Openoffice.org 2.2 realeased...

Whats new? Any change log or announcment?

From what I've used of 2.2, there is a new splash screen, faster startup time and a few new features such as a Format Painter.

Thanks for the info. Just a quick question, is there anyway to get the paper I'm writing in the middle of the screen? The box is at the left of the screen, it bothers the hell out of me, especially since I'm on a widescreen laptop. In linux it is in the middle without me changing anything. Anybody know? Thanks.

No, it's unchangeable unfortunately Yorak, and the devs refuse to fix it as they don't see it being a "bug". You're not alone I'll tell you that much :p

Thanks for the info. Just a quick question, is there anyway to get the paper I'm writing in the middle of the screen? The box is at the left of the screen, it bothers the hell out of me, especially since I'm on a widescreen laptop. In linux it is in the middle without me changing anything. Anybody know? Thanks.

I just select "Page width" from the zoom menu. This makes it central, although a little enlarged.

ok im a OO noob hows this compare with MS office ? on vista
I don't use Vista. But, in general, OO.o is a nice free Office suite. It lacks the collaboration features of MS Office (on MS Servers), and I don't think macros copy over. Overall a great suite for the price (free). Free to try. If you find it lacks some feature you require, you aren't out anything.

Inplode - OpenOffice has applications that compare very favorably to Office 2003 and earlier versions. These include Writer (Word), Calc (Excel) and Impress (PowerPoint). They are all very good applications, and for no cost they really cant be beat. The only thing missing is an Outlook replacement. That will never happen. VX

Inplode - OpenOffice has applications that compare very favorably to Office 2003 and earlier versions. These include Writer (Word), Calc (Excel) and Impress (PowerPoint). They are all very good applications, and for no cost they really cant be beat. The only thing missing is an Outlook replacement. That will never happen. VX

Have you tried Evolution or KMail? Both function similarly to Outlook, although they both are missing some of its features.