Dell BUYS Alienware

To: Dell Team Worldwide

Today we signed a definitive agreement to acquire Alienware to further expand our portfolio of high-performance PC solutions. Alienware is a successful, high-growth company with a highly respected brand.

Dell?s XPS products and Alienware?s products complement each other to address a wider range of enthusiast and high-performance PC customers. The acquisition of Alienware will enhance our commitment to customers seeking extreme performance. Overall, customers benefit from us offering a wider choice of products in this category, including the best performance, product options and value. We believe that Alienware and Dell have excellent cultural alignment, as both companies were founded on the direct business model.

Since this contains sensitive information, I wont post the whole thing.

Wow.... Didn't see that one coming since they denied it a few days ago.

Alot still has to be ironed out. It should take 30 to 60 days according to the email.

Actually, Dell wont advertise Alienwares products and they wont advertise Dells. All Dell wants to do is:

provide our expertise in supply chain management and logistics

So to the public they will be two seperate entities but behind closed doors, Dell controls everything.

That means... Dell now offer AMD-based systems :)

ROFL exactly what I was thinking :D

OH NOES, Intel is going to kill Dell's bulk discount for shipping only Intel Processors, rofl. Hopefully this means that Dell will start moving AMD's from Alienware only to their other OEM lines. Not even thinking about performance aspect at all, but it would be great to have more competiton...AKA lower prices :)

ROFL exactly what I was thinking :D

OH NOES, Intel is going to kill Dell's bulk discount for shipping only Intel Processors, rofl. Hopefully this means that Dell will start moving AMD's from Alienware only to their other OEM lines. Not even thinking about performance aspect at all, but it would be great to have more competiton...AKA lower prices :)

Uless they change plans, I am about 99.999% sure that the systems wont change. Trust me on this one... :whistle:

That means... Dell now offer AMD-based systems :)

They won't...they can chnage it to Intel because Intel and Dell are the best together! WOOT GO INTEL AND DELL!!! :devil:

Dell and Alienware will be separate entities

then what was the point in Dell buying the company if they don't want to integrate it into their offering.

then what was the point in Dell buying the company if they don't want to integrate it into their offering.

so that when someone asks does dell sell this uber system, they can say "yes, It's one our brands, we call it :alien: ware."

Uless they change plans, I am about 99.999% sure that the systems wont change. Trust me on this one... :whistle:

Since I tool, like "C" work for Dell, I can tell you that you won't see Dell using AMD - not because they don't want to, but because AMD can not keep up with the order demand that Dell requires - over 200,000 procs per shift - AMD cant keep up - its the only reason that Dell hasn't used AMD in the past.

As far as Alien - Dell doesn't plan on bringing the lines together - they wanted a piece of the custom market - You'll probably actualy see Dell stop selling the XPS line if I had to bet.

Guess time will tell -

Norfus

Alienware with exclusive Blu-Ray drives.

Well, not so exclusive anymore - are they? Look for them in the Dell line -

Correct me if im wrong, but to me it seems like just like Dell, Alienware basically has a custom case with parts they buy, put together, mark up and sell to the consumer. Isnt this Dell's own business model? And if so, what have they gained? Apart from a name brand (not to many) and getting rid of a little competition against their own XPS brand? I just dont get it,

Correct me if im wrong, but to me it seems like just like Dell, Alienware basically has a custom case with parts they buy, put together, mark up and sell to the consumer. Isnt this Dell's own business model? And if so, what have they gained? Apart from a name brand (not to many) and getting rid of a little competition against their own XPS brand? I just dont get it,

lol exactly.

Basically these aquisitions are for long term gain. Dell buys Alienware for x amount of dollars. Dell uses its power to further promote the Alienware brand, Alienware sales rise, Alienware profits rise. Since Alienware belongs to Dell; Dell's profits rise.

This also expands Dell's reach beyond the typical home PC and now enters into the custom gaming, upscale, extreme PC. Just another market share Dell probably would never reach with its name. Imagine someone who would buy an Alienware, you think they'd even consider a Dell? They would be some Ub3r n00b if they bought a Dell... serously!

Since I tool, like "C" work for Dell, I can tell you that you won't see Dell using AMD - not because they don't want to, but because AMD can not keep up with the order demand that Dell requires - over 200,000 procs per shift - AMD cant keep up - its the only reason that Dell hasn't used AMD in the past.

As far as Alien - Dell doesn't plan on bringing the lines together - they wanted a piece of the custom market - You'll probably actualy see Dell stop selling the XPS line if I had to bet.

Guess time will tell -

:yes: (Y)

I never expected this ever. I like the Alienware PCs. They look good, and they perform excellent (I wish I had one :( ).

I know that Dell's PCs are cheaper and they're only slightly worse than the Alienware PCs but I think that they will get cheaper now that Dell have taken over.