Best Bit Torrent Client?

Question

?Torrent, IMO, is the best BitTorrent client available. I have never seen it go above 7mb of RAM usage and it uses very little CPU power. There is no installer for it because it is only one small executeable that is around 110KB in size.

?Torrent Homepage

I like uTorrent for it's low use of system resources, but when the tracker is down (*cough* piratebay *cough*), it's completely useless; however, Azureus has a really nice trackerless database, so you can connect and download/upload from other Azureus users and get back onto downloading.

I would say ?Torrent because of the small filesize and low system resources but I get better speeds with Bitcomet. I am sure that I could tweak ?Torrent to work correctly, but I just don't have the time.

So I would say try ?Torrent and if you aren't satisfied with speeds etc. then try Bitcomet.

S.

Add a vote to uTorrent from me. :)

My bt evolution has been from bitorrent>gtorrent>bitcomet>azureus>utorrent :whistle:

I don't use it to download pirated stuff, so I can't comment on that, but I find utorrent every bit as fast as any other client i've used, only now my resources aren't stretched. :laugh:

I used to use Azureus, now I use uTorrent. The reason I switched to uTorrent was because Azureus was taking way too much resources because of the JAVA. Also uTorrent is way faster and lighter than Azureus.

uTorrent>Azureus

There is RAM usage and then there is download speed. Don't confuse the two.

uTorrent is unbeaten in RAM usage as I don't see how a 110kb app can hog memory. But what people REALLY want to know is does it have faster speeds than X client?

?Torrent is what I use now. I used BitComet for a long time before switching since old habits die hard. I read a few of the old 'which client' threads before and saw all of the buzz. Its surprising at how good it is for being just over 100kb in size. Its even nicer when you combine it with food's icon set. I also haven't noticed any discernable differences in download speed either.