ATI Tells NVIDIA "Writing is on the Wall"

ATI just released the July Street News Flash, which was published in response to the recent news of an AMD takeover. There are just too many good quotes in this one, so we thought we'd just quote the whole news flash in its entirety:

On ATI's Intel License: There is no truth to the rumor that Intel has pulled ATI's chipset license. We continue to ship Intel chipsets under license.

On AMD's commitment to GPUs: The merger with AMD reinforces ATI's position as the world's best GPU supplier. AMD is absolutely committed to maintaining and extending that leadership. The merger gives access to AMD technologies and resources - for example, custom memory design - which will raise performance and reduce costs, further increasing ATI's competitiveness. Also, AMD has been extraordinarily effective in the channel, and access to their know-how, experience, and network, will be a powerful plus for ATI.

On Intel platforms: AMD acquired ATI so it could be the world's number one graphics processor supplier. AMD is absolutely committed to supporting graphics on Intel platforms. Hector Ruiz, AMD's CEO, made this completely clear on the conference call that announced the merger. He stated that AMD wanted to increase choice in the market, and that included ATI graphics on an Intel platform.

On the gift to Nvidia: Nvidia has seen the writing on the wall, and doesn't like what it's saying. The PC market is a tough place to be without any friends. ATI now has all the resources of AMD behind it, and will be producing faster, more compact GPUs and reaching the channel more effectively than ever before. Nvidia's words are bravado, designed to confuse the market while the company tries to find a way to compete now that it's standing alone.

Of course, we also reported that the ATI-Intel cross-license agreement was still in place yesterday.

Source

:devil:

^ Is that some kind of sick joke?

Good response. nVIDIA compares ATi to to 3dfx and claims to have no competition... ATi will show them during the DirectX 10 era they can fight

it's not like nvidia is suffering where they are right now and even if they were to go under real bad somehow, a ton of companies would like to buy them i'm sure. they would be a good aqusition for MS or intel honestly so Nvidia has nothing to worry about imo.

Warning nvidia fan.

I just hope that this doesn't make it a one co market. I hate that even if I don't like the competition. I'm talking long term here, I know it doesn't right away.

Warning nvidia fan.

I just hope that this doesn't make it a one co market. I hate that even if I don't like the competition. I'm talking long term here, I know it doesn't right away.

If things start getting rough for the long-term, expect not a merger, but a close partnership between nVidia and Intel.

it's not like nvidia is suffering where they are right now and even if they were to go under real bad somehow, a ton of companies would like to buy them i'm sure. they would be a good aqusition for MS or intel honestly so Nvidia has nothing to worry about imo.

Nvidia is not in a bad position, atleast in the short term. Long term is tricky because both Intel and AMD will be going down the route of GPU side of things.

If things start getting rough for the long-term, expect not a merger, but a close partnership between nVidia and Intel.

Never know.

I think ATI is ganna use the AMD tactic...High quality, low price. It's going to cut the tendons off the back of NVIDIA's legs like AMD did to Intel.

Might not completely drive them down, but will cause some serious problems.

Nvidia makes way better graphic cards for games. ATI have always needed some gay patch or the other, remember half life 2....

I have always opted for nvidia over ati, and I will always continue to do so.

This is going to be really a bad thing for amd and ati... An no i'm not a intel fanboy or any crap like that... But if u read alot of the other stories going around online about how the intel graphics card is what's killing the PC gaming world...

Now if intel took over nvidia.. That means that nvidia would start to have alot more sells then ATI and amd put together.. Alot of the OEM pc's out there run a intel cpu and crap ass graphics card.. There would be alot more sells for the OEM pc's, just because of the nvidia graphics card will be in all of them OEM systems..

But if u read alot of the other stories going around online about how the intel graphics card is what's killing the PC gaming world...

Don't listen to that bull****. Just because intel sells its graphics cards on its motherboards, it doesnt mean you cannot install another graphic card. Intel's motherboards are generally used in businesses, not gaming. If you want a gaming board go buy Asus or something. Mark, epic games "janitor", is an idiot.

I have an OEM laptop, came with a choice of either:

- ATI x600

- Nvidia 6800 Go

I took the nvidia 6800 go.

A lot of the gaming oriented pcs will come without an intel card. Just because people like to go and buy the cheapest computer they see does not make it intels fault.

Probably right, nVidia isn't a stupid company so I'm sure they will be fine.

The merger with AMD reinforces ATI's position as the world's best GPU supplier.

That's the funniest thing I have read all day. Perhaps they make quality hardware, but there drivers sure suck. :x

That's the funniest thing I have read all day. Perhaps they make quality hardware, but there drivers sure suck. sick.gif
yes especially in the open source world.

All this is good news for the consumer, all this should bring down the price on GPU's and possibly CPU's .

I wanna see price wars with GPUs next!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, please! Selling newer, but not ground breaking GPU's at prices of well over $500 needs to be diminished just like the prices of CPU's have come down recently. To me, its the only market that competition needs to kick in at high speed so prices can lower a tad.

All this is good news for the consumer, all this should bring down the price on GPU's and possibly CPU's .

The prices of CPU's have lowered dramatically already :p

We actually discuss nvidia's position in the upcoming NeowinCAST. I brought up this exact issue of not having any friends at the moment.

AMD should have bought nVidia, now THAT would make a good team.

ATI is MUCH worse than nVidia.

With the quad-core Intel coming out, I just might ditch AMD and go for Intel/nVidia, I'll make my decision when the benchmarks comes out, and prices are released.

You who complain about the driver support...

I'm confident it will improve drastically with AMD on board, and don't forget the Open Source field. AMD has been much better supporter of OpenSource than Linux and far more than Intel... You will get your Linux drivers now.

AMD should have bought nVidia, now THAT would make a good team.

ATI is MUCH worse than nVidia.

With the quad-core Intel coming out, I just might ditch AMD and go for Intel/nVidia, I'll make my decision when the benchmarks comes out, and prices are released.

I don't think they could afford it