Beta Testing My Site

Question

Hi Guys,

Anyone fancy testing my system?

Username is tester@howz-trix.co.uk and test1ng is the password will get you in to the admin area via the following url.

Admin Panel

Also if you could register as general users and then try placing orders and stuff.

If you get any errors could you take a screen shot/ or post the messages here.

Really appreciate this as the system is being implemented for beta testing for my first customers next weekend so I need to iron out the major bugs before then.

NOTE The reports and some of the ordering parts of the system are still under development so basicly dont waste your time on those area's......

Content, page creation and user side fo things is pretty much done (except for the order history) so have a play and let me know what you think.

TIA for your help its really appreciated!

Neo

Make a page, make a new section to the catalogue add products whatever you like.

Do you think the relationship within the catalogue is clear?

section > category > range > item type > product < brand

Oh yeah and the search hasn't been written yet :blush:

Basicly im looking for people to try and do stuff with it, if your not able to pick it up quickly then Im doing something wrong.

When your logged in as an admin go back to the homepage and you will see edit links here and there which will let you edit certain components of the current page.

The admin menu at the top will do both general functions but when your viewing the site the links like edit content will take you to the content of the current page but if your in the admin area they will default to the home page etc.

To view statistics for an individual product you will need to navigate to the product in question and then click the statistics link from the admin menu.

Im keen to see what people think of it :D

Ah the problems with the text missing is generally because I recently trimmed down the langauge file so thanks for spotting those.

Id completely forgot about listing the maximum characters etc will deffinetly do that!

Neo

Keep up the good work :yes:

Well firstly can I just say thankyou to everyone that took some of their time to take a look round the system. I have to say its given me a good insight as to where I need to focus the documentation.

Correct me if Im wrong but did anyone actually manage to create a page and add content to it? I found a product and a couple of pages with meta data but I couldn't see any content?

Wizzy World - Where you aware that you could have uploaded an image for your product? The process isn't great as the pop up for the images doesn't close and refresh the main page (yet) but you can add images to the products.

Did anyone have a play with the Product Links? And did anyone register as a user and try to place an order?

Thanks again for the help!

Neo

On the login page the Tab key takes me from the email text box to a link - I typed in the password before realising I needed to press Tab again to go to the Password box.

I created a page called Jim Testing, then had to go back to Page Administrator, find it, then click Edit to get the box to enter the content. If possible - making this a Next -> or 2 out of 2 step might be cool.

I love the design, and it seems to have all the right features. What's the plan with it?

Edit: Found an error here.

I see what you mean, I think I should put a content link for each page (to the listing your taken back to when you create a new page)

The plan is to create a suite of 5 programs under the brand 'trix' and under the name of www.howz-trix.co.uk:

shop-trix: www.shop-trix.co.uk A shopping cart system which already has 2 clients lined up for implementation in the next fortnight.

site-trix: www.site-trix.co.uk A basic website CMS which can be intergrated with the shop-trix.

club-trix: www.club-trix.co.uk A club management system for sports groups which can be intergrated with the shop-trix.

clan-trix: www.clan-trix.co.uk Which will be a gaming clan system with the main client being www.en1gma-gaming.net (also run by me) which will be running an online gaming event/ladder from this June/July. Individual players/clans can sign up and ?5 every 6 months and they get access to public and match servers.

They will also be offered site hosting an a smaller dicounted version of the clan-trix. Features include player signup and individual player stats accumilated on the en1gma-servers.

Unlike most ladders fixtures will be arranged by the system on the first day (clans get 2 league matches a week for 10 weeks (they just chose a time to suite). Each season will have cash prizes funded by sponsors and the systems themselves.

So basicly this system is the first of 4 designed to raise money for a counterstrike soruce (and other games)

event/ladder. All Opensource / minimum donation of ?10.

Bet you wish you hadn't asked dont ya:laugh:h: Neob>

Hi Guys,

Just to mention I've fixed a few of the bugs and implemented a fulltext search so see what you think to that and again I really appreciate the feedback on this :blush:

Neo

Oops forgot to mention if anyone wants to get invloved with this project or the others in return for god like status and some free stuff down the line visit Howz-Trix Forum and sign-up or just PM here or whatever.

That also goes for translators and stuff but thats on an old post :yes: Translation List

Ok fixed a small bug onthe statistics section (if someone visited between midnight and 1am it was throwing out the loop that displays the statistics for an individual day).

Im going to try and implement some additional joins on the search this morning to associate products to brands, items etc because currently there treated as seperate searches.

Neo

Looks nice and clean.. small bug tough: (good old one tough) The menu's don't overlap an selection box. The only way to fix this is to hide the box when a menu is displayed and unhide once it's gone

ow and income report for today shows .. well .... nothing :\

:pinch: Reports are on the end of the list of things still to do but here's an up-to-date list :

- Reports

- Order Confirmation Email

- Product Option Box Management (you may notice all products use the same boxes where you will be able to - - make custom ones for each product)

- Registration Emails (I think I havn't done that? Anyone confirm that for me :blush:)

- Paypal Payment (booked for testing on Sunday with my first client)

Ok I have an SQL question lol....

SELECT id,
((MATCH (description) AGAINST ('+Nike')*7) + 
 (MATCH (name) AGAINST ('+Nike')*9) + 
 (MATCH(description) AGAINST('Nike*')*5) + 
 (MATCH(name) AGAINST('Nike*')*5) ) AS strength 
 FROM product 
 WHERE status = 'ON' 
 AND (
	  (MATCH (description) AGAINST ('Nike' IN BOOLEAN MODE)) 
 OR (MATCH (name) AGAINST ('Nike' IN BOOLEAN MODE)) 
 OR (MATCH(description) AGAINST('Nike*5' IN BOOLEAN MODE)) 
 OR (MATCH(name) AGAINST('Nike*5' IN BOOLEAN MODE))) 
 GROUP BY id HAVING strength &gt; 0 
 ORDER by strength DESC

Basicly I want to link the brand table to this query so it displays products with the associated brand of 'Nike'.

The 2 tables link by brand.id = product.brand_id and the name and description of the brand are the fields available for FULLTEXT.

I tried a LEFT JOIN with the MATCH of brand.description and brand.name as an OR statement at the end so event there was no mention of the brand in the product it would still show up because it is associated but it didn't seem to work....

Any help would be appreciated, and its not a major requirement I just thought it would make the search better to link in the brand?

Neo

Firstly I like to say great work Neo.Trix!

I will like to talk to you about your shopping cart system you are developing...

If you got MSN, can you please add me gerry@lblueplanet.com.au...