AIM 6.1.16.1

02/20/2007 - A new version of the AIM? 6.1 beta software is available for download. The version number of the software, which can be determined via your Help menu's About AIM item, is 6.1.16.1.

If you have a webcam, please take a few minutes of your time to participate in the Live Video Focus Test contained in the beta area. Your participation in this test will allow us to make important improvements to this feature, including fixes to incompatibility issues with specific hardware.

There are UI changes and new features in this build:

The application now features a color picker that allows you to change the color of Buddy List and other related window elements. The picker, located next to Help menu on your Buddy List, includes 10 colors, including the default orange color.

Another new feature gives you the ability to change the style of your Buddy List's groups and screen names. You can do this via your Settings window's Style tab.

Sub-sorting of Buddy List groups has been implemented in this build. Simply select the appropriate menu item from a Buddy List group's right mouse button contextual menu to invoke this new functionality.

Your Buddy List window can be docked to left or right of your desktop. You may turn docking on via your Settings window's Buddy List tab.

UI changes have been introduced with respect to the way linked screen names are displayed in your Buddy List. The status button of all linked names should now be displayed at top of your Buddy List. Clicking a screen name's button will display the buddies associated with that name.

We are very interested in your comments on these changes. Use the Bug Report or Feedback form to send us your always insightful feedback.

This build fixes several bugs. It also introduces some new issues. For a more complete list of fixed and newly introduced bugs, check out the Known Issues and Fixed Issues sections in the beta area.

As this series of beta tests for AIM 6.1 comes to close, it is even more important that you use all the resources in the beta area. Check out our message board, blogs and surveys, all accessible from the beta area.

We thank you in advance for participating in this test!

I'll hold off on the update until either the AIM AdHack people release an update, or someone confirms that the old version still works. I can see from reading the release notes that they've made changes to the buddy list, so I just want to be careful.

Here's some shots. I'm using light blue to match my wallpaper:

I think that picker icon is kinda ugly there. It sticks out...

Still a good concept, I just dont think the icon has to be out in the open like that.

Does this thing get uglier and ulgier each build? gawd make it use the OS theme instead of investing time and resources into makeing your own.... thats why I stick with "classic" aim clients... it matches the os...

He just said he isn't installing it. And I don't use AIM.

*looks at Chris and mikejd1*

Then why are you posting in the thread :p

I haven't installed the update yet when i do i'll post some shots

Does this thing get uglier and ulgier each build? gawd make it use the OS theme instead of investing time and resources into makeing your own.... thats why I stick with "classic" aim clients... it matches the os...

I agree 100%, SULAX are you listening? :p This is my #1 , huge big major major only suggestion for AIM 6.0, let it skin with the damn OS!

How did it get uglier in this build? You guys do realize that light blue is my choice, right? The default is still the orange.

Er, I should clarify. I don't think the look is ugly per se, but I would much rather have it use Aero than that plain looking thing.

Hey I've been using GAIM for years, but they have been updating is crazy slowly lately. Does this AIM have aliasing? And if it does can it read the aliases I use in GAIM. For me this is really a deal breaker. I love aliasing.

Hey I've been using GAIM for years, but they have been updating is crazy slowly lately. Does this AIM have aliasing? And if it does can it read the aliases I use in GAIM. For me this is really a deal breaker. I love aliasing.

Yes, it does have aliasing, though some people dislike the fact it adds quotes around the alias name.