Xbox 360 User Interface

also does anyone knoe if there are external usb ports on this thing to hook up usb keyboards and mice to it!? :)

585949280[/snapback]

There are USB ports under the flap on the bottom (or right) of the unit

wow that looks sooo awesome and immersive! :)

Does anyone know any other details about xbox live?  the rumor ive heard is that there is now 2 accounts, silver and gold and the only difference between the 2 is that silver you can play on live from mon-fri and gold you can play weekends as well,. and you have to pay for gold, silver is free! any news on this?

585949274[/snapback]

yah thats right.. most of the features are on silver which is free.. but you can only play games on xbox live on weekends.. on GOLD accound you can play live anytime..

They should be clear:

You do NOT need a Media Center PC to play music and view pictures from your computer.  Any Windows XP computer with Windows Media Connect (ie. WMP 10) will work.

It's unknown if you'll be able to stream Videos in the same way... I sure hope so.

The Media Center Extender offers additional functionality, letting you experience the full Media Center interface including watching TV and using DVR functions (just like the Xbox 1 with MCX kit, or any other MCX device).

585948116[/snapback]

Oh, thats awesome... I did not know that! Where did you hear this? :)

Beh... I'd rather buy a computer than an Xbox360.

At least Sony and Nintendo (especially Nintendo) are trying to keep their console a real one, they don't want it to become a computer...

Microsoft is just reinventing the PC, that's kinda... nice for them I think.

At least Sony and Nintendo (especially Nintendo) are trying to keep their console a real one, they don't want it to become a computer...

585951829[/snapback]

The PC is a workstation, the console is the entertainment centre. I think thats the future direction of computing.

now it would be cool if microsoft ad a msn messenger inside the xboxlive that would be a success

585948934[/snapback]

i believe they confirm they were in the works of doing that, its part of the gamer tag sort of also its good way for them to steal user from other services imagine every gets free LIVE so everybody will at least try it once and you need to create a gamertag to do so

every xbox sold will just about go online, good MSN promo

but they can change what they want from now till then

585951829[/snapback]

true but you cant buy an computer with 3x 64bit g5 processors and a ATI card that has a 10 meg on board memory JUST for GPU so it dosent need to go to system ram!

that ATi card is not a PC card it may have similar features but that started from scratch by ati for a console, there is an article but dont remember where, ati explains they true differences between the 360 and the upcooming cards!

but SONY is not beign to true either they are planing to make it a multimedia hub for the living room, there plan is to have even people who dont play games to buy it (not sure how with out DVR but that from the horses mouth)

how come i cant see these images

this is what i get

Xbox 360 Dashboard: Games

user posted image

The Games panel of the Xbox 360 Dashboard lists available titles, including downloaded content, and Achievements earned in each game.

damn sucks :blink:

how come i cant see these images

this is what i get

Xbox 360 Dashboard: Games

user posted image

The Games panel of the Xbox 360 Dashboard lists available titles, including downloaded content, and Achievements earned in each game.

damn sucks  :blink:

585952737[/snapback]

Load fine here.

kids, stop saying the Xbox 360 is a G5 processor... the G5 used on Macs is based on the Power4 architecture the one used on the Xbox 360 is based on the Power5 architecture which makes bumps and circles around its predecessor... :happy: :p :yes:

kids, stop saying the Xbox 360 is a G5 processor... the G5 used on Macs is based on the Power4 architecture the one used on the Xbox 360 is based on the Power5 architecture which makes bumps and circles around its predecessor...  :happy:  :p  :yes:

585952783[/snapback]

from what i have read its a modifed G5, what is the difference to make it Power5 Architecture? Details? of how it would wrap circles around Power4?

from what i have read its a modifed G5, what is the difference to make it Power5 Architecture? Details? of how it would wrap circles around Power4?

585952791[/snapback]

you can take a look here

A clever implementation of simultaneous multithreading will allow IBM Corp.'s Power5 processor to increase performance by 40 percent compared with the Power4, while only increasing the per-core die size by about 24 percent.
While the Power4 has 80 physical registers, 120 registers will be available to programmers using the Power5, Kalla said. All registers, caches and instruction units can be shared between both threads.

there's more info around but I'm too lazy to got into details... :blush: :laugh: :rofl:

you can take a look here

there's more info around but I'm too lazy to got into details...  :blush:  :laugh:  :rofl:

585952840[/snapback]

cool thanks for the info will read now

i'd say it is a clash between... MSN Messenger 7.0, Windows Media Player 10, and xbox 360. looks excellent :)

i really really REALLY hope they keep content downloads flowing faster then xbox.

i waited almost.. 5 months for new maps on halo 2.. and only got 2 of them :angry:

i think this system will do great :)

plus! i see perfect dark zero is getting really far in development if download content is working :) and beating "xboxlive" and win a face plate.. awesome

holy crap! marble blast! I just deleted that game, it has way too many levels (I played 17 before I deleted it, and that was only beginner levels) it also has an ugly icon

holy crap! marble blast! I just deleted that game, it  has way too many levels (I played 17 before I deleted it, and that was only beginner levels) it also has an ugly icon

585955429[/snapback]

?!?!?!?!?!?!

but yeah this looks amazing...

also, i've read that the silver level of live will only be for some massively multiplayer online games.

if this is true, ,then whats the real point of giving it to us?