WoW: Burning Crusade Collectors Edition Announced

We're happy to announce that World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade will ship in standard as well as Collector's Edition packages. The Collector's Edition will come in a special box that contains many exclusive extras to enhance your adventure into Outland, including:

• World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade on both CD and DVD

• World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Behind-the-Scenes DVD

• The Art of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Hardcover Art Book

• Exclusive In-Game Pet: Netherwhelp

• Two World of Warcraft Trading Card Game Starter Packs, plus Exclusive Cards

• Map of Outland Mouse Pad

• World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Soundtrack CD

• The behind-the-scenes DVD will offer more than two hours worth of developer interviews and commentary on all aspects of the creation of The Burning Crusade, as well as trailers and cinematics from the game, and even footage of panel discussions from BlizzCon.

Collector's Edition owners will also be able to take their adventures from the computer to the tabletop, with two starter packs for the new World of Warcraft Trading Card Game -- one for themselves and one to share with a friend. In addition, Collector's Edition owners will receive three exclusive tournament-legal World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards to incorporate in their decks or trade with other World of Warcraft TCG players.

With the Collector's Edition-exclusive in-game pet, the netherwhelp, you'll be the envy of your guildmates and other players as you roam the expanses of Outland and Azeroth. We'll post an image of the netherwhelp, offspring of the nether drake flying mount, in the near future.

A soundtrack CD with stirring music from the expansion pack, a beautiful coffee table book with exclusive concept art, and an Outland-themed mouse pad round out the wealth of bonus items available in the Collector's Edition of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. Further details on the contents, as well as pricing and availability info, will be announced at a later date.

Taken from WoW Site. Sounds awesome for the all the diahard fans out there.

Regardz :)

Edited by Benjo85au

Is this all for $70? If so, I'm definitely preordering that, considering I got the Collector's Editions of PDZ and Oblivion, both with way less in it than that at the same price.

Blizzard is really milking WoW.

Well, they've always made collectors editions like this since way before WoW....I have the Warcraft 3 one...

Also, wouldn't you?!

Kind of feel bad for WoW players at this point, especially with the expansion being pushed back into 2007.

Nov 28th is whats floating around, they would be out of their minds to push it back to 2k7.

Mid to late November was the target date, however its slipped into next year. A bunch of retailers (Including places like Best Buy) got information passed down from their corporate centers to pull all promotional materials and presales because of the slip into 2007.

Cool! I got the original WoW: Collector's Editon, I am planning to get this one as well. Would be nice to have to as book holders since the original is large and heavy! :D

Mid to late November was the target date, however its slipped into next year. A bunch of retailers (Including places like Best Buy) got information passed down from their corporate centers to pull all promotional materials and presales because of the slip into 2007.

Called my friend up and hes in the media Dept at one of the BB's here and they are still under the assumption its the 28th, havent heard anything about a slip into 2007

No. They're still advertising everywhere here for a Nov. release date.

have you seen thenew soutpark where they say ppl that pplay starcraft have no life...guess what...ITS TRUEEEEEEEEE

Yeah, and people insulting others on a kiddy tech forum board are just the pinacle of the social elite. :rolleyes:

If it's pushed back, they probably have a good reason. I'll be getting this as well.

untill its on the wow forum in blue text i call BS

I heard they were aiming for late 2006 with the expansion release, beta hasn't started yet either so who knows what their plans are.

I'll definitely be getting this to go with my other CE. :D

have you seen thenew soutpark where they say ppl that pplay starcraft have no life...guess what...ITS TRUEEEEEEEEE

I must have missed that, I thought the whole ep was based in WoW ...