Beta Testing My Site

Question

Hi Guys,

Anyone fancy testing my system?

Username is tester@howz-trix.co.uk and test1ng is the password will get you in to the admin area via the following url.

Admin Panel

Also if you could register as general users and then try placing orders and stuff.

If you get any errors could you take a screen shot/ or post the messages here.

Really appreciate this as the system is being implemented for beta testing for my first customers next weekend so I need to iron out the major bugs before then.

NOTE The reports and some of the ordering parts of the system are still under development so basicly dont waste your time on those area's......

Content, page creation and user side fo things is pretty much done (except for the order history) so have a play and let me know what you think.

TIA for your help its really appreciated!

Neo

:pinch: Reports are on the end of the list of things still to do but here's an up-to-date list :

- Reports

- Order Confirmation Email

- Product Option Box Management (you may notice all products use the same boxes where you will be able to - - make custom ones for each product)

- Registration Emails (I think I havn't done that? Anyone confirm that for me :blush:)

- Paypal Payment (booked for testing on Sunday with my first client)

Ok I have an SQL question lol....

SELECT id,
((MATCH (description) AGAINST ('+Nike')*7) + 
 (MATCH (name) AGAINST ('+Nike')*9) + 
 (MATCH(description) AGAINST('Nike*')*5) + 
 (MATCH(name) AGAINST('Nike*')*5) ) AS strength 
 FROM product 
 WHERE status = 'ON' 
 AND (
	  (MATCH (description) AGAINST ('Nike' IN BOOLEAN MODE)) 
 OR (MATCH (name) AGAINST ('Nike' IN BOOLEAN MODE)) 
 OR (MATCH(description) AGAINST('Nike*5' IN BOOLEAN MODE)) 
 OR (MATCH(name) AGAINST('Nike*5' IN BOOLEAN MODE))) 
 GROUP BY id HAVING strength > 0 
 ORDER by strength DESC

Basicly I want to link the brand table to this query so it displays products with the associated brand of 'Nike'.

The 2 tables link by brand.id = product.brand_id and the name and description of the brand are the fields available for FULLTEXT.

I tried a LEFT JOIN with the MATCH of brand.description and brand.name as an OR statement at the end so event there was no mention of the brand in the product it would still show up because it is associated but it didn't seem to work....

Any help would be appreciated, and its not a major requirement I just thought it would make the search better to link in the brand?

Neo

Could you post the structure of the two tables and explain a little more what fields you are trying to select?

Brand
Field							Type
id							 int(11)
name						  varchar(30) 	 
description   				text
status				   enum('On', 'Off')
published_date	  datetime
last_modified			   datetime

Field							 Type   	
id							 int(11)
brand_id				 int(11)
name						  varchar(50)
rrp							 float(9,2)
price							float(9,2)
description				 text
quantity				  int(11)
status				   enum('On', 'Off')
published_date	  datetime
last_modified				datetime
item_id				  int(11) 

Simply I want to do text search on brand name and then asscoiate products which match the brand_id of those returned... But the one I tried didn't work :cry:

Of course :D

Ok no worries atleast im more certain that I wont be doing it backwards if I dont manage it in one :)

Thanx for looking at it for me.

Neo

Hi Guys,

I've implemented the product option boxes although I still need to do the error handling you can try it out if you want.

View a product on the main site and select to edit it, then select the Manage Options link which should appear on the right hand side. Select the type of box you want (only 2 available im afraid) and away you go.

Neo

I've put the error handling in and fixed a few bugs with the product options and a few other bits and peices so if anyone fancies a play feel free.

Any other feedback is welcomed as this system is going live with its first client at the end of next week :cool:

Hi Everybody,

The reporting on income has been implemented (not fully tested yet) in a graphical view at the momment but what sort of things would people want in a textual representation that they could print out?

Anyone fancy testing the system?

Username is tester@howz-trix.co.uk and test1ng is the password will get you in to the admin area via the following url.

Admin Panel

Neo

Hey this is pretty cool, what are the main differences between the free and retail versions? Also when does the product launch I am definately interested.

From a purely marketing point of view i think the -trix part of your naming scheme does not inspire confidence in your brand, it seems cheesy and unprofessional. The logo you have in your sig, which i presume relates to your collective sites is not good either. You are clearly mimicing the glyphs from the matrix, but doing so in multi colors on a distracting background just doesn't work. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but i felt it needed to be said.

/k

Hey this is pretty cool, what are the main differences between the free and retail versions? Also when does the product launch I am definately interested.

Launches with an installer included in about 2 weeks, but if you want to Beta test the installer I will contact you next week? (doing the documentation at the momment)

The main differences will be the retail will be set up with Paypal Instant Payment Notification where as the free one will just be set up to work with donation/payment buttons.

The other differences will be a more suitable menu structure (yet to be developed) for large qunatities of products and I've yet to decide what else.......

Edited by Neo.Trix

From a purely marketing point of view i think the -trix part of your naming scheme does not inspire confidence in your brand, it seems cheesy and unprofessional. The logo you have in your sig, which i presume relates to your collective sites is not good either. You are clearly mimicing the glyphs from the matrix, but doing so in multi colors on a distracting background just doesn't work. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but i felt it needed to be said.

/k

It was a bit harsh but I will take it on board and explain the reasons behind the decisions I have made.

The images your talking about are my sig and the intial paper thin branding I had come up with, so dont take them too seriously. And although you didn't like them you could see what I was trying to do which is half the battle. The differrent colours and the similar but different matrix code lettering are an attempt to follow a similar branding as Macromedia where it has the instantly recognisable green logo for dreamweaver, the red f for flash etc.

I have a group of chaps off Neowin who have offered to help me make some decent branding here

The -trix is a gimmic, if it sounds unproffesional then the impression given by the sites will have to be just that little bit the better to sway them to think otherwise. But it was a a brand that was more or less available and the domains for the systems (clan, shop, club, site and howz) where available. Im top ranked for howz-trix on google the site doesn't have anything on it yet.... im third for shop-trix.

The idea for these systems is to generate some funds for a gaming site, this isn't to form a serious development company just yet, not until I get some serious demand for the system. Thankyou for your input :yes:

So basically if you have the free one you have to rely on clients to actually donate money to get a product instead of them actually purchasing a product?

defeats having a shop front for some. but i spose if your out to show off your work and are looking for donations for something uve made then fine.

are you sure you want to charge straight up $200 for the first peice of major software your about to release?

No mate thats not what I mean.

IPN you get a communication between your site and Paypal to confirm they payed correctly.

With my basic set-up you have a button at the end of the order process that says buy now and it will just take them to paypal to pay the money. For you to confirm they've payed you will have to go into paypal manually where as with the retaal version it will automatically update the order status to paid etc

$200 isn't set in stone I just put up there as an idea.

I see I'm likeing the idea of this more and more... I'd love to be apart of the beta. I'd definately use your product and if I found it worthy enough after trialing the free version for a while I may even purchase it. You can contact me by emailing me at dark.yoshi [@] hotmail.com

I wouldn't say spam, I was simpy bumping it without saying ^bump^

But anyway I have a question and this post is as good as any to ask it in.

Does anyone know how to make a Flash countdown bit like the arsenal countdown for leaving Highbury? Where i would pass the current time which it would then use to count down?

I'd really like one for the www.en1gma-gaming.site.... which is going to be part funded by the SHOP-Trix system.