be able to browse available music for playback directly on the console.

Now Playing

46.jpg

The Now Playing screen will show the current song, as well as visualizations.

Xbox 360 Visuals

47.jpg

While playing music, Xbox 360 users can view full screen visualizations that go along with the music. Users can control the visuals using the Xbox controller.

Source: BetaNews

My arcade games looks kool.. only if they made some deal with nintendo to port its NES/SNES games.. then I wont even need anything.. I can spend day playing Contra and Mario..

nice screens! :D

Does pressing the X button turns off the Xbox during certain screens?

585947886[/snapback]

yes, you can turn on and off the Xbox 360 with the controller... :happy: :yes:

but if you're way too lazy or a "potato couch" you better get the Xbox 360 remote control so you can turn on and off the console and eject the tray of with it... :p

you can turn it off with the pad?! :D Wooooo..

585947999[/snapback]

yes, all you have to do to power down the Xbox 360 is press the blue "X" button from any of the four main screens... System, Media, Games, and Xbox Live. remember, this works only on the main screens not on the sub-screens bellow them... :happy: :p :yes:

They should be clear:

You do NOT need a Media Center PC to play music and view pictures from your computer. Any Windows XP computer with Windows Media Connect (ie. WMP 10) will work.

It's unknown if you'll be able to stream Videos in the same way... I sure hope so.

The Media Center Extender offers additional functionality, letting you experience the full Media Center interface including watching TV and using DVR functions (just like the Xbox 1 with MCX kit, or any other MCX device).

Thanks alot for the pics Spartan_X. The interface looks very clean and slick. I simply can't wait to give the Xbox 360 a go

Thanks alot for the pics Spartan_X. The interface looks very clean and slick. I simply can't wait to give the Xbox 360 a go

585948144[/snapback]

you're welcome buddy... :happy:

Good stuff, Cheers for the pics Spartan_X (Y)

585948234[/snapback]

Very nice. Thanks for sharing, Spartan. :)

585948306[/snapback]

:blush: you guys are making me blush... hehehe...

well, actually thats not all about the new UI for the Xbox 360, the skinning engine is still a work in progress and on its final stage is gonna kick @ss big time... this is just the default setting with some really nice and smooth animations in the background of each screen. as soon as I get some access to it I'll try to make a direct feed video so you guys can see it working from screen to screen and what are they for... stay tuned... :happy: :yes:

:blush:  you guys are making me blush... hehehe...

well, actually thats not all about the new UI for the Xbox 360, the skinning engine is still a work in progress and on its final stage is gonna kick @ss big time... this is just the default setting with some really nice and smooth animations in the background of each screen. as soon as I get some access to it I'll try to make a direct feed video so you guys can see it working from screen to screen and what are they for... stay tuned...  :happy:  :yes:

585948364[/snapback]

Cool, cant wait :)

Haha, I won't be able to wait for an Aqua/Pinstripe skin

It's unknown if you'll be able to stream Videos in the same way... I sure hope so.

585948116[/snapback]

You can (Y)

wow that looks sooo awesome and immersive! :)

Does anyone know any other details about xbox live? the rumor ive heard is that there is now 2 accounts, silver and gold and the only difference between the 2 is that silver you can play on live from mon-fri and gold you can play weekends as well,. and you have to pay for gold, silver is free! any news on this?