New AT&T terms of service: We'll cut off your Internet connect

New AT&T terms of service: We'll cut off your Internet connection for criticizing us

New AT&T terms of service: We'll cut off your Internet connection for criticizing us

AT&T has brought down new Terms of Service for its network customers. From now on, AT&T can terminate your connection for conduct that "tends to damage the name or reputation of AT&T, or its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries." So AT&T customers aren't allowed to write/podcast/vlog critical things about AT&T, its billing-practices, or its cooperation with illegal NSA wiretapping, on pain of having their connections disconnected.

Source:Boing Boing

Link:AT&T Legal Policy (Terms of Service)

lawl, sounds like their way of saying "shut up"

... or, "don't sign a contract with us upon the time for the next renewal" :laugh:

..seriously, cellphone companies are evil...

I'm glad someone actually reads these things. I'd been given notice that there were new terms of service but blew it off.

I am a (former) BellSouth customer, now a customer of AT&T since the buyout and have been toying with the idea of switching to cable. This is enough to get me off the fence. Gawd, what's yet to come from these mega-corporations and their legal teams?

Heh. I've been pretty unhappy with AT&T this past month or so. I would have switched to cable Internet, but Comcast is a bit too greedy for my tastes. I still might switch, though, because I at least didn't have any problems with Comcast when I did use them. I just hate to think of going back to paying them ~$130/month for cable and Internet - and I didn't even have HDTV or any premium channels back when I paid those prices.

Maybe they hire people to search for "I hate AT&T" all day long.

Actually, you're not far wrong. Remeber Google PigeonRank technology? It works in a similar way. Batery farmed chickens and all that, remember? They're in the pay of AT&T...

And in other new: If you aren't a customer of AT&T and slag them off, they will send a couple of "the boys" around to give you (concrete) boots and take for for a stroll on a lake...

But seriously, AT&T are nutcases.

Sigh. You don't have constitutional rights against private companies. They apply to the government. A private company doesn't have to follow them.

That's exactly what I was going to post. If you don't like the company and their practices, don't use them. Whatever you do, don't continue to use their services and whine about it. You'll be just as bad as them in that case.

Slightly OT: People seem to think that freedom of speech means they can say anything they want. Try reading the actual constitution first.

Comcast is guilty too. They have been diconnecting customers because they dl too mcuh. What kind of crap is that? If I pay for damn bandwidth i better get my use out of it!

Comcast is guilty too. They have been diconnecting customers because they dl too mcuh. What kind of crap is that? If I pay for damn bandwidth i better get my use out of it!

Ya my internet provider doesn't seem to care how much I download, but i'm also playing $30 more than most people for the higher 15 meg service. for a total of around $75 a month

Ya my internet provider doesn't seem to care how much I download, but i'm also playing $30 more than most people for the higher 15 meg service. for a total of around $75 a month

15megs!! Thats awesome. I pay about $65 for mine (6Mbps) from AT&T. They either dont care i download or they havent caught on yet.

All I can say, is that I'm happy I have Verizon. Never had a problem with them. Any problems with any of my phones and they just give me a new phone on the spot, no questions asked.