Best College Basketball Player

Best College Basketball Player this Year  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best college basketball player this year?

• JJ Reddick
    • Adam Morrison
    • Other

Neither?

Personally, I think Shelden Williams is the best player on Duke, and Randy Foye is the best player in the country.

Between Redick and Morrison though, I'd choose Morrison.

I can't choose Morrison because he has that mustache... lol

Ahhh, come on. The 'stache, the striped socks, the inside game, outside game, rebounding, passing. The guy clearly has the better all-around game. Redick might be averaging 24 ppg but look at his other stats: 1.9 asissts? 2 rebounds? He's one dimensional.

:)

Ahhh, come on. The 'stache, the striped socks, the inside game, outside game, rebounding, passing. The guy clearly has the better all-around game. Redick might be averaging 24 ppg but look at his other stats: 1.9 asissts? 2 rebounds? He's one dimensional.

:)

You are indeed right. I want to change my vote. Morrison should have recieved my vote clearly because of the 'stache.

Maybe we should get more than half-way through the season before we bring this up?

Maybe mod should add "preseason" to title and add a few more players to the poll.

And what does J.J. stand for? "Just Jumpshots"?

Yeah I also think it's too early (and too limited with jsut two players). Just because they're the early media darlings doesn't mean they're the ONLY two candidates. And I think the nickname is "Just Jumpers" (a bit different lol).

JJ's real name is Jonathan Clay :p He got the nickname JJ from his sisters when he was little.....and no one should be thinking about the player of the year until the end of the year :p

JJ's real name is Jonathan Clay :p He got the nickname JJ from his sisters when he was little

I was j/k. Only implying that he has no real basketball skills. He's just a good shooter. At least some of the great players in Duke's history have been good all-around players. Hurley, Hill, Laettner, Brand, J. Williams, Battier and on and on and on.

Sorry, I should have specified; I just wanted people to pick between these two people. I definitely realize there are others that could take this award.

I was j/k. Only implying that he has no real basketball skills. He's just a good shooter. At least some of the great players in Duke's history have been good all-around players. Hurley, Hill, Laettner, Brand, J. Williams, Battier and on and on and on.

Well, I'd say shooting is a "basketball skill." This kid is simply amazing. You can't argue with his shot percentages.

• 4 weeks later...

Why does it feel like we already had a discussion on this topic? lol

Morrison IMO. Here's why:

Even though he's improved at it J.J. still doesn't create his own shot with enough frequency for my liking. He'll more often use some screens and just catch and shoot. Morrsion has a much better all around game.

Lots of Redick's high point totals so far this season are gotten in games in which Duke is blowing someone out. Easy to continue popping 3s when you're running up the score on someone, a la his 40 point game yesterday. Morrison's points matter more. Plus, how many game winners has J.J. hit this year in the clutch? Probably hasn't had many opportunities but I can think of at least three games that I've seen Morrison win for the Zags. I don't even know how many I missed.

I gotta go with JJ. I haven't seen Morrison play as much, but when i have, he hasn't impressed me.

Not that he wasn't a great player - he certainly is a great player. But JJ seems to have something about him that makes him seem like a great player IMHO.

Oh, and the game yesterday (against Virginia) - he was not just draining threes while running up the score. He had something like 11 of their first 16 points and 17 of their first 25. I don't know the real numbers but he had more than 50% of Duke's points for a long time. Regardless of the point spread between the teams, you can't call it running up the score when its an ACC opponent (granted, one picked to finish last in the ACC) and its still the first half.

i would pick morrison all the way. redick has never been clutch. morrison's hit more big shots/game tying or winning shots this first half of the season than redicks hit his whole career. heck, the only reason we are talking about redick is because of espn. his fg% is up this year though, i'll give him that. still, i don't see duke making the finals this year.

i would pick morrison all the way. redick has never been clutch. morrison's hit more big shots/game tying or winning shots this first half of the season than redicks hit his whole career. heck, the only reason we are talking about redick is because of espn. his fg% is up this year though, i'll give him that. still, i don't see duke making the finals this year.

Of course you don't see them making the finals nor do you see Redick as the better player. You dislike Duke, so you will always criticize and pick against them ;)

:blink: wasn't there already a thread on this.....like here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...13668&hl=Redick :whistle: and it is still too early in the year

Ah I thought so. I jsut didn't look for the original topic lol. And well now we're about a month and a half away from March Madness and well into conference play so I think the debate can begin. The two of them have pretty much stayed above the rest of the pack.