The whole guide must be posted here.

erm, im not sure..i saw bangbang close a topic x 2 then johnS..it the guide were edited or highlights is it still removed..why remove the link?

Some people don't really want to contribute to Neowin, they just want to drive traffic to their blog or personal website.

We don't like that.

Some people don't really want to contribute to Neowin, they just want to drive traffic to their blog or personal website.

We don't like that.

Ah, ok. So its a blanket ban on all half attempts..because on poster was a member since '01...

Im too lazy and computer dumb to help anyone so it does not affect me! lol

Ah, ok. So its a blanket ban on all half attempts..because on poster was a member since '01...

Im too lazy and computer dumb to help anyone so it does not affect me! lol

Yes, it is a blanket rule not aimed at any one member.

We have similar rules for BPN. We don't want people using BPN to drive traffic to their blog or personal website.

i hate it when people have attractive titles, and link the story to their blog.. it's a good rule that neowin has put into place, so in the future, a story thats researched doesn't have a dead link.

good idea to lock and edit topics like this.

Staff perk... not to mention he is a news poster.

I figured that, hence why I never mentioned it but I decided to post it as it was relative in a way. Plus I didn't quite mind it either as he had some good articles. *shrug*

Although, you might want to set a rule out in stone, for the guides forum, that linking to your site for the full article is unacceptable, as I don't think I see that written anywhere.

This makes sense, but at thye same time... not all of the formatting that could be done on a website can be done in a forum post. I say we keep the rule, but is it ok to add a link at the bottom of the guide with the formatting and everything?

I say we keep the rule, but is it ok to add a link at the bottom of the guide with the formatting and everything?

Yes, ultimately that is what is recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, only thing is, that when i posted in there i didnt see anything which stated this.

Not that its a problem of course, just might save you guys some work if people knew that they had to copy the entire guide :p

Not that its a problem of course, just might save you guys some work if people knew that they had to copy the entire guide

I know what you mean, but the way i look at it is that there is prob the rule there some where, we just dont look too hard for it.

I have no problem with the rule, because once it was explained to me it made perfect sence..

Cool, only thing is, that when i posted in there i didnt see anything which stated this.

Not that its a problem of course, just might save you guys some work if people knew that they had to copy the entire guide :p

A link to this thread and a clarification of this rule was added to the Forum Rules for the "A Collection of Essential Guides" forum.