The Pirate Bay launches its own music service.

The Pirate Bay has started a unique collaboration with the members of the Swedish rock band Lamont and their manager Kristopher S. Wilbur. After lengthy discussions about the future of the record industry and its implications for the many talented artists and songwriters around the world, we discovered that we held the same vision. The shared insight that the record industry?with its current business model?is outdated inspired the birth of Playble.com.

This innovative music site will allow users to download music by artists for free and still support them financially. Playble.com will give companies with strong brands the opportunity to support music and artists directly. Welcome to Playble.com.

Clicky

News article about it

So i wonder how long it will be before someone tries to sue them. :rolleyetitle and URL corrected

Edited by John S.

You're linking to the wrong place :pinch: It's Playble.com - not playable. :shiftyninja:

I thought that site looked rather pointless and sad :/

I'll keep an eye on this, seems interesting. Just wondering if it'll affect The Pirate Bay's music listings, or will it be separate?

That's the Register for you :laugh:

LMAO! :laugh:

In response to thecableguy and andie: From what I believe, The Pirate Bay's torrent listings and Playble.com are going to be completely different. The only thing that they are using The Pirate Bay for, according to different articles I've read, is that the site will be used for transactions. Music from all over the world should be able to be featured on the site, also.

You're linking to the wrong place :pinch: It's Playble.com - not playable. :shiftyninja:

Oops :blush: Thanks to whoever corrected my mistake. :whistle: