What antivirus solution are you using on Vista?

193 members have voted

1. 1. What AV solution do you use with Vista RC1/RC2 ?

• Avast
    • Clamwin
    • AVG
    • Windows One Care
    • Symantec Antivirus Corp
    • Trendmicro
    • F-prot
    • NOD32
    • Other
    • None and no plans to add any

I've just tried to install ETrust Anti-Virus client on RC2 and it doesn't work - can anyone please let me know what Anti-Virus clients work.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Fred Derf

I've just tried to install ETrust Anti-Virus client on RC2 and it doesn't work - can anyone please let me know what Anti-Virus clients work.

Thanks in advance.

Strange! works fine for me, what was your problem?

I had loads of problems finding an Anti Virus program that works with RC2. All the ones that worked with RC1 didn't want to work with RC2 which was a real pain.

I installed F-Prot 3.16f trial and it worked kind of. There was a little problem with the scheduling part of the program as Vista wanted to block its start up.

I will give Avast 4 a try as I don't really want to pay for F-Prot just to test it with Vista.

Oh BTW, I contacted Mcafee to ask about their NEW 2007 version of their software and its compatibility with Vista. They said none of their programs at the moment are compatible with Vista. I thought that was just great. Why would I want to buy a 2007 bit of software to find that I would have to buy another or an upgrade when Vista comes out!!!

Before you go "oh it's been posted to death" let me point out that no, it hasnt. AFAIK this is the first thread about antivirus in build 5744.

ANYWAYS...

What AntiVirus solutions have you tried and how many still (or starts to) work fine in this build?

I'm using Avast until AVG works with RC2

this is the first thread about antivirus in build 5744.

Nope lol there was one a few minuets before yours if i remember correctly :D

here!

So, I installed windows vista, it's nice eye candy and such :cool: :woot:

I would like to know what free antivirus/firewall actually works for vista

I used ad-aware/spybot when i had xp, will those work for vista aswell? or will it not be compatible?

thanks

AVG Free installed using compatibility mode (XP SP2), got the tip from another forum.

Avast! 4.7 also works w/o problem. When installing, tell it "Yes" on boot scanning; can always cancel

the scan in progress.

yep, just installed Avast 4.7 and works ok on RC2

I'll give an Aye for that :laugh: !

Scirwode

If you do not want to install a residential antivirus?you can use a Vista compatible on-demand free Dr.WEB CureIt! Utility, which is a powerful antivirus which is updated daily.

http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/

ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/cureit.exe

Otherwise, Avast is running nicely.

[/quoteThis utility can quickly clean an infected system, but it is not a permanent tool to cure your computer in case of infection. It is armed with the hottest add-ons to the Dr.Web virus basebut it does not include the Dr.Web Automatic Updating utilityb>. Dr.WEB CureIt! stays actual until the next release of the add-on. To scan your computer with the most up-to-date Dr.WEB virus bases next time you should download new Dr.WEB CureIt! packagei>