MusicNow is now AOL Music Now

"From the record-breaking broadcasts of the Live 8 concerts, to the launch of XM Satellite Radio on AOL Radio, to our newest efforts through the Network Live series of concerts - online consumers and music fans can tune in anytime, anywhere, to experience, discover, and enjoy the very best and latest in music."

In a quiet move, AOL acquired the MusicNow service from Circuit City and renamed it AOL Music Now, current MusicNet on AOL subscribers can upgrade their subscriptions to the new AOL Music Now service and keep the current pricing ($8.95/month), where current Music Now subscribers will be migrated to the new service, keeping their $9.95 or $14.95 monthly service fee.

AOL Music Now is the only subscription-based service in the market that doesn't require special software to be installed in order to use the basic streaming music service, besides Windows Media Player 10.

More information: http://media.timewarner.com/media/newmedia...se_num=55254470

MusicNow is my favorite music service. AOL may not be great in people's minds, but don't let it put you off. This is an excellent service all around with artists and albums Napster / Rhapsody only wishes they had.

586777612[/snapback]

If only they start to do something about CompuServe, I hate when companies abandon their old-time supporters, CompuServe customers pay more for their service but they hardly get any new features AOL has been adding to their flagship service, their client hasn't been updated for like 5 years... (Plus the last one was a minor update to add Windows XP support...)

CompuServe? I didn;t even know they were still around lol. At this point, it may be better for them to simply consolidate under the AOL name.