8800GTX will "not" be delayed

A faulty resistance as been found on the 8800GTX model making the card instable at high load and may make image corruption.

nVIDIA tell that the problem is minor and need only to replace the faulty resistor.

But all cards need to be backed up and make the change before being sold.

Source: Clubic (French)

English translated (Note: "Chart" is "Card", "resistance" is "resistor" bad translation)

UPDATE:

If we look at VR-Zone: http://sg.vr-zone.com/?i=4253

They have updated thier news to say:

Update #1 : No affect on launch date as yet

Update #2 : NVIDIA will handle the necessary hardware changes (changing of resistors)

Update #3 : Only some 8800GTX cards are affected due to wrong resistor value by a contract manufacturer but to be safe, all the card makers are recalling their cards

Phew... this scared alot of people... :|

Edited by NI3NOR

That's for all the people who keep bugging everyone in the Hardware section, no matter

what the hell you wanted someone always came and and started to scream about this card.

Haven't heard of this on any other major hardware sites, I am not too sure if this is fake news or real.
Clubic.com is bigger than Neowin... but in French. Staff are paid to work on the site (As what I been told)

That's why I post it here... >_>

lol yay buy a card to use on RC2 with no games that support it wait till vistas released before even installing it even if you're going to buy one soon keep it in its box or OEM bag or w/e

At least it's been caught and being fixed.

Not sure, but shouldn't "resistance" be "resistor"?

My bad... :blush:

Another mistranslation... and I forget that in English there a different word for that. Sorry.

Finally a source from a forum I visit :D and one which is from my country! (We actually have about 10 sets sold here, which are obviously affected by the recall. Mostly MSI)

lol yay buy a card to use on RC2 with no games that support it wait till vistas released before even installing it even if you're going to buy one soon keep it in its box or OEM bag or w/e

You act like it won't be backwards compatible with DX9. There's nothing wrong with getting it at launch for a huge gain in performance on current games.