Best College Basketball Player

Best College Basketball Player this Year  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best college basketball player this year?

• JJ Reddick
    • Adam Morrison
    • Other

Of course you don't see them making the finals nor do you see Redick as the better player. You dislike Duke, so you will always criticize and pick against them ;)

but my reasons are well justified, pure hatred or not ;)

but my reasons are well justified, pure hatred or not ;)

I never said they weren't, I was just simply stating how your reasons tend to be influenced in one way or another by your hatred of Duke ;)

• 1 month later...

Ahhh, come on. The 'stache, the striped socks, the inside game, outside game, rebounding, passing. The guy clearly has the better all-around game. Redick might be averaging 24 ppg but look at his other stats: 1.9 asissts? 2 rebounds? He's one dimensional.

Adam Morrison IS an awesome player. But what teams has he beaten?? They have yet to play a ranked team in 2006. They have only played 4 games this season against currently ranked teams, and in those games they are batting .500. JJ's game is one-dimensional, so it should be easier for defenses to stop him. But he's not. You dont break the records he does and not have "basketball skills." I would love to see Morrison step in and play for a real basketball conference. Oh, and by the way...Does anyone even know what state Gonzaga is in???

Personally, I think Shelden Williams is the best player on Duke, and Randy Foye is the best player in the country.

Guess what? I agree with you. Shelden Williams has carried Duke in the past 3 games (even J.J. said it after beating GT) and look at yesterday. Shelden fouls out and Duke loses the game because he wasn't there.

I must say Randy Foye is one of the best in country and I like him simply because he was in my Biology class back in high school :p But in all reality, Foye's numbers are good all across the board ranging from PPG to steals.

reddick sucks....last 4 games:

5-21

3-10

10-28

and tonight so far-5-21.

definitely not player of the year numbers to me. i could see a bad game every now in then, but he's in a slump now.

Dee Brown. hehe..I'm a Homer.

OSKEEWAWA !

I love Dee but Morrison gets the nod. Damn good win at MSU tonight

Terrence Dials

He'll probably win BT POY but won't get any votes for national POY.

I think J.J. has effectively given away the award with his last four games. Talk about a bad time to go into a slump. Being a Heels fan I'm happy about it but Duke bettter hope he finds his game again.

I vote 'other' for Randy Foye.

Why? Well I believe the Player of the Year should go to more than just the leading scorers. If that's the case then Luis Flores should have won it 2 years straight. ESPN loves Redick for being a Dukie and loves Morrison for the "great white hype", which is why we only hear about these two. They are great college basketball players but Foye is my vote. Can't argue with 20 ppg, 5 reb, and 3 asst averages for the season.

I also love Brandon Roy of Washington. Oh well.

Oh, and by the way...Does anyone even know what state Gonzaga is in???

Washington.

And just because he plays for a school that doesn't have the history or the exposure that other schools have doesn't mean a player should be excluded from the conversation.

Randy Foye?? from Newark?? I live about 20 minutes drive from Newark (Piscataway) and I gotta say, hes not even in this conversation. Hes a nice player.....nice but not great.

J.J. Redick all the way.

:D

Randy Foye?? from Newark?? I live about 20 minutes drive from Newark (Piscataway) and I gotta say, hes not even in this conversation. Hes a nice player.....nice but not great.

I live 3 minutes from his high school ;)