Bill Gates transitioning out of company

I was just fixing to post this...I can't believe it. I wonder who's gonna be in charge? :huh:

BTW, there's no article yet. It was just sent out as an MSNBC alert. I'm sure there will be more about it soon.

I was just fixing to post this...I can't believe it. I wonder who's gonna be in charge? :huh:

Ray Ozzie will take the role of Chief Software Architect

Eh...I thought he was stepping down as the chairman or something major like that. Wow....there are like 3-4 threads about this already.

"Bill Gates will transition out of a day-to-day role in Microsoft effective July 2008 to spend more time on his global health and education work at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and will continue to serve as the company?s chairman and an advisor on key development projects. Ray Ozzie assumes the title of chief software architect and will begin working side by side with Gates on all technical architecture and product oversight responsibilities, while Craig Mundie takes the new title of chief research and strategy officer and will work closely with Gates to assume his responsibility for the company?s research and incubation efforts."

Good.... Maybe then we will see some much needed changes at Microsoft!

Maybe this is an indication that Vista or some other future product really sucks and BillG wants to be out of the way when the negative reviews start pouring in...

Eh...I thought he was stepping down as the chairman or something major like that. Wow....there are like 3-4 threads about this already.

yeah...i mean, he's still technically head of the company....just not in a day-to-day position like the CSA requires...

So...Mr G is no longer the Big Cheese anymore?

yes, he still is...

Eyyy Neowin had this up on its front page 6 minutes before the Reuters article was syndicated and 14 minutes before the BBC... go us!

Maybe this is an indication that Vista or some other future product really sucks and BillG wants to be out of the way when the negative reviews start pouring in...

Or maybe he has been for awhile hinting that he wants to work closer with his charity foundation? No.. that can't be it. :wacko: :whistle:

Ummm...no. He's still the Chairman, after all - he's not cutting all ties.