Driver: Nvidia 81.98 (WHQL)

ForceWare Release 80

Version: 81.98

Release Date: February 7, 2006

WHQL Certified

* WHQL Certified

* Adds support for GeForce 7800 GS AGP

* Application compatibility fixes. For a full list of fixed and known issues please view the Release Notes.

* Mixed vendor support for NVIDIA SLI.

* TV-Out/HD-out support for NVIDIA SLI.

* Added support for VSync on Direct3D games when running NVIDIA SLI.

* Performance enhancements for dual-core CPUs.

* PureVideo high definition MPEG-2 de-interlacing support.

* Usability enhancements when connecting to an HDTV.

* Microsoft? DirectX? 9.0c and OpenGL? 2.0 support

Source / Download: nVIDIA

I've been using this driver for months now... And it is also WHQL certified.

Weird.

True. And i downloaded it from www.nvidia.com

Although Nvidia's site states this is their newest release. Maybe you've been using beta versions which then got updated, but as of 7th Feb. these are the latest WHQL official drivers from Nvidia.

P.S.

Why do people always exaggerate the word 'months'...anyways.

True. And i downloaded it from www.nvidia.com

I know they had it in the beta section, yes I have been using it for 4 days, contrary to the date at nvidia.com

Odd they dated it as yesterday.

P.S.

Because it is months. I downloaded it on my PC on the 21st of December.

It seems they've only just decided to make it publicly available. Weird.

eh? Like others on here I've been using it since the 21st December...

...well I'm on 82.12 now, but I used to use it.

P.S.

Were not. I got these on Dec. 21 I believe. Certified and everything. I would take a screenshot but it won't prove that I have had them since December.

Ah, so about 4-6 weeks, lol - whenever I see the word months, people usually mean 3-4 months. But yeah, now they're official and nvidia has updated their site (they took their time didn't they).

Is there any H.264 performance improvement on this release ??

Coz i had very poor performance when playing HD movies.

thats comming in version 85 driver. it will be build in. not to long now.

i been using 83.40 WHQL

Whats the best way to update drivers, is it fine to just install them as they are, or do i need to do a bunch of other stuff??

edit: I already have these drivers too.. had them for months.

The 82.12 driver is the earliest driver to support the 6800GS AGP. When I saw the subject of this thread, I was like, "this has to be an old thread"... I was certain 81.98 has been out for a while. Apparently NVIDIA just simply refreshed the driver, adding a few fixes and such and then re-released it. There is another WHQL driver (83.40) for those who want stable 6800GS support. I use that one myself right now. It blows my mind how NVIDIA adds official support to the 7800GS AGP days after it's released but still no support for 6800GS AGP over a month after it first came out.

The 82.12 driver is the earliest driver to support the 6800GS AGP. When I saw the subject of this thread, I was like, "this has to be an old thread"... I was certain 81.98 has been out for a while. Apparently NVIDIA just simply refreshed the driver, adding a few fixes and such and then re-released it. There is another WHQL driver (83.40) for those who want stable 6800GS support. I use that one myself right now. It blows my mind how NVIDIA adds official support to the 7800GS AGP days after it's released but still no support for 6800GS AGP over a month after it first came out.

I Couldn't agree more (Y).. Right now I'm using 82.12 they work fine and all but I'd like a Official Release..