Hamachi 1.0.2.1

LogMeIn Hamachi is a zero-configuration virtual private networking (VPN) application.

In other words Hamachi is a program that allows you to arrange multiple computers into their own secure network just as if they were connected by a physical network cable. Hamachi is fast, secure and simple. Its core version is also free.

What's in it for me?

Hamachi gives you LAN over the Internet. Virtually any application that works over local/home networks can also be used over Hamachi networks.

Think - Windows File Sharing, iTunes, Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance or even gaming - all fully encrypted, authenticated and peer-to-peer.

What's new in this release?

* Modified the driver to work around Comodo firewall's bug of not coping with zero-checksum'ed UDP packets

* Fixed the crash condition that occurs when starting Hamachi on computers that have previously run 0.9.x.x versions of Hamachi

* Fixed per-peer preferences sometimes not getting properly saved when running Hamachi as a service

* Fixed TCP peer-to-peer tunneling sometimes not working between 1.0.2.0 clients

More info: http://www.hamachi.cc

Download: http://www.hamachi.cc/download/

Edited by Tantawi

They already have :) and it seems to work flawlessly, the old version had UAC prompting and CPU spikes when starting it. Now it's silk smooth.

Sweet. I'll give it a try then. Thanks

Ive been using 1.0.1.5 on Vista for at least a couple weeks and it has worked great!

Going to update all the same though :p

got it installed on my linux box and my linux partition of my server. Can't get to another network right now to fully test it but ghamachi (running on the lappy) says it's connected to it just fine. Assuming it's all working great I'll also install on my windows partition on my laptop.

If it works that means it's FAR easier to set up than openvpn (which was a hedache and I messed it up again a few days ago)

Ive been using 1.0.1.5 on Vista for at least a couple weeks and it has worked great!

Going to update all the same though :p

So i guess it works just fine for Vista :)