Quick Time 7 Windows Public Preview 3 out

Thx for the link and update :) ...but seriously anyone know when they are gonna release the "final" version of Q7?

Thx for the link and update  :) ...but seriously anyone know when they are gonna release the "final" version of Q7?

586360509[/snapback]

Good question... how long has been since QT7 was released for Mac? :(

Thanks for the update though... downloading now!

Thx for the link and update  :) ...but seriously anyone know when they are gonna release the "final" version of Q7?

586360509[/snapback]

When they figure out how to let people play 1080p h.264 video smoothly without needing insane system requirements

Those apple ******s removed all their 1080p trailers so that they dont look bad to people who are testing this out.

Thank You for the Update! (Y)

But When Oh When They Goin to Release It!

:sleep: release the final version dammit! :)

i don't see any problems with QT7 public previews 1 and 2...so what is the 3rd one for??

586360635[/snapback]

Well, I installed QT7 preview 2 two days ago and I got a bunch of errors.

for a movie player this thing is bloddy massive, deserves one of them arrow through the head smilies.

586361325[/snapback]

Agreed dead.gif

Yes I know the link, when I download it says 7.0.2 installer, my question is, are you getting that as well?

Better yet, what is the version number?

Mine says 7.0.2b20

that is what I have after installing.

Yes I know the link, when I download it says 7.0.2 installer, my question is, are you getting that as well?

Mine says 7.0.2b20

586361892[/snapback]

Same.

I haven't downloaded preview 3 yet, but from preview 1&2 the performance was horrible. If I use moonlight h.264 codec/player, I can watch 1080p trailers at full frame (24fps). However with apple's h.264codec/player, I can't even get 10fps. So apple either did not really optimize that much or it's just bloated.

The annoying thing is, after apple released the first preview, they added some stuff to 1080p trailers so its only playable with quicktime (but not with moonlight mpeg player). Luckily I saved those trailers before preview 1 came out so I can use that as benchmark for how good future quicktime 7 releases are.

Mine says 7.0.2b20

586361892[/snapback]

I just checked the installed Preview 2 I have before uninstalling and its 7.0.2a63.